View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 STABLE TOURS AUTUMN 2021 
Group 1 winner

Post STABLE TOURS AUTUMN 2021
Welcome To Pontypool Racing.

NH TEAM.
After as fairly moderate Season last year the Stable has been rebuilding the National Hunt side of Racing and have some promising horses for the season the stable houses 26 horses with the look to secure further horses to build towards 30 by Mid Season.

BELMORE STONE
Good to see the return of Belmore Stone his Jumping has not improved with age but retains his ability second in the punchestown Gold Cup and winner of Grade 2 and 3 Chases which leads him with a 164 Rating Chaser who will head towards Percy Warner Park in Week 1 for the Grade 1 THE IROQUOIS CHASE in the USA he will set a fast Pace and blow the cobwebs away and are hopeful of picking up wins through the season.

BALTIC DRAGOON
A Smart Looking 2m Hurdler and the team will know if the stable has improved by the way this hurdler performs in the first weeks of Racing performs better on a softer surface but very verastile.

WITCHES COVEN
HUrdler/Chaser Looks like the best horse in the Stable and perform well in both types of the NH Code Hurdles form in the trials looked better than his Chase trials but finished top of both so could be the NH Star in the Stable.

LAWN TENNIS
Ran twice in the Summer Trials winning the second Trial a Handicapp chase of a low weight likes Good ground so will show his Ability on the sounder surface should be able to perform in the top races This season.

I DO I DO I DO I DO I DO
Return stable favourite who give the commentator Stu Grey lots of pain in commentary when last seen is a Dodgy jumper but performs well over extremes distance and is on a workable handicap Mark Moores Millions contender and looks better with age and the national might be on the agenda has it seems he wants further with age.

NH HORSE TO WATCH FOR - WITCHES COVEN

FLAT TEAM.
Pontypool Racing had a poor flat season and rebuilding the team we have gone down the older horse route for this seasons Flat campaign with only 4 2YO and 2 3YO in the stable and only 1 Retrurning horse. Means the stable has no idea how it will perform this season. Only 20 horse boxes are Full so room for 5 more horses to appear in mid Season.

SILK DRESS
Looks like a nice 2yo who performs well over 1m 2f and Nurseries look like the best the stable will get winners with its four 2yo this Season.

DIARSHANA SISTER
Winner in the 2m 4F Trial race Makes this the Stables best chance of A Group winner on The level Had Pauls Stayer behind on his trials day he will come early from off the Pace with the return of the Master Gold Cup Trainer Morgan makes it alot harder to win at this distance this season than it would of been.

PRISCILLA ASSERTIVE
Done well in his first trial when third stable second string over the Classic Distance will take a chance at Dubai in Week 1 it will let me know what i can expect from the other middle distance Horses.

COURT MINSTREL
Only Returning Horse and at 8yo will do well to win but i wanted him to return has he comes from the same Game has Sinn Script who Failed to make the team and is still good enough to mix it with my 1m 2f Horses.

FLAT HORSE TO WATCH FOR - DRAGON QUEEN

Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:05 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: STABLE TOURS AUTUMN 2021
Got a bigger squad for the flat this season but most of them are fun 3yo h'cappers. :D

Cover Mio - Won last seasons Prix Cadran and will be aimed at the top 2m4 races again , should run well without be good enough to win one this year.

Dandera- My big Gold Cup hope, she is a super Mare who would be outstanding if only i could get my flat horses to have full potential. At some stage these combined horses will get a advantage because of getting full potential .She Will go down fighting :D

Be Here- Decent two miler that will also struggle against the combined horses. Should run some nice races.

Generous Nurdle should be my best 3yo horse and if good enough might go for the Kentucky Derby , my other 3yo's will be just decent H'cappers after being so long away from playing my game.

My Jump horses use to be good but are probably going backwards, i do fall out of love playing the game but hopefully 1 or 2 will be decent .My two milers use to be a strength but not been that impressed in my trials. Time will tell where they end up. Perhaps i will get some better ones in the window if i get the time to play.

Harry Topper- Perhaps my best but certainly my Fav chaser , loves to front run and will be aimed at those 3m5 french races.

