View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 NH Week 4 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: NH Week 4
Well there you go , if you're happy with the way it is happy days - it definitely needs improved but I think that can be achieved with tweaks to handicapping and the schedule. We can't add more races in though, in my opinion, without more people doing comms and race running as it is a big operation each weekend as it is.

Ryan, keep the faith and the patience and you'll see better results both in your game and in the league.

Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:01 pm
Handicapper

yeah agree

Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
I definitely dont think you are a middle tier trainer, you have literally won the Kentucky Derby. You are at the top with all the other top trainer. Last season you had lots of group 1 success with belladona.

Your confusing a few good horses with having a good stable. Most of my sprinters apart from ‘Dazzling’ are 80-90 rated handicappers. My milers are 100 rated, so also need handicaps if I want any winners. My 1.2m have two who I think are group class rest handicappers, my 1.4m aside from belladona are well off pace for group right now, 1.6m might be group class and my 2m lot are handicappers.

This game is not breed one great horse as your made, Belladona never bred anything even close to her. No doubting I am a top tier trainer on the NH, but not on the flat.

Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:08 pm
Handicapper

Like i said i had enough for today, but seems your always the one to bite back on the forums anyway.......

Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Thats not the case here, Being realistic the likes of Gordon Elliot has plenty of average horses, he is still classed as a top trainer, Plenty of top trainers have plenty of average horses in there yard.

Bet he has more than 25-30 horses too.

Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:13 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Can any of the top trainers say they would stick around if they had a 1 or 2 % strike rate, that is not fun

Did that my first season, no it’s not much fun, so I listened to the top tiers advice replicated the methods, got better and did not do it again.

Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:16 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Some of the newbies are new and dont know what the right balance stable to have, as you can expect as its there first season. I was the same last season

All people need do is ask, one trainer did Adam, and he has had winners.

Everyone pretty much shares everything, it why this community compared to plenty of other game forums is really pretty decent.

Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:19 pm
Handicapper

if only this side could get along :twisted: :twisted: :roll: :D

Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:24 pm
Handicapper

Unfortunately Josh, no winners in the league this season (yet? unless I’ve had one for the upcoming week!? Haha.) But did have 2 a few seasons a go when I last took part. I tend to stay out of these arguments as I don’t have any ideas to improve the league. But I do think their should be a sticky at the top of the forum stating how to properly balance your league stable I.e how many mares, stallions over what distances, ages etc I know it’s probably been spoken about within the forum numerous times, however, it’s human nature that if it’s not right in front of you, you don’t look for it, or your not really sure what you’re needing to know? I’m not sure the ‘lower’ trainers like myself are really that bothered about having the big G1 races as I’m buzzing with a place in a 0-70 handicap which I was last week and did a wee dance in my room :lol: maybe their should be another sticky about how to properly place horses too? It’s probably a lot to ask for someone but keeping people’s expectations low to begin with until they learn how to place horses and get a place there or here even in 0-70 handicaps is the thing that gets people addicted and want to join in more. I think penalising the bigger trainers by reducing their stable size or reducing the amount of races they can enter is a stupid one as a bigger trainer can still have a 80 rated horse and lose a 0-90 handicap. I think the main advantage they have is they know how the game works and how to place horses properly which you only get through playing it. Once someone has caught the bug I feel they would stick at it more even if they’ve only had places in one season, they know they’re steady competitive and will continue breeding and will hopefully improve their stable for the next season. Anyway, I’ve shared my 2 cents and probably waffled on too much. The league is what’s good about the game and I for one wouldn’t really play the game if this element wasn’t there.

Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:17 pm
Group 2 winner

Best bit of advice I got when I started came from Doug in his best Aussie no frills delivery …

"Mart just put your horses in the lowest grade races they can get into and the winners will come"

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Sun Dec 06, 2020 12:12 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
Best bit of advice I got when I started came from Doug in his best Aussie no frills delivery …

"Mart just put your horses in the lowest grade races they can get into and the winners will come"

Simples :-)

Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:01 am
Group 3 winner

Funniest thing about this is, it's only week 4. Let it be!

Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:40 am
Group 1 winner

delmonty1964 wrote:
Anadin wrote:
jockeyryan321 wrote:
come on stu get your stable ready :lol: :lol:

If only I had time :wink:

if only you had time hey Stu says
well i got an idea if it actually could work probably not
double trainer ... meaning someone like stu not got much time but i have more time
but i hate trailing so so so boring and i dont want to do it
i would breed like crazy ... race horses and upload horses etc
where someone like stu could do all the trails and enter horses in races etc if he was interested :lol: :lol: :lol:
ps not joking
now is this crazy idea ?

£25 an hour and I'll consider it :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I'd rather handicap :wink:

Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:17 am
Group 1 winner

Edit. Wrong thread.

Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:16 am
Group 3 winner

1 WORD

Oasis - She's Electric (Official Lyric Video)
great song
brill comms mr ry
wins like that i love dont matter what grade it is
dunno if im middle or lower trainer won the big grand national and the arc plus other good races ..1 thing enjoy it all
been around for many years and still love watching the races
leave things alone if not broken .. the leagues great in my eyes
this so7 in brilliant ok new trainers will moan as entering G1 races but as mr young ryan said its nice and fun to enter these races and every game everyone likes to moan ]
dave and old boy ry :lol: have came back this season and beating top trainers

PROVES THIS GAME IS NOT ABOUT LUCK
stop moaning just enjoy this great game

Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6