View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Bring Back Hidden Bars in LEAGUE MODE 

Poll ended at Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:12 pm
Yes 77%  77%  [ 17 ]
No 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 22

Handicapper

Post Re: Bring Back Hidden Bars in LEAGUE MODE
ghosty wrote:
Dhughes wrote:
I remember this issue being found before the hidden stats were removed, I think Paul Rhodes found it

Jesus have a word with uself. :roll:

What? so it wasn't paul rhodes, still an issue which was known and discussed on the forum

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:01 am
Group 3 winner

Dhughes wrote:
ghosty wrote:
Dhughes wrote:
I remember this issue being found before the hidden stats were removed, I think Paul Rhodes found it

Jesus have a word with uself. :roll:

What? so it wasn't paul rhodes, still an issue which was known and discussed on the forum

Just shut up, next time I find a major flaw i'll say nothing and then when it gets found out later on and the league goes up in flames i'll just say well I thought u lot knew.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:30 am
Group 1 winner

Relax guys we all want the same thing.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:46 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks John for this. I had no idea you could do this. I have messaged Mark about forcing the patch. Waiting for a reply

Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:51 am
Group 1 winner

hi all just saw this didn't vote but was really interested in the opening of bars i need some info has anyone playing a FLAT only game got a horse thats got over 6 or 7 cruising burst as mine all flatline at 5 5 1/2 ive started a game today on combined and haye 4 8,s already seems to be a problem

Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:36 pm
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
hi all just saw this didn't vote but was really interested in the opening of bars i need some info has anyone playing a FLAT only game got a horse thats got over 6 or 7 cruising burst as mine all flatline at 5 5 1/2 ive started a game today on combined and haye 4 8,s already seems to be a problem

The ck has changed. Now 4 and 5yos will be as good if not better than the older horses even if they don't have full potential. All my cruising burst are 5/ 51/2, and that's in combined

Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:35 pm
Group 1 winner

so both the flat and combined are on an even playing field is that correct?

Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:25 pm
Group 1 winner

It's the whole game itself. It gives horses bred for 1m 5f and up (especially jumpers) high cruising burst numbers much more often than shorter bred horses. The higher the distance the more likely a high cruising burst bar. Cruising burst seems way too powerful compared to the other bars.

Non UK games and are at an extreme disadvantage against horses from a combined game save.

Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:42 pm
Group 1 winner

SiriusChill wrote:
It's the whole game itself. It gives horses bred for 1m 5f and up (especially jumpers) high cruising burst numbers much more often than shorter bred horses. The higher the distance the more likely a high cruising burst bar. Cruising burst seems way too powerful compared to the other bars.

Non UK games and are at an extreme disadvantage against horses from a combined game save.

My Dendera didn't do to bad against the combined horses :D U can soon change that by adding 2 mile races to u US game.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:05 am
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
so both the flat and combined are on an even playing field is that correct?

The poor performance of 4 and 5yos in the ck has been corrected using my horse files. My 3yos and this 4yos were inferior to flat training stable 3 and 4yos so the flat game should be on a level playing field with combined.

SiriusChill wrote:

I have very good staying chasers and staying hurdlers. The highest crusing burst I have is 51/2 and its a sprinter. I have a lot of 90 and some 95% extra speed bars. Hold up horses perform way better in SO7 than SO6 and even better now that the race running has been improved so not sure cruising burst will be all powerful as it was in SO6

Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:08 am
Group 1 winner

I started a new game( just playing for fun) last weekend with my US-OZ schedule and after 3 seasons i breed this horse , the mare was mine and the stallion is a computer horse, not bad speed or cruise :D . It shows it can be done with a non uk game and combined game.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:19 am
Group 1 winner

The highest cruising burst I have in my NH stable is 40%. The highest extra speed is 65%. Most of my best NH horses look utterly dreadful, hardly a high bar anywhere to be seen. Indeed if I was culling on bars right now I would be binning horses who have league wins at G1. Anyone wants pictures of some let me know.

My Aussie flat team who I thought would be high are at around the 45% mark, the best has 55%, speed it better and gets to 90%. My US flat game is about the same average is around 45%, highest is 50%. Speed in the 80% range.

My new six season old Irish combined game already has cruising at 65%, speed is lower. Far too early to be making any judgements right now. And I have not yet decided if I am going to abandon successful lines for a while in a effort to improve the bars. But for me the league is wide open again now people are no longer trying to find a needle in a haystack whilst blindfolded.

Sat Nov 13, 2021 8:06 pm
Group 1 winner

gotta say i agree with john opening the bars was the wrong way to go 5 seasons i bred an 80% cruising and full speed mare pretty easily its tff without the tff if you know what i mean

Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:51 am
Group 3 winner

I can't be bothered to start again so if I do worse next season after slowly improving then I'm out. So far I have only played up to 35 seasons in 4 games so I figured I was doing well. The league is an added bonus that keeps me playing once I have dominated the AI. Not interested in playing the stats to play an online league. I don't find the idea of playing hundreds of seasons blindly trying to raise 'bars' appealing, that's for the RPG player, I just like to play the game. Each to his own!

Maybe it will be settled somehow by/or in SO8 if it happens.

Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:33 am
Group 1 winner

jalupen wrote:
gotta say i agree with john opening the bars was the wrong way to go 5 seasons i bred an 80% cruising and full speed mare pretty easily its tff without the tff if you know what i mean

As I've always said the TTF's were a total myth, they got/get blamed for everything wrong in the league but weren't the problem. They are a just a tool to pass from one game to another when the Real problem was knowing the Bars , thats how u get Super Great horses . Its kind of been proven now with opening the bars up after all this time, they were average horses that looked a lot better. We all got kind of believing that our horses had far better Sprint/Cruise bars than they had and probably stop breeding to computer horses I know i did.

Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:20 am
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next