View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 CHANGING HORSE FILES 
Group 1 winner

Post CHANGING HORSE FILES
Please DO NOT alter horse files the game pick up changes to these files and the original NAME and AGE of the horse are still in the horse files we have had two trainers who have altered the horse file's one renaming horse file is New and didn't know the rule and has been told and dealt with. The other should know better you can't change the age Manually it causes problems with in the text File and On Tom we have these checks in Place for a reason.

Gray

Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:43 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 1 winner

Post Re: CHANGING HORSE FILES
simpleminds wrote:
The other should know better you can't change the age Manually it causes problems with in the text File and On Tom we have these checks in Place for a reason.

Gray

Kick em out..... :lol:

Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:56 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
simpleminds wrote:
The other should know better you can't change the age Manually it causes problems with in the text File and On Tom we have these checks in Place for a reason.

Gray

Kick em out..... :lol:

The trainer that should know better should be barred.
How pathetic!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:00 am
Group 2 winner

A new trainer changing the name of his horse is innocent enough as the rule may not be known to them and it fundamentally changes nothing nor gives any advantage. Therefore if the person involved has been informed then that should be the end of it.

However, changing the age of a horse is a different matter altogether. This is done for one reason and one reason alone and that is to cheat. Either by taking advantage of weight for age or by running a more developed horse against younger horses in age specific races.

We have no limits on ages, you can upload 25 2yo if you want … so there is no excuse. This has been done intentionally and with malice aforethought and the trainer involved should be dealt with in the same way as other cheats have been dealt with in the past.

Pretty sad end to what had been a promising week as the races had all seemed pretty competitive and there was plenty of enthusiasm around. Lets hope this doesn't dampen it.

These incidents are not going to help us bring in new players and we must make it clear that the two incidents here are poles apart in severity. One a genuine mistake by a new player, the other a deliberate attempt to manipulate the game. I hope the former has not been made to feel bad but just been informed of the rules. The latter needs no such consideration.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:15 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I don't think either was malicious but it was extremely time consuming and annoying for me to go through the text files to find the issues so that files could be processed, especially as work is quite pressurised at present.

The 6 horses in question will probably need to be manually retired as that is the easiest option to resolve the issue without creating any other database issues.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:15 pm
Group 2 winner

leonvr wrote:
I don't think either was malicious but it was extremely time consuming and annoying for me to go through the text files to find the issues so that files could be processed, especially as work is quite pressurised at present.

The 6 horses in question will probably need to be manually retired as that is the easiest option to resolve the issue without creating any other database issues.

How is changing a horses age not malicious !!

Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:47 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Hi,

Apologies if one of my horses is the issue.

I tried to load Collette's Poker but it didn't accept the file, so i took out the ' and it loaded ok.

i'll know for again not to name anything with an apostrophe.

Feel free to retire her for good, went from 3rd in a trials day to diddly squat now.

Apologies

Connor

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:24 pm
Group 1 winner

CDJ LIggett wrote:
Hi,

Apologies if one of my horses is the issue.

I tried to load Collette's Poker but it didn't accept the file, so i took out the ' and it loaded ok.

i'll know for again not to name anything with an apostrophe.

Feel free to retire her for good, went from 3rd in a trials day to diddly squat now.

Apologies

Connor

I figured that is what happened to your horse as I had a similar thing happen back in SO6 - it's fine in single player but for what ever reason TOM or whatever doesn't recognise the '.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:27 pm
Group 1 winner

It's the text file the game produces after the race that is the issue. The file gets parsed on quotes as it is the only way to do it and if there is an extra quote the file can't be parsed as the fields get all messed up.

Renaming the horse file in any way makes no difference to the internal data of the horse file as that cant be changed. SO the details in teh horse file then no longer match what is in the database.

Basically don't change the horse files as it will get picked up

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:33 pm
Group 1 winner

Those things can be a pain if u dont change the name, i had Denderas mum down to go in my team and it took me a while to work out why it wasn't loading onto Tom and i only worked it out when i looked at her in game. Why would u change the age , that would be very naughty . :roll:

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:42 pm
Handicapper

Good Evening Guys,

first of all i have apologized to Gray and Leon.
Im now going to apologize to the whole of the online league community, its okay if you dont accept my apology.

Now im going to explain myself...

I changed the age thinking it would change the game file so it would be quicker but obviously that wasn't the case, i did not intend to cheat or damage the game in any way or shape.

I did not put any horse last week in a race they weren't suppose to be in or never was going too.

I also lost some horse files of the older horses and also why i changed to see if that would work. I had very little horses to put in the league so i thought if the age changed the game file too they could be eligible to race

I will learn for my mistakes and i wont ever try do this again. I hope you can forgive me for this error.

if people dont want me in the league anymore thats okay i will go

Apologies

Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:24 pm
Group 1 winner

Learn from u mistakes and move on life's way to short. On to week 2. :D

Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:23 pm
Group 1 winner

These things happen folks. I for one want you in the league Ryan.

Let's put this behind us and move on. Let's all have a fun season ahead.

Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:35 pm
Group 2 winner

jockeyryan321 wrote:
Good Evening Guys,

first of all i have apologized to Gray and Leon.
Im now going to apologize to the whole of the online league community, its okay if you dont accept my apology.

Now im going to explain myself...

I changed the age thinking it would change the game file so it would be quicker but obviously that wasn't the case, i did not intend to cheat or damage the game in any way or shape.

I did not put any horse last week in a race they weren't suppose to be in or never was going too.

I also lost some horse files of the older horses and also why i changed to see if that would work. I had very little horses to put in the league so i thought if the age changed the game file too they could be eligible to race

I will learn for my mistakes and i wont ever try do this again. I hope you can forgive me for this error.

if people dont want me in the league anymore thats okay i will go

Apologies

Well done Ryan for coming out and explaining what happened. With the horses in question now removed I see no need for any more discussion.

Also I think it is a good sign that this issue has been dealt with quickly and sensibly without turning it into a drama so thanks to Gray also. Lets hope this is the way all incidents will be dealt with from now on.

Enjoy the rest of the season Ryan.

Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:07 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

We all make mistakes Ryan good to hold your hands up & your explanation shows that the intention was not
to cheat. Therefore everyone should accept your apology and move on.

On a positive note great that the software picks this sort of thing up shows that it is and has been a clean
league for many years now.

Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:24 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]