View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 ONLINE LEAGUE VOLUNTEERS WANTED 
Group 1 winner

Post ONLINE LEAGUE VOLUNTEERS WANTED
A bit Early but i need to get things sorted and i need to remove and Clean up Drop Box Below isa a list of people i think are STILL going to do the following Online League Jobs if you are no Longer going to be able to do it PLEASE let me know.

We will need 2 Handicappers And this is a Must i know Vinny did and has offered to do what he did last season but horses in handicaps wasn't Moving up or Down the ratings fast enough and some times was moved up even when down the field WE must have a manual Handicapper before the season Starts and please if you going to Volunteer it's 13 Weeks long and you will need DROP BOX it can be free but space is small so unless you pay £7.99 a month Family you wont be able to Race Run has the Race Videos are large Files.

You can access to see the races and Com and send Coms Via Google Drive or One Drive this can be done with the free Version i am Sure Martin will explain how this can be done because he uses it that way.

The Handicapper can be sent the horse Files Via e-mail from me and return the Adjusted rated horse files back to me to upload back to TOM so he can watch the races on You Tube and again no need for Drop Box so the list below is what i think i have and the Vacant ones is what we need.

Cheers
Gray

Race Runner

1.C Allen CONFIRMED
2.J Sutherland CONFIRMED
3.A Cherrie CONFIRMED
4.D Hooley CONFIRMED
5. L Rensburg CONFIRMED
7. G Clutterbuck (Spare i will do the Hunter Chases and others if short)

Commentators

1. M Leedham
2. L Rensburg (South Africa And Australian Races) CONFIRMED

Handicappers

Flat.Simpleminds ?

NH.Alex CONFIRMED

Last edited by simpleminds on Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:57 am, edited 6 times in total.

Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: ONLINE LEAGUE VOLUNTEERS WANTED
Mark me as TBC. I have lost all interest in the game right now and am not playing it. If I get the bug back and enter a team I will race run.

Josh

Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:54 am
Group 1 winner

Count me in Gray to help out running the races.

I've not played much either. But will have a squad ready for both leagues.

Mark could do with some much needed changes to make it more enjoyable for league players. We have mentioned a lot of additional features which would make playing season after season more fun and less time consuming.

Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:40 pm
Handicapper

I am willing to try the Handicapping, on whichever is needed most, Flat i assume.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:17 am
Group 1 winner

cherzo2015 wrote:
I am willing to try the Handicapping, on whichever is needed most, Flat i assume.

Which ever one you want Alex do you still want to Race Run ?

Gray

Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:23 am
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

simpleminds wrote:
cherzo2015 wrote:

Which ever one you want Alex do you still want to Race Run ?

Gray

Yes i can still race run too.

Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:49 am
Group 2 winner

There's no need for a handicapper on the flat if you take the foreign handicapps out the schedule and move them to British tracks. Last season doing the handicapping, the only marks I had to adjust was every foreign handicap. Keep the GP1 H'capps obviously, but the 0-90's, 0-100s etc, there's just no need for them, against the workload it's creating.

The handicapping being done auto, worked almost perfectly on the flat besides those. We just need someone to mark the maidens then at the start, and after any upload window an the tool can take it from there, with the same system as last season, someone just keeping a watching eye on them. We seem to be creating a lot of work if we want a full time handicapper, that doesn't seem necessary

Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:41 am
Group 2 winner

kniesh wrote:
There's no need for a handicapper on the flat if you take the foreign handicapps out the schedule and move them to British tracks. Last season doing the handicapping, the only marks I had to adjust was every foreign handicap. Keep the GP1 H'capps obviously, but the 0-90's, 0-100s etc, there's just no need for them, against the workload it's creating.

The handicapping being done auto, worked almost perfectly on the flat besides those. We just need someone to mark the maidens then at the start, and after any upload window an the tool can take it from there, with the same system as last season, someone just keeping a watching eye on them. We seem to be creating a lot of work if we want a full time handicapper, that doesn't seem necessary

Sorry Vinny but I disagree with you here. It was far too easy for horses to run up a sequence and remain in a lower class after winning last season. Similarly it was almost impossible to drop a class if you were even remotely consistent.

It may not have appeared a problem to the group trainers but it was most definitely a problem at the lower end. Please compare the season ending marks for some stables horses to previous seasons and you will see what I mean.

The main issue was that they weren't going up or down enough. The decision to move them up or down may have been right but horses weren't moving up or down the handicap by enough. Raises of 2 or 3 pounds needed to be 4 or 6 or maybe even more. It was too easy to stay in the same grade or too hard to get dropped in grade if you needed to.

Maybe the auto handicapping could be used as a base and then adjusted ie drops or increases doubled or something.

Last season was pretty much a write off for some of us lower end trainers. It was my least enjoyable season since starting as, on the flat especially, I only have handicappers. You can tell by looking at the season totals for some trainers, and indeed horses, that the ratings were way off. Consistency was punished.

If auto handicapping stays then I am afraid I will not be entering a team as windmill tilting would be out and it would be foolish for a handicap trainer to ever enter a group race. Also the only way to ensure a good season for a handicap trainer would be to deliberately aim for a low mark in weeks one and two which would then be pretty much guaranteed for the season. I for one would not be comfortable doing that.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:35 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

When is the league starting ?

Mon May 24, 2021 7:48 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
When is the league starting ?

End Of June If we get enough Volunteers Stu

Gray

Mon May 24, 2021 9:47 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

I'm happy to run races again this season

Sat May 29, 2021 12:59 pm
Group 1 winner

Confirmed to race run. But early season, depending on start maybe difficult have family commitments

Mon Jun 14, 2021 12:54 pm
Group 1 winner

simpleminds wrote:
A bit Early but i need to get things sorted and i need to remove and Clean up Drop Box Below isa a list of people i think are STILL going to do the following Online League Jobs if you are no Longer going to be able to do it PLEASE let me know.

We will need 2 Handicappers And this is a Must i know Vinny did and has offered to do what he did last season but horses in handicaps wasn't Moving up or Down the ratings fast enough and some times was moved up even when down the field WE must have a manual Handicapper before the season Starts and please if you going to Volunteer it's 13 Weeks long and you will need DROP BOX it can be free but space is small so unless you pay £7.99 a month Family you wont be able to Race Run has the Race Videos are large Files.

You can access to see the races and Com and send Coms Via Google Drive or One Drive this can be done with the free Version i am Sure Martin will explain how this can be done because he uses it that way.

The Handicapper can be sent the horse Files Via e-mail from me and return the Adjusted rated horse files back to me to upload back to TOM so he can watch the races on You Tube and again no need for Drop Box so the list below is what i think i have and the Vacant ones is what we need.

Cheers
Gray

Race Runner

1.C Allen CONFIRMED
2.J Sutherland CONFIRMED
3.A Cherrie CONFIRMED
4.D Hooley CONFIRMED
5. L Rensburg CONFIRMED
7. G Clutterbuck (Spare i will do the Hunter Chases and others if short)

Commentators

1. M Leedham
2. L Rensburg (South Africa And Australian Races) CONFIRMED

Handicappers

Flat.

NH.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 3:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

I will do handicapping for both code.

Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:21 pm
Group 1 winner

If we dont get a Flat Handicapper i will do it but we need some Commentators Guys.

Gray

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next