View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:11 am

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Bring Back Hidden Bars in LEAGUE MODE 

Poll ended at Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:12 pm
Yes 77%  77%  [ 17 ]
No 23%  23%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 22

Group 1 winner

Post Re: Bring Back Hidden Bars in LEAGUE MODE
Githyanki wrote:
The highest cruising burst I have in my NH stable is 40%. The highest extra speed is 65%. Most of my best NH horses look utterly dreadful, hardly a high bar anywhere to be seen. Indeed if I was culling on bars right now I would be binning horses who have league wins at G1. Anyone wants pictures of some let me know.

My Aussie flat team who I thought would be high are at around the 45% mark, the best has 55%, speed it better and gets to 90%. My US flat game is about the same average is around 45%, highest is 50%. Speed in the 80% range.

My new six season old Irish combined game already has cruising at 65%, speed is lower. Far too early to be making any judgements right now. And I have not yet decided if I am going to abandon successful lines for a while in a effort to improve the bars. But for me the league is wide open again now people are no longer trying to find a needle in a haystack whilst blindfolded.

I've always thought the jumps breeding is massively different to flat, on the flat u got three things to look for but over jumps u have the jumping bars and other things in play. If i was breeding for next year i would be using my jumpers as a base and improving them, they have already showed they are good in game. But i suppose if u want to go from a jumps only game to a combined game then this is the time.

Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:25 am
Group 2 winner

ghostzapper74 wrote:
jalupen wrote:
gotta say i agree with john opening the bars was the wrong way to go 5 seasons i bred an 80% cruising and full speed mare pretty easily its tff without the tff if you know what i mean

As I've always said the TTF's were a total myth, they got/get blamed for everything wrong in the league but weren't the problem. They are a just a tool to pass from one game to another when the Real problem was knowing the Bars , thats how u get Super Great horses . Its kind of been proven now with opening the bars up after all this time, they were average horses that looked a lot better. We all got kind of believing that our horses had far better Sprint/Cruise bars than they had and probably stop breeding to computer horses I know i did.

Think I disagree here, although we can see the bars now, there's still definitely hidden stats no one will ever see. Like the transfer to CK. You can have all the good bars you like an still be very poor in the CK. Which means there's other traits we're not seeing. The TFF meant you could just keep going back an play an play until 2 horses gave you the best each one had to offer on everything. Now you can't. For me, I won't be going totally off bars here, got a feeling if you try to just breed from bars you're going to end up losing all your good lines watering them down, just because there's no longer a safety net of the TFF. Yoy'd still need to get very lucky to improve all the stats in time for a 'sudden' upturn in your barn. It's definitely all about doing it slowly here, progressing the bars gradually, while still concentrating on the best CK horses

Most of what I am doing at the minute is trying to breed groups of bars together, like extra speed rating, with cruising burst, along with the red speed bar being 100. I'm hoping these 2 going together will be improving already decent lines. The again with the other bars lower down, distance, going, confidence, finish app. I count these as secondary stats, but just for labels sake. I have different lines with these that are good in CK an league.

Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:26 pm
Group 1 winner

Agree with Vinny, without the tff files things will pan out a lot differently than s06

I won't be changing much myself. The ck has always my deciding factor. It does help to see some of the jumping bars. And low confidence horses tend to do very poorly in the league so that is nice to know.

However won't be starting again or anything, and will still go on ck performance when deciding breeding.

Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Advantage for me will be on the newer games, since I have found the best horses are available in game early on. At 80 odd seasons in I don’t think they appear anymore so I am not sure I can improve them visibly anyway.

But as I said way to early to tell.

Any word on the patch as I need to find network signal via a hotspot to download it, least for the next month or so.

Sun Nov 14, 2021 4:40 pm
Group 1 winner

The latest patch fixes the visible stats bug. There will probably be something that stops league saves working with older builds. But waiting for Mark on that

Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:05 pm
Group 2 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Advantage for me will be on the newer games, since I have found the best horses are available in game early on. At 80 odd seasons in I don’t think they appear anymore so I am not sure I can improve them visibly anyway.

But as I said way to early to tell.

Any word on the patch as I need to find network signal via a hotspot to download it, least for the next month or so.

I've thought about this, in fact I have started one that I haven't really played yet. But given I only started again completely from scratch not long ago, it just seems like a lot of work. Definitely has the benefits of seeing the early horse stats though, given those really good game stallions all start disappearing later on

Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:50 pm
Group 1 winner

I'd been interested to see how the legends horses with their fantastic bars race in the CK/RK.

You would imagine they have the X factor and should win all, or will the "export" button feck them over like everyone's top game horses :lol:

Still painting over the cracks, perhaps we could start a go-fund me page to pay Mark to fix the actual game ?

Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:01 am
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
I'd been interested to see how the legends horses with their fantastic bars race in the CK/RK.

You would imagine they have the X factor and should win all, or will the "export" button feck them over like everyone's top game horses :lol:

Still painting over the cracks, perhaps we could start a go-fund me page to pay Mark to fix the actual game ?

The patch fixes a lot. Race are much better. No horses going crazy wide for no reasonanymore. Also 4 and 5yos ahve been improved so that they are level with the older horses, in fact they may even be better

Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:18 pm
Group 1 winner

leonvr wrote:

The patch fixes a lot. Race are much better. No horses going crazy wide for no reasonanymore. Also 4 and 5yos ahve been improved so that they are level with the older horses, in fact they may even be better

OK :)

Will single schedules still be at a disadvantage ? (nothing improv. past 8 in the NH etc.)

Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:25 pm
Group 1 winner

Anadin wrote:
leonvr wrote:

OK :)

Will single schedules still be at a disadvantage ? (nothing improv. past 8 in the NH etc.)

No single schedules should be at a level playing field now. NH was fine in any case, as evident by me playing combined and Josh playing NH only. It was just the flat that had an issue where for some reason 4 and 5yos were not progressing as expected. You may not see full potential for flat 4 and 5yos in game but their ck performance has been improved so full potential is not needed

Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:32 pm
Group 1 winner

I think on reflection restoration of the bars was not a good idea.

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:39 am
Group 3 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I think on reflection restoration of the bars was not a good idea.

Why?

Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:49 am
Group 1 winner

I should qualify it is on the NH where this is an issue for me, the flat sort of goes as expected. So for those of you who play the NH as an afterthought, carry on regardless.

Anyway I had a slow couple of days at work so I catalogued all the horses I had in game or breeding that I also had trial results for and referenced the score on the bars back to the results at trial trying to find some patterns. Anyway one massive spreadsheet later. The flat made sense. The three main bars and then the usual ancillary bars stacked up to trial results for the most part, with the usual amount of unexplained failures.

But on the NH it’s just a muddle, there are a few things that repeat over all the horses but nothing that seems to stand out. So instead of making the process easier I think it will actually make it harder, and it is interesting as my NH stars are so average looking on paper. Will know in a few weeks after I trial some of the recently breed improved bar experiments.

Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Have a look at this monster, probably the best computer horse i've ever seen. He's got 4 distance records in game.

I think Josh is right when he says the best horses start the game.

Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:15 am
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6