View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 FINAL TRIALS DAY and ONLINE LEAGUE INFO 
Group 1 winner

Post FINAL TRIALS DAY and ONLINE LEAGUE INFO
We will have a Finals Trials Day entries to be in by JULY 16TH so the new Handicappers can have a look at Handicapping the horses I will allow two Nom's each Trainer so we get Big Fields up to 30 Runners if Possible ASCOT will ran the Trials if i get more than 30 i will ballot after each trainer got 1 runner by Alphabetical Horse Name so state your 1st and 2nd Choice Runner.

Races are Below on the NEW LEAGUE season will start Middle of August Friday 13th or 20th 5pm UK will be First weeks Declarations.

ASCOT GONG FLAT GOOD - NH SOFT

RACE 1 - 2Mile Hurdle 5UP

RACE 2 - 1Mile 3YO

RACE 3 - 2Mile Chase 5UP

RACE 4 - 1Mile 2YO

RACE 5 - 3Mile Hurdle 5UP

RACE 6 - 1Mile 4F 4UP

RACE 7 - 3Mile Chase

RACE 8 - 2Mile Flat 4UP

Gray

Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:08 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: FINAL TRIALS DAY and ONLINE LEAGUE INFO
Suppose I should find out how bad they are:

Dominion Of Darkness 9yo - Returning horse who never really showed his trial form in the league, single G2H win, and I have concerns that his style does not suit. Here on trial merit which likely does not bode well for the calibre of my 2m hurdlers.

RACE 2 - 1Mile 3YO

Man Of Magic - Bred towards the end of the last league season, best 1m 3yo at my disposal, unlikely to make the grade and almost certainly a backwards step from last season.

RACE 3 - 2Mile Chase 5UP

The Magician 9yo - Another returning horse, but this time with good form 4 totals win, three at G1 including the Queen Mother Chase. But don't getting too concerned she is a lesser horse now at 9yo. Here mostly as I have not played enough to find better.

RACE 4 - 1Mile 2YO

Madeline - Recently bred and off the back of my two year trials I had high hopes, but this is the only age that she shows any sort of form, and that likely underlines how bad my 2yo's are going to be.

By Royal Decree - Hmm something of a theme......yes another returning horse, though to be fair I have two that look as good if not better I am holding back. Won 5 races last year including one G2 and the G1 Albert Bartlett. Largely here on merit.

RACE 6 - 1Mile 4F 4UP

Mix of Intrigue - A newly bred lad who is a certainty to make the team since I will not likely do anymore flat breeding from now. More likely to enter the league as a 3yo. Unlikely to trouble the older combined game types.

RACE 7 - 3Mile Chase

Amazing Grace 9yo - Absolute league monster last season and the best horse I have ever had, 9 wins from 12, 4xG1 and 2xG2 undefeated in the last 6 weeks.......and considerably worse as a nine year old, so ignore all that :) Will make the team on past form, shame cannot ever produce a good foal.

RACE 8 - 2Mile Flat 4U

The Belle Ringer - There is a small hint of 'Belladona' in this line as the name suggests, class above the rest of my 2m horses, will make the team.

File will be sent shortly.

Josh

Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:00 pm
Group 1 winner

I've done 3 seasons since the season ended in February. I will be uploading some of my horses which I was breeding while playing the game throughout last season.

Cannot be bothered to play the game anymore.

The features which needed to be added for the league wasn't implemented by Mark. Multiple breeding to a stallion, tick all for giving permission to breed with your stallions to name a few.

The game just becomes so tedious.

Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:23 pm
Group 1 winner

Hemz wrote:
I've done 3 seasons since the season ended in February. I will be uploading some of my horses which I was breeding while playing the game throughout last season.

The features which needed to be added for the league wasn't implemented by Mark. Multiple breeding to a stallion, tick all for giving permission to breed with your stallions to name a few.

Got nothing to put in these trials so will wait for the league , what killed the game for me is the bias towards the combined game. I've had no energy to play the game because u cant breed full flat horses and it ruined my enjoyment .

Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:24 pm
Group 1 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Hemz wrote:

Got nothing to put in these trials so will wait for the league , what killed the game for me is the bias towards the combined game. I've had no energy to play the game because u cant breed full flat horses and it ruined my enjoyment .

It's a real shame to be honest. Mark could have streamlined the game to be much better for people who play for the league.

After 100s of seasons it just becomes a chore and and the repetitive nature with breeding single pairings instead of choosing 1 stallion to cover multiple mares would have made the that side of the game much better imo.

There is some flaws with a flat only game not been able to compete on an even level with combined older horses. Even though we did see some 3yos beat they elders last season, this was a rare occurrence.

Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:09 pm
Group 1 winner

I echo the sentiments of both. There certainly needs to be more automated ways to schedule breeding and since the single player game is so easy and the league side becoming so tedious I have also really not played much at all.

I have been tinkering around with new flat games, it took me 8 seasons to find full potential 3yo horses in a US game, never found one in 82 seasons in australia so there are clearly issues in the game types and countries, but I think the flaw is not so much the advantage of the combined game, more that the lack of information makes the whole process guess work and luck as we cannot work out why. I know some of you don't agree but removing the bars etc just made it all about time spent and luck of the draw which is why it is so bloody tedious. And amusingly most of those who pushed so hard for the changes stopped playing when they arrived.

I am 99% sure the reason my aussie flat horses can compete regardless of not having full potential is that they have high cruising burst, just as I am sure my full potential US flat horses, who are soundly beaten by them, don't. I just cannot prove it. I think the advantage of combined is that all these elements are in one breeding pool, including the longer maturity cycle from the NH side, this is just not true for the single play flat games and so they are at a huge disadvantage, and what we are seeing is just lazy coding as the same traits have ported over from SO6, potential was always better in the US and you always found cruising burst in Australia, you can just no longer export and mix to make the best of both unless you play combined.

Josh

Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:19 am
Group 3 winner

U spot on Josh, the combined game has all the ingredients u just have to mix and match between the flat horses and jump horses where u cant do that in a single game. I know it's not League related but if u just play the game as a game then the one thing that would do my head in is u only have a jump horses at its best for 1 year. It's either going up or down the potential bar, I think a horse should have around 3 years at the same potential.

Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:54 am
Group 1 winner

My Team for he final trials.

Sure Shanghai - Sierra Messiah
I'm sure they need further than 2m but will take there chances here. Not breed anything of note which stands out over this distance, Mr Hooley I'm sure will have some real monsters this season.

RACE 2 - 1Mile 3YO
Acapulco Palladio - Everlasting Kiss
Both of these 3yos are by my G1 winning 3yo filly Grovey Project from last season. It's been a hard decision to pick 2 out I seem to have some really good ones at home which some at more favorable on certain surfaces. Both love Ascot and expect good runs by either of them.

RACE 3 - 2Mile Chase 5UP
Seltos - Alphine Hideaway
Not sure what to expect here. Seltos seem consistent around here. Alphine Hideaway is more of a Cheltenham horse and needs a stiff uphill finish.

RACE 4 - 1Mile 2YO
Zafzalla - Onslaught
My 1st string looks to have a touch of class about her. A good marker for me from last season (Sequel Eclipse) these 2 can beat her. Still inconsistent though.

Such A Creep - Stadium Arcadium
Not sure my 3mH are up to much. Struggled in the pass to improve them, nothing has changed since.

RACE 6 - 1Mile 4F 4UP
Global Sale - Firth Zetkin
Global Sale is held in such high regards at home and what she's done in my trials in the past. Wish I could have the time and effort to get some bloodlines from her for the racetrack. Firth Zetkin seems to pop up now and again but she is a quirky sort.

RACE 7 - 3Mile Chase
Insatiable Forest - Time To Shine
Both I really like a lot. Looking forward to seeing how they get on this season. I did improve my 3mC while playing the game last season. One of my 2m5fC could be a really good one next season called Mayday Mayday.

RACE 8 - 2Mile Flat 4UP
Uni Lite - Chipie Grande
I have a soft spot for Uni Lite as a 3yo and he won his previous trials race very well. He beats Trojan Attack who won last seasons St Leger very easily at home, another 3yo stayer I have at home is Ray Bandz who is a class act. I want to try him as a 4yo which is probably not ideal against the 6/7yo stayers. Chipie Grande is a consistent mare.

Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:58 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
would do my head in is u only have a jump horses at its best for 1 year. It's either going up or down the potential bar, I think a horse should have around 3 years at the same potential.

This is mostly true. Everything is centred around their 8yo season, though I do have G1 winners at 7yo and the odd one at 6yo they are still on the incline. But I have kind of solved this and have a few lines now that hold potential until they are 10yo. They seem to be at their best at 9yo, ‘Dominion of Darkness’ is one such horse. But it is very hit and miss and does not pass on with much consistency in breeding.

Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:00 pm
Group 1 winner

SENT

RACE 1 - 2Mile Hurdle 5UP - Carleetah Negra & Duke Of Finnsbury
RACE 2 - 1Mile 3YO - Fight For Your Life & North Pier
RACE 3 - 2Mile Chase 5UP - Rule The Seas & Lions Raw
RACE 4 - 1Mile 2YO - Torrenchial & Hair Razin
RACE 8 - 2Mile Flat 4UP - Viva Cadiz 

Thanks lads

Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:39 pm
Profile WWW