View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:23 am

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 NH Week 4 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: NH Week 4
Quote:
Get your tin hat out Josh. I suggested this about 4 seasons ago and people went crazy saying it would lead to file sharing cheating and all sorts. The thread is probably still there if you scroll back far enough !

If I can survive ‘luckgate’ then I am sure I can survive this :)

Honestly I’d rather have a league with lots of people and competitive races, even if it is my lines helping than no league at all. I have expanded my thinking on the whole owner trainer thing too but let’s see what amount of mud gets thrown at that one first.

Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:14 am
Group 1 winner

S07 having no TTF file, then there would be no way of moving horses within games, would there ???

OMG! I see your plan Josh, bring back the TTF :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:30 am
Group 1 winner

I don’t recall the function as I never used it but it was not the tff, it was something that allowed horses to go outside your license.

And honestly stu here is me standing up for the little folk and you have to go and cast aspersions on my good name. Shame on you ;)

Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:04 am
Handicapper

Anadin wrote:
S07 having no TTF file, then there would be no way of moving horses within games, would there ???

OMG! I see your plan Josh, bring back the TTF :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am not advocating bringing back TTF's but it would be good if there was someway to transfer horses ONCE from one save to another save.

I am now on my 3rd NH save, the other two became unplayable. It is hard work having to keep starting from scratch again.

Githyanki wrote:
I don’t recall the function as I never used it but it was not the tff, it was something that allowed horses to go outside your license.

And honestly stu here is me standing up for the little folk and you have to go and cast aspersions on my good name. Shame on you ;)

I remember something like this. I think it was back in SO4. I think it was Andy C or Scatters who posted some 5f sprinters for people to download.

Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:20 am
Group 1 winner

Unfortunately stud farm idea great in theory bad in practice as it lead to collusion cheating etc.

Probably better to bring back the hidden bars but not the tff.

Donate and draft was tried but just lead to accusations that top trainers just wanted more horses in the league. However it's not a bad idea.

Been involved in the online league / game a bit long. Since 2005. Crazy that's 16 years

Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:20 am
Group 3 winner

Anadin wrote:
jockeyryan321 wrote:
come on stu get your stable ready :lol: :lol:

If only I had time :wink:

if only you had time hey Stu says
well i got an idea if it actually could work probably not
double trainer ... meaning someone like stu not got much time but i have more time
but i hate trailing so so so boring and i dont want to do it
i would breed like crazy ... race horses and upload horses etc
where someone like stu could do all the trails and enter horses in races etc if he was interested :lol: :lol: :lol:
ps not joking
now is this crazy idea ?

Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:59 pm
Group 3 winner

I agree with Ryan, there should be races for newer players to dip their toe in and maybe get a win without more higher experienced players being involved. There used to be some sort of conditional races in the league many years ago for players with fewer wins, can't remember the exact details. This was in SO4 days, before breeding and jumps racing when Colm was running the league. I remember uploading horses during the upload slot and been quite prolific in them which spurred me on to keep playing the league at the time.

These races were then removed and replaced so there were more races for those more experienced players. I said at the time I would fight the decision to remove them but I stopped playing and it was obvious I was the only player at the time who wanted them to remain for newer players to gain an easier entry to the league.

Seems to me it wouldn't be too hard to add conditions to some of the lower handicap flat races so newer players have a better chance of winning. Not sure about the jumps as the hunter chases are kind of that sort of race and some of the fields are small already. To be honest I'm not sure how well it would work but a race or two each week might be a good thing to try maybe.

Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:15 am
Group 1 winner

Again is this not what the handicaps are for? We even have max rated 100 G1’s at some point. This week is a fine example of a card full of handicaps many of which are hardly brimming with low tier trainers looking for wins.

Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:04 am
Group 1 winner

The banded races were replaced with handicaps, which have a similar effect but are fairer as they are handicaps. In those days there were hardly any handicaps. Now there are loads. All trainers who keep entering the league get winners. There are lots of lower graded handicaps this week meant for smaller trainers. However entries were really low. Which means the balance is about right. If these races were oversubscribed you could say that more were needed but loads of these races had under 10 entries. One had 1 ( had to change this as a walkover would not be good ) some are match races ( which is fine ). This will result in a lot of trainers getting wins who have not got them yet.

The first 2 weeks are always hard but you need maidens as horses need a mark. Adding group 1's and double entries has helped move a lot of top trainers horses out of these races so that has helped a bit

But from week 3 things get much better for smaller trainers and most trainers should start getting winners now

As Josh says I added 0-100 G1's which are meant for mid and lower table trainers and that's who won them last season.

The thing is to get the balance right. For too long it was just the bottom and top trainers that got looked after and the middling trainers got left out and these are the ones that eventually got disillusioned and left

Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:02 am
Group 3 winner

Boys 0-100 h'caps - group1 h'caps are not for the lower tier trainers. The Max are 0-90 but I think 0-85 h'caps. The only trainers that win 0-100 group 1 h'caps are the top trainers that get horses rated just below a 100. Horses in the 70's and 80's can not beat them. The are very few middle level trainers, probably 3 or 4 at max and they are trying to get to the top table, there is no middle ground. If all u horses are rated over a 100 then u are a top level trainer if u like it or not.

Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:50 am
Group 1 winner

Should G1 handicap or otherwise be easy. Is it wins or group wins we need to pass down. Looking at results this week I see a fair spread of names in those handicaps. The lower tier will likely pick up more wins this week than I will.

Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:29 pm
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
Boys 0-100 h'caps - group1 h'caps are not for the lower tier trainers. The Max are 0-90 but I think 0-85 h'caps. The only trainers that win 0-100 group 1 h'caps are the top trainers that get horses rated just below a 100. Horses in the 70's and 80's can not beat them. The are very few middle level trainers, probably 3 or 4 at max and they are trying to get to the top table, there is no middle ground. If all u horses are rated over a 100 then u are a top level trainer if u like it or not.

Again not what the results show. Where are you digging these details up from because they not based on facts. Mike Westwood won 1 of the group 1 0-100s last season and he wasn't even in the top 20. The Ebor was won by someone not in top 20 as well. Likewise the Hennessey. I could go on ...

It's not easy winning a handicap off top weight. Even group 1 winners struggle to win group 2's etc carrying a penalty. Weight is a big leveler. Of cause if you run a horse which is out of the handicap, when there are races like 0-80's etc for it, it won't have much chance

Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Should G1 handicap or otherwise be easy. Is it wins or group wins we need to pass down. Looking at results this week I see a fair spread of names in those handicaps. The lower tier will likely pick up more wins this week than I will.

What people got to realize is a 0-95 6f race is not the same as a 0-75 6f h'cap. They are totally different races in ability , we know for a fact that the higher h'cap/weighted horses will always win a lot more races on the flat than over jumps.

There really is no middle trainers , the few we have at this moment are old players like Steve and James who will want to be racing against the best . Its almost a 50-50 split between the top/plays a lot to the lower/ casual player . If there is a 50-50 split we know that the top players will always have a full squad but some/half will only have it in the lower tiers . I think the top trainers have more races to aim for than the casual players.

Leon + Josh u go have a look at each trainer on the flat list and their horse and u will see a clear line in the sand between the top and lower trainers.

Leon Josh even said it this week that u can will with a high h'cap horse but u cant over jumps.

One win are u really basing it on that . Come on play the game fair if u want a League or change the name to Elite league . U pick what u want Leon

Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:49 pm
Group 1 winner

Run the league how u want if u think its fine then don't ever complain when u run out of trainers.

Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:55 pm
Handicapper

come on john, your a top trainer, league cant afford to lose all the people who has been here for years. i 100% agree with you.

Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next