View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 New Upload Review 
Group 1 winner

Post New Upload Review
Here is a run down of my new horses for the remainder of the season. I've made even more improvements to my flat team and believe I have some top class horses coming in.

My flat games are showing signs of big improvements again in all distances bar 1m4f older horses.

Cannot wait to see them in action.

Flat Team

Upfortheyawn 2yo Colt (Sleeping ending x Scots Moore)
Very recently entered my CK and he's showing real class and finishers like a train. Been very difficult to beat my current crop of 2yo and it's taken me months to finally beat them from 5f-10f. I've around 6 new ones now at home which beat the ones in the league this season. Very high hopes he'll bag a G1 before the season is done. Really want a Breeders Cup Juvenile race.

Initialize 3yo Colt (Mardeila Blocks x Trojan Attack)
I was reluctant to upload him,  but thought I could potentially get better for next season and wanted to race him. He's probably the best flat horse I've seen in my trials and can wipe the floor with my older horses. He will be back next season as a 4yo. This game is starting to show younger horses can compete with my older horses. I'm hopeful this will translate to league form. He is a seriously good horse and he's thrown in at the deep end in the Irish Derby on his debut. His father is turning into a superstar stallion for me, which has improved my horses over a variety of distances.

The Mandalorian 3yo Filly (Fable Master x Trojan Attack)
This filly is of a similar profile to Initialize. I haven't been a fan of hold up horses this season but I guess I've not had real classy ones who have the acceleration to pick up and also have that turn of foot at the end of a race. This filly I believe as those traits. Her mother is Fable Master who had a wicked turn of foot and was one of the best 2yo fillies last season. She along with Trojan have passed on so much abilities to this horse. Cannot wait for her offspring. I do have better than her at home now but wanted to race her this season.

November Rain 7yo (Mardeila Blocks x Honor Robbers)
Been brought in for the dirt races and to try and catch Leon up on Prize Money which is a massive task. The Pegusus is the main aim but I hope he can show himself on the turf as well. Trials very well and likes to be up with the pace and also as a kick for home as well. I like him a lot.

Lookscouldkill 7yo (Landscape Road x Meynell Vision)
This stayer is by my 3m chaser from last season and a very good staying flat mare who wasn't really league class but competitive in the CK. Will be aimed at the Melbourne Cup. Still need to improve this distance and it's starting to show signs i have. Just not enough slots to test the water so to speak.

NH Team

Sierra Messiah 6yo
My 2mH have been disappointing this season, and I was expecting better. Still it's only half way through the season and the big festivals are approaching. Been showing up quite promising in my trials and I need to test if 6yo can actually compete in the league at the highest level. My CK is still not right, bloody (GENERROR) and not been able to enter 6yo and 7yo in the same race.

Relative Rose 7yo
I've already a live Arkle type in Making Memories but thought I'd throw in another into the mix. Starting to see big improvements with my 2mC  and this mare looks the real deal. Will be aimed at all the top novice 2mC.

Madam Jeanie 7yo
My last 3mH novice wasn't up to scratch at all. Not even sure this horse is but I need to test her out. Lot's of work needs to be done on my 3mH for next season.

Under Taurus 7yo
What a struggle it's being trying to get good 3mC. Never used to have this problem in previous versions of the game. I do think I'm now starting to get my breeding operation going for these types of horses and I'm seeing improvements in my trials. Still plenty of work to be done to beat the likes of Leon, Josh, Ryan and John. Let's see what this fellow can do for the remaining of the season and how far away he is. I've better at home but I like him a lot. Gold Cup is the aim!!!

Golden Miller 7yo
I love this horse!! He's got me enjoying playing the game again and watching him over fences is a pleasure. He is my best horse over the Gold Cup trip and I'm very optimistic he could be the one to finally break my duck in the race. Who knows I could even retire if it happens!!!! King George will be on the short side for both my horses but they have each way chances.

Great to see new trainers uploading horses and an old vet back in the league.

Good luck to all.

Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:43 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: New Upload Review
Only 2 subs for me no jumps subs

2YO Colt - Proud As Punch - B/D 1m 1/8
2YO Filly - Far Right - B/D 1m 1/8

Have bought in 2 x 2YO milers with the Breeders Cup Juveniles on dirt being
their main targets both will run ok over a mile they may take in races like the
racing post trophy and fillies mile etc.

2 retirements are Phantom & Favoritism - Sadly last years Derby winner has not
landed a blow this season he has been very poor showing that people naturally have
caught me up also Favoritism has to go she is a 4YO mare and she went winless in her
first 6 starts and I have to keep my 3YO milers so no choice but to chop her.

