View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 100% 3yo Horses 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: 100% 3yo Horses
spot on john the 1st ck result is a nonsense totally dismiss also when u export shut down the game and restart before u trial

Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:17 pm
Selling plater

Shutdown the game? Why?

Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:50 pm
Group 1 winner

Every long standing trainer has ck theory’s I have heard the turn it off and start again one before, read the ck is so unreliable if you do that you get totally different results from trail to trial.

Personally I think this is confidence, trial after trial some get on a roll some in a rut. But it is really just more guessing to try and work why it is so random and inconsistent.

Crap code is more likely for me than hidden stats or racing fairies :)

Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:02 pm
Group 2 winner

I would have thought restarting the game after the first trial seemed a bit excessive. Sure it's fine to just ignore. Personally I trial 15 races at each track I choose for each distance, i.e. my sprinters get Newmarket, 5 on gd-sft, 5 on gd, then 5 on gd-fm, then the same for Ascot, and also a speedier track afterwards, once they have been slimmed down a bit. It balances out any little quirks there might be I find. I spend as much time trialling each season, as I do playing the game

Any of you guys finding that the more versatile a colt seems to be the better he is at breeding. So I've found horses I thought must be brilliant at breeding. Had everything, great breeding lines, win my trials well, even consistency. But still duds at breeding. However, if I find a horse that competes in my trials over multiple distances, he is almost always a top breeder. It's led me trying a few of the ones I wouldn't usually use for breeding, as they were good, but not quite good enough, over a couple of distances, an if they're close enough in those trials too, I always use them for a few seasons breeding.

Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:18 pm
Group 1 winner

I have seen that, but I don’t think there is anymore too it than wonder colts who breed stacks of good horses or total ck duds with all the looks breeding monsters. I have had joy with all three, I dare not use the ‘L’ word but you know.

Trials take me about 3 to 4 days each code, though I mass trial 3 or 4 breeding seasons in one go. If I am doing this in the background of a working day your talking 7hrs so roughly 21-28hrs of trialing for every 3/4 seasons of play.

Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:00 pm
Group 1 winner

shutdown after exporting ive found some do not run as well (perhaps thats just me) though i have trialled straight from export didnt finish went back and got a few horses who were nowhere near running very well in the same conditions

Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:16 pm
Group 1 winner

These days, within each cycle of three or four seasons I broadly look to do:

1 - logical breeding, so like distances, surface preference, best with best etc with the same sort of lines.
2 - semi logical breeding, so I cover the same above with different pairings but along the same theme, I also do some best to worse and distance mixes where the move is only say 2f either way, looking for bar changes or race styles etc.
3 - illogical breeding with some specific distance experiments, so mix up the distances in the extreme, stayers with shorter distance types. Opposing race styles and type so dirt and turf, hurdlers with chasers. There is usually more logical pairings in the NH game as I have 400+ mares so there is a lot of ground to cover.
4 - random, recover failures for pairings I liked, more logical and illogical breeding and more specific distance, cross mixes.

I get good trial horses from all of the above, usually break throughs or something that is a stepping stone to a breakthrough comes from 3 and 4. This also usually means the mares breed with a wider range of stallions, which helps with the identification of mares who consistently breed well, since at the end of the cycle i usually dump half of the mares and refresh them with the ones just breed and the realised potential flops.

Sun Nov 29, 2020 3:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2