View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Full brothers/Full sisters 
Handicapper

Post Full brothers/Full sisters
Is the rule that no full brothers or full sisters are allowed in the league still being enforced?

I haven't heard of any horses getting removed recently because of it, which means either everyone is abiding by the rules or the rule doesn't exist anymore?

Mon Apr 05, 2021 7:07 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Full brothers/Full sisters
bump

Fri May 21, 2021 10:02 pm
Group 3 winner

I read you can have a full brother and sister in the league but not two full brothers or two full sisters

Sat May 29, 2021 1:01 pm
Handicapper

David1uk wrote:
I read you can have a full brother and sister in the league but not two full brothers or two full sisters

That is supposed to be the rule, but you never hear of any trainer's horses getting scratched for it. So am wondering whether the rule is still being enforced. Are some trainers getting away with racing multiple males/females from the same stallion and mare?

Sat May 29, 2021 3:55 pm
Group 2 winner

Dhughes wrote:
David1uk wrote:

That is supposed to be the rule, but you never hear of any trainer's horses getting scratched for it. So am wondering whether the rule is still being enforced. Are some trainers getting away with racing multiple males/females from the same stallion and mare?

I think those things get checked at the start of the season. Fairly sure some sort of file analysis is done to dig out anything untoward. In SO6 someone got kicked out for manipulating the files.

However, I think it was ascertained that the new breeding mechanic in SO7 made any full brothers or sisters total individuals and not clones as they were in SO6. Therefore meaning it was ok to enter them. Not sure anyone did though or if the rule was actually changed. I have bred some the same and they are totally different from each other so I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be allowed.

Hopefully Gray will see this and make a definite ruling. If you have full brothers/sisters and want to enter them I would suggest sending him the files via email asap so he can see they are different.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Sun May 30, 2021 12:53 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

I don't have full brothers/full sisters because I have been following the rule, I have been checking all my mares before breeding to make sure there are none.

The rule needs to be clarified so it is a level playing field for all trainers. Gray?

Wed Jun 02, 2021 11:38 pm
Group 3 winner

Unfortunately it is still possible to create clones of the same sex.
So only one of each gender per parents rule would work.

Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:26 am
Group 1 winner

Last season it was one of each sex if I recall. It was really done to stop system cloning not breeding cloning so I am not sure what value it offers right now unless we still think we have people hacking code?

Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:50 am
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Last season it was one of each sex if I recall. It was really done to stop system cloning not breeding cloning so I am not sure what value it offers right now unless we still think we have people hacking code?

I doubt there is any means now to "hack" the game, code wise. I could be mistaken but the "hacking" era was before the horse files were made encrypted.
But its still fairly easy to produce the same horse at different ages with different names.

Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:28 am
Group 1 winner

How?

Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:10 am
Group 1 winner

I will leave this to Leon i cant see without the ttf and only being able to have the mare breed one horse a year now being problem. I am sure Frankel covers the same Mare a few times over the breeding seasons.

Gray

Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:54 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 2 winner

I was all for having brothers an sister for the league as I thought the hacking was over. I did accidentally come across a way of having the same horse with different names though, so I'd definitely be against it, just keep things as they are

Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:23 am
Group 3 winner

simpleminds wrote:
I will leave this to Leon i cant see without the ttf and only being able to have the mare breed one horse a year now being problem. I am sure Frankel covers the same Mare a few times over the breeding seasons.

Gray

It still is a problem.
Same horse, different names with different ages, same sex.
Gray, if you want me to elaborate just PM me.

Cheers

Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:56 am
Group 1 winner

Hi Everyone hope everyone is good :D Just reading this and we should keep it simple No full brothers or sisters , its easy think to do is copy the same horse . Lets say u save a game and the 2yo that just entered the game turns out to be a monster then u can always go back and just give it a different name and u would have two of the same horse . Keep it simple and have NO full brother or sisters .

Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:33 am
Group 1 winner

So one of each then. Same lineage different sex?

Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:00 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]