View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 farcical! 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: farcical!
Githyanki wrote:
The nub of this is it should not matter what game variant you play, you should be able to enjoy league success if you put in the effort, it is not the fault of either those playing combined or playing flat only. The game variants themselves are the issue and all the talking in the world will not change it, only Mark can but I’ll not be holding my breath.

Starting again is actually quite enjoyable for me, and I cannot see why a combined variant means you have to play the jumps, just ignore that side completely from a races and trials perspective. Yes you may have a gold cup winner you never knew about but if you don’t care for the jumps just overlook it, the rest of the game is the same. Playing both a flat and combined game is probably the best all round strategy for flat league success but I understand why that will not work for everyone.

Hope you stick with it Steve.

Josh

Unfortunately if you play a combined game you have to at least enter your horses into jumps races for the potential to improve. If you play it like a flat game you will see the potential drop like a flat game and unless you enter the horse into jump races it will continue to depreciate. If you enter your flat horse into a jump race then the game will adjust the potential for a jumps horse and this seems to convert to flat form in the ck meaning you are improving a horse on the flat. Not sure if any of my ex-flat horses are still any good in game on the flat because once they go hurdling I have never gone back to the flat once they are jumping. So if you don't care about the jumps side of the game I say stick to flat games, you will have to take on the 7yo for now, hopefully Mark will sort this issue out eventually.
It's a bug or coding issue that needs sorting properly (sooner the better). It was a bug with flat horses in one update where the potential was slow to progress but would stay high for longer and was sorted back in 2019. Can`t remember the exact date of the patch but I remember Mark saying it was an easy fix and it did fix the flat game.

Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:11 am
Group 1 winner

dragontrainer wrote:
Unfortunately if you play a combined game you have to at least enter your horses into jumps races for the potential to improve. If you play it like a flat game you will see the potential drop like a flat game and unless you enter the horse into jump races it will continue to depreciate. If you enter your flat horse into a jump race then the game will adjust the potential for a jumps horse and this seems to convert to flat form in the ck meaning you are improving a horse on the flat. Not sure if any of my ex-flat horses are still any good in game on the flat because once they go hurdling I have never gone back to the flat once they are jumping. So if you don't care about the jumps side of the game I say stick to flat games, you will have to take on the 7yo for now, hopefully Mark will sort this issue out eventually.
It's a bug or coding issue that needs sorting properly (sooner the better). It was a bug with flat horses in one update where the potential was slow to progress but would stay high for longer and was sorted back in 2019. Can`t remember the exact date of the patch but I remember Mark saying it was an easy fix and it did fix the flat game.

This is not strictly true. The flat breds decline at 5 no matter what you do in combined game ( running them over fences doesn't help). If however you mix the breeding with nh horses eventually you get your flat breds getting full potential at 6. Queen of Night and Room for Mistakes never jumped a fence in my game but they still peaked at 6 while still trialing well at all ages except 5, an age where nothing trials well. Pure flat breds seem better for me now on the flat in my combined game. They best at 6 and decline quickkly at 7

Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:36 pm
Group 1 winner

I was playing two games on the flat , my main game and my stayers game and I just sorted my stayers out for when I bred a little for next season and I opened my main game to see what I was breeding when I stopped playing and the only full horse I bred Conquest Ghostride was 6 at stud and so I rushed through 3 or 4 seasons to see what he would breed. He could breed 98-99% 3yo's and 100% 4yo, so if u had a full one age's ago then u could still bred full flat horses . I only found 1 full flat gamebred and he only breed 1 full one Ghostride .

Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:30 pm
Group 3 winner

I have never had a 100% since league mode or playing a combined game and guess I never will have. Do I care? No! I see this season one of my horses challenging the top 1m4f horses in the league and maybe if I'd given him the challenge earlier option it might of been better (jury still out on that) stays further but why bother. I doubt his potential bar got near 90% but he must have some nice hidden stats so I`m happy to just think that and he has become the games best breeder so the only way is up!

Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:32 am
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3