View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:44 pm

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Bring Back Hidden Bars in LEAGUE MODE 

Poll ended at Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:12 pm
Yes 77%  77%  [ 17 ]
No 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 22

Group 3 winner

Post Re: Bring Back Hidden Bars in LEAGUE MODE
I find it so funny that the people who hated the breeding in SO6 now want it back, sometimes u couldn't make these things up. Good luck to the people who play a flat only game, u'll have no chance to compete against the mighty( could say another word for it) combined game. So Mark could open the game up easily and yet he can't fix the problems the game and league has, Sorry Mark that is very poor.

Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:10 pm
Handicapper

I think the main problem with the game and the biggest barrier to newbies joining and sticking around is the huge variation of results from game to trialing in the CK. if mark was able to make game form translate to ck form it would get rid of a lot of problems of people getting bored of the game also, as people will get attached to their really good in game horses more as right now if you get a really good in game horse it may be terrible in the ck. not sure how easy a fix this would be but it would be a pretty big improvement.

Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Big surprise. I voted yes on Proposition C the Bars.

Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:49 pm
Group 3 winner

Why not close the poll now, the league has spoken and want the bars back plus I want to know what bars Dendera had. :D

Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:15 pm
Handicapper

ghosty wrote:
Why not close the poll now, the league has spoken and want the bars back plus I want to know what bars Dendera had. :D

I count, 6 yes and 4 no from the verified comments. Overwhelming no if restart is required.

Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:25 pm
Group 3 winner

Dhughes wrote:
ghosty wrote:

I count, 6 yes and 4 no from the verified comments. Overwhelming no if restart is required.

Gray - Leon -Vinny- Josh- Sirus-Jango - Davy- and I bet Martin - Jim - Steve - Mr Roberts - Craig - Paul have either voted yes or will/would vote to open the game up. A few like James-Alex-Martyn- Kev i'm not sure of but I heard a few other older players would/might comeback as well, there is no doubt we in the minority Dan. Sometimes u know the result before it comes in, as soon as the poll went up I knew which way the wind was blowing. I think it's a backward step back to SO6 but people want it so why wait another week, let's get on with it.

Last edited by ghosty on Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:44 pm
Handicapper

I voted yes but dont mind either way. I am hoping if we bring back bars it will save time trialling as I have hardly played since beginning September as work has gone crazy. As I said I dont mind either way and happy to go with the general consensus

Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:49 pm
Group 3 winner

dit74 wrote:
I voted yes but dont mind either way. I am hoping if we bring back bars it will save time trialling as I have hardly played since beginning September as work has gone crazy. As I said I dont mind either way and happy to go with the general consensus

I'm sorry I called u Mr Roberts, I meant Mr Thompson. :D

Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:23 pm
Group 2 winner

I voted yes.

My reasonings for this are probably partially selfish. For me it is mostly down to the time factor.

Having the green bars speeds the process of deciding which 2yo to keep by at least 50% and means I could probably play 2 seasons in the time I play one.

I play this game as an escape and a stress buster. I actually get more out of the game itself than the league. Tring to breed a Northern Dancer, a Sadlers Wells, a Triptych or a Pebbles. The league is secondary in terms of the actual game. The buzz I get out of the league is pretending to be a commentator !

The return of the green bars is not a backward step. If you read back through the forum it was only ever a trial anyway.

The green bars won't help the elite players any more than it will anyone else. The difference is is will give newcomers more information to work on. For example how many newcomers know the significance of cruising burst.

The TTF was the problem and I can't see anyone ever wishing that back.

I believe SO7 has a lower glass ceiling than SO6 and that dominating 7 is going to be impossible. Look how far ahead Leon was in season 1. He has been caught now. Even Craig has dropped off from last season and Paul and Josh are nowhere near as dominant as they were. Bringing back green bars will not change this.

The breeding will still be as erratic. The CK, RK and in game form will still be miles apart.

And be honest, as John said, who can honestly say they aren't curious to see the bars of their current team !

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:49 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

It needs to be done sooner rather than later because people will need to be playing a league open game and not a normal open game, i cant see any newbies playing but some of the older players might get back on board.

Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:30 pm
Group 1 winner

I voted Yes but not bothered if it gets players back i will be happy. I am happy Kevcon has comeback after missing a season or 2 i want to see some oldies back like Follis and Darren Howells but i think they dropped out because the switch to SO7 and maybe not buying it.

I want to see the bars on a few of my stayers lol to see what i did right :wink: .

Gray

Selfish i am

Tue Nov 02, 2021 5:50 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Handicapper

ghosty wrote:
dit74 wrote:

I have been called worse :lol: :lol:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:30 pm
Group 1 winner

dit74 wrote:
ghosty wrote:
dit74 wrote:

I have been called worse :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Isn't the charm of my comms, that I'm going to get it wrong..... :D

Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:33 pm
Handicapper

I'm sorry I called u Mr Roberts, I meant Mr Thompson. :D[/quote]

I have been called worse :lol: :lol:[/quote]

:lol: :lol: Isn't the charm of my comms, that I'm going to get it wrong..... :D[/quote]

:D Yeah but the pronunciation of my Spanish horses is spot on :lol:

Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:56 pm
Group 1 winner

I Voted Yes just to vote but not too bothered either way I fought some of the changes in the
first place as hiding the bars makes thing hugely difficult for the newcomers I agreed with the
removal of the ttf system this indeed has evened up the league

Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:38 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next