It's nice to bring back champions from the past season but so far all 4 of the horses I
bought back have not won a race so need to be abit more selective next season maybe only
bring back one of 2 still have hopes that Tajikistan & Ultimately Cool can do something before
the season is out.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:47 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I've put my gold cup winner in from last year Solo Mio and his best son Cover Mio , both will go for the Prix Cadran.

I've add 3 horses over jumps and I put them in because I wanted to see if they are good enough to breed to. Got better horses but I kept them back for next season just in case I cant improve them.

Cyphrate is a 2miler and I hope is good enough to breed to because im struggling with my 2 milers now.

Beech Road is a 2m4 horse I need him to be decent because I'm struggling breeding horses over those distances.

Channels Gate is a 4 mile plus horse ( not really sure of his distance) not really trialled him but hes a lovely front runner and I wanted to enter one of the gamebreed Oblitiright English horses to see how they get on.

Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:36 pm
Group 1 winner

Did not see the point of bringing in 5 new flat horses since I find getting good ones pretty difficult right now, the few new decent looking sorts I have breed will be held back instead I have dumped three hopelessly outclassed donkeys and added 3 new 2yo’s.

The Funky Duck - trialed well as a 2yo over 1m before vanishing off the face of the earth when older, presents a minor upgrade to my current crop and may challenge for the group 2yo races at the end of the season. Breeding includes Kentucky Derby winner ‘The Drunken Duck’

Anastasia - Much like her stable mate above really only showed her best trial form as a 2yo but does still feature on the trial sheets and 3 and 4. Could again challenge for the better 1m group races that round out the season.

Jemima Puddleduck - Another whose breeding features the current Kentucky Derby winner, does her best work as a 3yo and over 1.4m but shows a lot of potential in my 2yo trials over 1.2m. Could have group level promise.

For the NH my thinking was much the same, though I have hardly breed a load of good new horses, and I have held back the majority of my better ones for next year. I have also experimented and for the first time exported these horses with jockey instructions. I have been unsure about it ever since and did not really see much difference at trial against those with none.

Wings of the Angel - Sired by Angel and Demon but is a pale shadow of his sire, struggling to make any headway at 2.4m for hurdles right now, so presents only a minor improvement to the quality of the team, will be looking to plunder some handicaps for the most part.

Out of Tone - Like the above 2.4m chase is another area I cannot improve right now, and the current team are already sub par. This chap is hopefully a stepping stone for next season and again is one i expect to see action in the handicaps whilst I have a workable mark.

Lord of The National - one area I have had no issue improving is my 4m chasers I made a break through in the last cycle before this one and that horse has breed about 4 new stars, this horse is not one of those, he was off the break through generation and is sired by current team member Lord of the North. My current best hope for the National is already rated in the 150’s so she has no hope, race kit handicapping may mean he is rated lower even if he proves to be as good as I think. Group class.

Kingdom of Whiskey - my 2m hurdle project was not quite finished when the team was originally picked so I have used the time to address that and the results have seen a number of new 2m hurdlers coming through. She does not top the lists but is the best filly to have come through and will give me an option for the Trull house if the supreme looks beyond her. Group class.

Dominion of Darkness - currently tops the pile at trial and marks the new standard for my 2m hurdle team, but then I also breed 4 other colts who are about as good so the future breeding lines look secure. Will look for the champion hurdle and may just be good enough to have a shout, though I am a little off pace generally at 2m hurdles so time will tell. Group class.

Josh

Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:06 pm
Group 1 winner

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Only 2 subs for me no jumps subs

2YO Colt - Proud As Punch - B/D 1m 1/8
2YO Filly - Far Right - B/D 1m 1/8

Have bought in 2 x 2YO milers with the Breeders Cup Juveniles on dirt being
their main targets both will run ok over a mile they may take in races like the
racing post trophy and fillies mile etc.

2 retirements are Phantom & Favoritism - Sadly last years Derby winner has not
landed a blow this season he has been very poor showing that people naturally have
caught me up also Favoritism has to go she is a 4YO mare and she went winless in her
first 6 starts and I have to keep my 3YO milers so no choice but to chop her.

It's nice to bring back champions from the past season but so far all 4 of the horses I
bought back have not won a race so need to be abit more selective next season maybe only
bring back one of 2 still have hopes that Tajikistan & Ultimately Cool can do something before
the season is out.

Nice debut win for Far Right

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:27 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]