I think my 4m horses Truckers Darling- Over The Road are better than my 4m4 horses , sadly no big races for them to run in.

Not Broke Yet should be my best 2 miler but thats not hard because the rest looked hit and miss in my trials.

Happy Diva looked my best 2m4 horse but this division has been hit and miss for the last few seasons, some seasons good and other less so.

Viking Scene looked good at 3miles but im not convinced by this division , not improved this group for a year or two now. Just going around in circles .Just noticed i put her in as a novice , a rookie error :lol: :roll:

Shannon Rose look good in my trials at the Gold Cup distance but i've been weak in this division all SO7 and i cant see that changing. :cry:

All in All not impressed by my jumpers any more . They are more like English trained runners in real life than the mighty irish horses. :lol: I ran these trials over 6 weeks ago and i've not run any races since the game was changed so god knows if its changed them :lol: Oh well it is what it is. 8)

Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
I ran these trials over 6 weeks ago and i've not run any races since the game was changed so god knows if its changed them :lol: Oh well it is what it is.

I am in the same boat and the simple answer is it has. I have done a flat trial in the last few days and there are horses who were once stars who now could not win a donkey derby. There also seems to be those who consistently get injured trial after trial after trial. My jumpers will be effected by this, but with no time to change.

The game is a bit of a shit show really.

Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:53 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Quote:
I ran these trials over 6 weeks ago and i've not run any races since the game was changed so god knows if its changed them :lol: Oh well it is what it is.

I am in the same boat and the simple answer is it has. I have done a flat trial in the last few days and there are horses who were once stars who now could not win a donkey derby. There also seems to be those who consistently get injured trial after trial after trial. My jumpers will be effected by this, but with no time to change.

Oh well i'll know if they perform poorly why that is. Will have to run some races before the 6th week window.

Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:33 pm
Handicapper

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Githyanki wrote:
Quote:

Oh well i'll know if they perform poorly why that is. Will have to run some races before the 6th week window.

Just ran a few flat trials to check and there doesn't appear to have been any major changes to my trial results.

Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Havent noticed much difference either in my trial results

Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:15 am
Handicapper

Edgebury Horse was my best miler and it won it's trial race at Ascot.
After the change I ran 30 trial races and it finally managed to finish 3rd in its last race.
Needless to say it's not in my squad.
Everything else seemed much the same as before.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:45 am
Group 3 winner

Just ran my best/fav horse in his races and he doesn't seem s good as he was :cry:

Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:03 pm
Group 1 winner

For the most part it is the same, but some horses seem to have been seriously effected and turned into donkeys, others seem to have gotten better, nothing I can see to tell why. Flying blind on the NH as I did them ages ago.

Fri Sep 10, 2021 3:40 pm
Group 1 winner

Flat Team

Have hardly played my flat game, indeed I have hardly played the game at all after the rather toxic atmosphere of last season. What time I did spend on flat was in a new US game, which despite reaching full potential in my breeding I have yet to strike upon that magic trial gene and the horses exported are light years behind my older Australian flat game. So this team has been assembled after only 3 seasons of rather hasty play and horses who were not good enough last season. I doubt I have anything much to shout about. Handicappers is my expectation and 15 wins all season would probably be a very successful year.

2YO

Duck Hunter

Decent filly whose breeding connects to team horses from last season. Cannot breed sprinters for the life of me right now, but she is one of the few who might have half decent league prospects. Stand out at trials from 5f to 7f. 0-110 Handicapper.

Martine

Breed in the last three seasons and one of the few rays of sunshine. Range between 7f and 1m and she will challenge my other 1m filly. Breeding is all from stud horses, but can be traced back to Kentucky Derby winner ‘The Drunken Duck’ from last season. 0-110 Handicapper.

3YO

Man Of Magic

The best of my 1m colts, consistent at trial and has been on the team sheets for some time, was likely breed as last season wound down and before I put the game down. Unlikely to seriously challenge the top tier, but might make up the running in Group class. 0-110 Handicapper to G3.

