View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Commentating Season 3 
Group 2 winner

Post Commentating Season 3
It is probably time to make my position clear on the commentating for next season. I had initially decided to hang up the microphone and call it a day as things have not really been the same since S07 started and the departures of Doug and Stu have made things less enjoyable from this side of the mic as we worked well together. The additions of Nick and both Ryan's were much appreciated but sadly they did not stay long.

However, the fact that I actually enjoy it and am currently working from home added to the persuasive comments from Mr Clutterbuck have made me reconsider.

It is though going to be impossible for me and Leon to do it all and we will either need some help or a huge sway of races will be released without commentary.

With that in mind, and seeing that Leon has declared himself for Australia and South Africa I propose the following and hope some people will step up now as there is time to have a practice at the trials meetings.

On the flat:

I will commit to doing the main UK, Irish, French and US meetings but would like a volunteer or volunteers to be the second string and maybe do 2 or 3 races a day from one of the lesser meetings to break up the continuous voice.

It would be good if someone volunteered to be the voice of the UK AW meetings in the same way Leon has taken the Australian and South African. If someone wanted to commit to the US racing that would be another good option.

On the NH:

As with the flat I will commit to doing the main meetings but will need a second and maybe a third person to help out as having the same voice for a whole day will become even more monotonous due to the length of the NH races. It would also be good if someone wanted to becoming the voice of the Hunter Chase series in the way that Stu used to do it with his own little championship.

If anyone is interested or has any questions give me a shout. The software we use is free and the built in mic on most laptops is strong enough so you don't even need to buy a mic. Also the free version of dropbox is sufficient for commentary so there is no need to pay for that either. Gray can set you up an individual folder which can have just your races in it so it won't be too large. The recorded commentaries can also be sent via one drive google drive or in zipped files via email.

I should also point out that my participation is reliant on there being a proper handicapper in place as if we have no handicapper I will not be entering next season.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]