View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 NH Week 4 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: NH Week 4
Boys, Boys Boys......

Lets not go down this well trodden route of what constitutes a Big or Little trainer, who should enter what ? how many G races to handicaps ? etc etc. sadly we do not have a never ending schedual of races and everyone wants to see there horses run, which we know is great in an ideal world and could happen if we increased the workload on all the volunteers and run 90 races a week, but alas this is not going to........

People are looking at what needs changing, bands etc. So patience lad's. :)

Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:10 pm
Handicapper

come on stu get your stable ready :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:13 pm
Group 1 winner

jockeyryan321 wrote:
come on stu get your stable ready :lol: :lol:

If only I had time :wink:

Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:24 pm
Handicapper

is this excuses since you didnt win the national last season :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:25 pm
Group 2 winner

My 2 cents. Some tiered races each week that the top 10 trainers can't enter could be a solution? They don't even need to be handicaps. Make them similar to the championship stuff at the minute, or make them group races with decent prize money. The flat could have 1 sprint, 1 mile an 1 one middle distance, an a stayer race each week. That's 5 races out of 40 a week, doesn't seem like much. And they don't need to be replacing group1s,so the the top trainers are necessarily losing out. They could replace some of these handicaps that are getting only a few runners, there's already a few this week.

I think sometimes we need to come away from a 'real life' schedule, in the best interests of the league an catering for more casual players. I've complained about my horses being rated too high recently, but thinking about it, it is better for the league they're too high than too low. My stable is basically held up by my sprinters at the minute, maybe a bit of my 1m4 to stayers are decent too, nothing in between. so doing the tiered races would hinder my other distances, that aren't any good at all. Sometimes it's easy for me to think I have a right for those horses in between to be getting into these handicaps, but this isn't real racing and I guess I have to accept that if mine aren't good enough to be group1 horses, then that's hard luck.

Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Boys horse bridgewell leader needs to be put on 110 for falling , its still on 100.

Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:29 pm
Group 1 winner

I have adjusted 3 races Graded races has Followed

Race 13

John Horse Vanella now 150

Race 30

Johns Horse Ask The Leader 160

Race 26

I have changed a couple in this race

Check your horses

Jim Murray
Davylad
Josh
Ryan
Leon
Alex Cherrie

Your horses have been adjusted.

Gray

Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Crikey Jim, don’t use the ‘L’ word here or the bullets start to fly. Ducks back down into his hidey hole.

As for being a top trainer it is impossible on SO7 to qualify this for a number of reason. Yes my NH team are likely all graded class, some clearly being better than others but my flat team is entirely different, I have some genuine group horses but I also have a few genuine 0-80 handicappers, to class me or any other trainer in such broad terms is not going to help, good in one distance on SO7 does not equal good on all.

Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:00 am
Group 1 winner

What would be really cool, and here is my mad crazy idea for the day, would be to create a league stud, where top trainers could donate horses to others to give an immediate boost to their lines, maybe via in league currency winnings or something which is then added to the total pot, the old export function that I understand used to exist in earlier versions of the game..............no ok, that’s just madness, I’ll get my coat again.

Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:39 am
Handicapper

i like that idea,my crazy idea is that we have league sales - how cool would that be :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:44 am
Group 1 winner

Actually I have a slightly more practical variant, and since I am clearly in the midst of some strange throw back to my days of munching disco biscuits, you may need to bare with me.

Create different types of league participation, owner, owner/trainer and trainer. owner/trainer as it is now but maybe with less horses, owner allows players to put a pool of horses, say the same as the owner/trainer stable reduction, that need to be trained and raced by others in trainer mode, winnings split separate tables, owner, owner/trainer and just trainer.....sealed bid auctions, trainers have the same fixed starting cash pot at the start of the season, owners provide details on lineage breeding etc but let the trainer deal with all the entries. And say you can only be an owner and an owner trainer but not all three etc etc.

New player possibilities without the need to spend hours and hours breeding and trialing, owners get to see more horses in the league.......probably not thought it through, but if the league is in decline why not do something a bit radical.....

Ok ok I am definitely leaving this time.

Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:03 am
Group 2 winner

Githyanki wrote:
What would be really cool, and here is my mad crazy idea for the day, would be to create a league stud, where top trainers could donate horses to others to give an immediate boost to their lines, maybe via in league currency winnings or something which is then added to the total pot, the old export function that I understand used to exist in earlier versions of the game..............no ok, that’s just madness, I’ll get my coat again.

Get your tin hat out Josh. I suggested this about 4 seasons ago and people went crazy saying it would lead to file sharing cheating and all sorts. The thread is probably still there if you scroll back far enough !

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:13 am
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Githyanki wrote:
Actually I have a slightly more practical variant, and since I am clearly in the midst of some strange throw back to my days of munching disco biscuits, you may need to bare with me.

Create different types of league participation, owner, owner/trainer and trainer. owner/trainer as it is now but maybe with less horses, owner allows players to put a pool of horses, say the same as the owner/trainer stable reduction, that need to be trained and raced by others in trainer mode, winnings split separate tables, owner, owner/trainer and just trainer.....sealed bid auctions, trainers have the same fixed starting cash pot at the start of the season, owners provide details on lineage breeding etc but let the trainer deal with all the entries. And say you can only be an owner and an owner trainer but not all three etc etc.

New player possibilities without the need to spend hours and hours breeding and trialing, owners get to see more horses in the league.......probably not thought it through, but if the league is in decline why not do something a bit radical.....

Ok ok I am definitely leaving this time.

That is a brilliant idea, should be aleast considered.

Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:17 am
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
Githyanki wrote:

Get your tin hat out Josh. I suggested this about 4 seasons ago and people went crazy saying it would lead to file sharing cheating and all sorts. The thread is probably still there if you scroll back far enough !

Suggested this about 12 years ago :lol: :lol: :lol:

and copyrighted the idea :lol: :lol:

Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:55 am
Profile WWW
Group 3 winner

Yes this idea was around when I started in the league nearly 10 years ago, I think it went something like each person would put in a horse or two into a pool and someone could pick one out but everytime this has got talked about the lower down trainers hated the idea.

Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:24 am
Reply to topic   [ 90 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next