Enough Is Enough

Really old horse, who breeding hails from two successful league horses from last season, Sire ‘Legendary Pirate’ won at G1. Probably the pick of my 3yo horses and could be good enough to at least be in the running at group level. 0-110 Handicapper to G2.

Bella Brandy

Another who came out of the last three seasons and as the name suggests can trace her breeding back to multi G1 winner ‘Belladona’ though now several generations removed. Tops my trials but I am not sure if she will be up to snuff against the top tier. Probably my favourite flat horse for this season. Group class.

4YO

Sealed His Fate

Only one of my 4yo’s who is worth a mention, since they will always be outgunned by the older horses from the combined game trainers. But she could mix it with some of them and is light years ahead of the rest of mine at trial. Group class.

Jump Team

Again very little time has been spent playing my Jump game, though the league delay did afford me the chance to blitz through around 5 seasons. This is probably going to be the worst team I have entered and I have no aspirations of challenging for any titles. 25-30 wins would be a very decent showing I think. Not convinced my interest is going to hold for another season.

2m Hurdlers

Dominion Of Darkness

When your best 2m hurdler is a largely failed horse from last season then you know your in trouble, though I do have some reasons to suspect he is a little better as a 9yo. But I doubt he will be anything much to worry about for the top tier. His run style has never suited the league, always switches off from good positions and never really gets going again. Low level graded class.

Event Horizon

The pick of my novice hurdlers, though he is basically a copy of Dominion of Darkness above, he has all the same flaws and probably the same prospects. Low level graded class.

2.4m Hurdlers

Angel or Demon

Another returning horse who again remains my top 2.4m hurdler and who again hardly set the league alight last season. I also have no reason to think this line will have gotten better with age. Low level graded class.

New World Horizon

None of the novices merit a mention, but this chap who is my second rated horse at this distance does simply because he is a front runner and that style usually does well in the league. Uber consistent sort too, but likely to get caught more often than not. Low level graded class.

3m Hurdlers

Empress Of The World

Historically I have always done well at this distance, but like the rest of my hurdlers, I have stood still or gone backwards. Was breed recently in the last 5 season league push, and she is a long way ahead of most of my other trial sheet horses. Could be a surprise package depending on how much everyone else has improved. Graded Class.

Atonement

Very similar breeding to Empress of the world above, though largely as I only have one breeding stud 3m hurdler right now. Again could be an interesting league prospect and there is not a huge margin between them. Will depend how others have improved and if she ducks the best of them by coming in as a novice. Graded Class.

2m Chasers

The King

Historically a real area of strength, but whilst it is a bit of a factory production line where I breed good horses season after season, there is very little improvement and nothing between about 10-12 who all feature on the trial sheets. Any of them could have made the team and likely had the same level of success. Needless to say they are all front runners too. He is the pick though and might be a G1 challenger. Graded Class

The Glider

Nothing much to split her from her stable mate above, being a novice and a mare could likely lead to a more successful season. Front running sort and probably also competitive a G1 level. Graded Class.

2.4m Chasers

The Overlord

An area I was weakest last season and thus where most of my attention has been in the few seasons I have played. Sired by ‘The King’ he sets a new standard for my 2.4m chasers and is one of three recently bred for whom I have reasonably high hopes, could be a G1 contender. Graded Class

The Long Pause

Also sired by ‘The King’ and the only horse to really be able to challenge her stablemate above. Her novice status and the fact she is a mare could also help her success rate. Hopes are quite high for her also. Some of the other 2.4m chasers in the team should also have decent prospects, it is maybe going to be my strongest area. Graded Class

3m Chasers

Dawn Of The Warrior

Have not really worked this chap out, and my 3m chasers are almost certainly in decline. Ranges from 3m up to 3.5m so gives me options, but he is no G.I Joe and I have no real hopes of G1 glory with him. Low level graded class.

Master of Shadows

Limited to 3m for the most part, though that suits his entry as a novice for the RSA. But he is no ‘Amazing Grace’ but should be G1 level competitive. Graded Class.

4m Chasers

National Nightmare

Real long stayer, though he also fares well enough down to about 3.4m shows his true colours at 4.4m. Front runner too which normally suits the league. Expect him to be G1 class, but probably weighted out of the GN by the time we get to it.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:54 pm
Group 2 winner

Flat Team

Completely changed things up and started again from scratch with a combined game. Unfortunately I think it's left me in limbo with not enough quality in either code now

Older Horses

Arlington Swinger - 7yo from the new game. Looks a decent 1m2 horse compared to my last season crop. Runs very handy so could be suited by some of the dirt races but not expecting to challenge too many of the big boys

Bakersfield Accelerate - 7yo from new game. Not sure on her best trip, it may end up as 1m6/7, struggled a bit in a couple of 2m trials races, but is better than she showed there hopefully

Fresno Warning - 7yo from new game - Very much a good miler at home, only problem is all my previous milers weren't great so may not be as good as I think

Houston Energy - 7yo sprinter from new game - Not as good as my previous sprinters, but not far off, and running style means it's my horse for the Everest if I can get it in

Houston Obsessive - 7yo 2miler from the new game. Likely to be my best hope from the new game. Has run 2nd in all 3 trials it's ran I think, including off top weight in the handicapped one. Front runner who's tough to catch

Ozark Squeak - 7yo sprinter - Very versatile, but probably better over the 6f races. Likely to be heading to the Everest also

SJ Brilliance - 7yo Middle Distance from new game. By far my most impressive horse back home over all distances. However not sure if it will be good enough in league as I was a fair bit behind at these distances. Starting off over 1m2 in the Dubai World Cup, but may well end up better over 1m4

San Jose About - 7yo from new game, stayer. - Looks a very smart Gold Cup horse, however another distance I was a bit behind the top horses in so may not be good enough

San Jose Water - 7yo from new game. Same as above. Not quite as good as About, but very closely matched back home

Tampa Bay General - 6yo from new game - Very much a 2m2 horse. Wont be many races for it, but will have a chance from the front of races

3yos

Enping Dominatrix - 3yo Filly from old sprint game. Very much in the mould of my previous seasons sprinters. Not suited by having to come from miles back, but will be finishing as well as anything. Very much like Xinyi Player

Kyosu Nightmare - 3yo Filly old game. Not very good but I wanted a 3yo miler for the Guineas

Kyuso Nightngale - 3yo Colt, old game. Very much the same as above, wont bother the good ones

Lechang Liberation - 3yo sprinter from old game. Not a flashy sort but just always seems to accumulate points in the trials. Don't know what to expect from her, but could be a surprise as consistent

Osaka Play - 3yo Colt from old game. Only back because it was such a good 2yo in the league last year. Does well over 1m an 1m1 at home against my other 3yos an league proven so took a gamble.

Santa Monica Emerald - 3yo from old game. Very consistent in the trials without winning many. Took a gamble but not expecting very much

Shenyang Cuddles - 3yo 5f horse, from old sprint game. Likely to be my best sprint chance this season. Got it in my final season played before the season start. Really hopeful on this one even though it's a very hot distance

Wuhu Blofeld - 3yo 5f horse from old game. Got this the same season as Cuddles. Very little between them, Cuddles is better when it wins, but Blofeld a lot more consistent, should be thereabouts in it's races

Yantai Escepades - 3yo sprinter from old game - Not quite as good as the above, but accumulates points in trials so gets in. Likely not a superstar

2yos

Bronz Kavegirl - from the old games. Had decent 2yo's last year an she's as good. Will need a strong pace to compete though.

Fuquan Beaver - Old sprint game. Better than Wuxi Tales who cleared up 6 from 7 top 5f races last season so should be thereabouts.

Lanzhou Pilgrim - Old sprint game. Very good over 6 an 7. Might be useful if I can get it in the right races, but could end up too slow for 6f races in the league an not stay enough for 7f

Miyoshi Electric - Old 1m game. Very much an improvement on her Sire (Osaka Play). so should run decent races, but has struggled in a trial so who knows.

Seattle Caprice - Old game. 1m2 horse who looks very good in my trials, however, not sure my lot up to much so who knows

Tangshan Train - Very much my favourite 2yo I've uploaded. Could do well in the 6f races, but does need a fast pace.

Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]