View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Warning patch 53 visible sire stats 
Group 1 winner

Post Warning patch 53 visible sire stats
Any horse exported using patch 53 will not be eligible for the league. A horse needs to be exported using patch 54 and above or patch 52 and before. Patch 53 horses will be excluded from the league.

Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:09 am
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Warning patch 53 visible sire stats
Just to make this more clear as it may have led to some confusion.

All horses currently in your ck that were exported with patch 52 or anything before patch 52 are fine for league. So that would probably mean all your current exports in your ck.

Anything exported using patch 54 and above will be fine for the league.

Anything exported using patch 53 and only patch 53 will be thrown out of league. There is no reason to keep playing the game with patch 53. Every horse file has an indicator as to which patch was used to export a horse so there are no excuses for using these horses

Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:00 pm
Handicapper

How do you know what patch you exported a horse under?

Why does it matter anyway? You could have print screened their stats or just remember which sires have the best stats. This seems like an overeaction which will cost people alot of time and some good horses.

Last edited by Dhughes on Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Dhughes wrote:
How do you know what patch you exported a horse under?

Why does it matter anyway? You could have print screened their stats or just remember which sires have the best stats. This seems like an overeaction which will cost people alot of time and some good horses.

Seeing that patch 53 was only available for about 2 days or so before been patched by 54 it should be fairly obvious to trainers which horses are affected.. Yes you may have print screened the stats of sires etc but will not be able to do that in the future. Best we can do in this situation. And with 3 months to go before the next league that advantage will be gone by then

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:28 pm
Group 2 winner

As I have had some free time over the last week I have done a major cull on my game. Got rid of all of my bad horses and been able to power through a couple of seasons in a bid to improve for next season.

Virtually all of my horses that are currently in my team have been exported as one year older using patch 53. They are now 2 or 3 years older. This means that I am effectively barred from having any returning horses next season as it is now too late to go back and export them at the correct age with patch 54 as my game has moved on.

If that is the case then I am out.

We can't go around making draconian decisions at the drop of a hat. I am not quite sure what the perceived advantage is in patch 53 anyway. So you can see a few sire stats, doesn't mean they are going to be any good or that you have even had any time to utilise them.

Very disappointing after having spent a few days making some headway and regaining some enthusiasm.

I particularly like bringing horses back and for me not being able to bring the majority of my good horses back next season has now become a deal breaker.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:35 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

There are 3 months to go. Patch 53 was only availble for about 2 days before patch 54 came out. All horses from patch 52 and before are fine to use. SO returning horses will be fine

If we dont do this it means you can keep playing without patching and have a serious advantage. It is a clear issue and something needs to be done.

The only other solution is a complete restart.

So complete restart or ban patch 53 horses. There are no other solutions

Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:46 pm
Handicapper

I understand that it would be an unfair advantage to remain on patch 53 for months.

However if you can check which patch a horse was exported on, can you tell us how to check?

If we were playing over the weekend we could have exported using 52, 53 or 54...

Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:02 pm
Group 1 winner

Unfortunately the only way to check is in the league race kit. Before league start you can email files over that you are worried about and we can check them for you. Will post a reminder come league time. I think I have some exported on patch 53 as well. With 3 months to go hopefully they will be gone from the trial batch.

Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:07 pm
Handicapper

Surely in the case of lordedaw and it’s returning horses you can allow them even on patch 0.53 as they’ve already been in the league and surely a little bit of trust from everyone to not sort of take advantage from the past 2 days? And like Leon says it was only live for 2 days and the league isn’t for 3 months so horses from those 2 days and lines from screenshots may be null and void anyway

Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:25 pm
Group 1 winner

AdamA405 wrote:
Surely in the case of lordedaw and it’s returning horses you can allow them even on patch 0.53 as they’ve already been in the league and surely a little bit of trust from everyone to not sort of take advantage from the past 2 days? And like Leon says it was only live for 2 days and the league isn’t for 3 months so horses from those 2 days and lines from screenshots may be null and void anyway

Good point. Returning horses exported during patch 53 should be allowed as clearly they haven't benefited from the sire stats

Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:42 pm
Group 1 winner

This is a mute point because why would u be bringing back any of these horses because they will get smashed, the game will have moved on massively . A far bigger problem is if someone kept a record of all the horses in the stallion barn , a world of knowledge without any effort.

Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:09 pm
Handicapper

ghostzapper74 wrote:
This is a mute point because why would u be bringing back any of these horses because they will get smashed, the game will have moved on massively

That's why I voted to keep the bars hidden, the gap between new and experienced players will be huge.

Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Dhughes wrote:
ghostzapper74 wrote:
This is a mute point because why would u be bringing back any of these horses because they will get smashed, the game will have moved on massively

That's why I voted to keep the bars hidden, the gap between new and experienced players will be huge.

I've said from the start that it wasn't a good idea and whats happened since has not changed my mind , if someone dominates the league next year then people will think did he stay on patch 53 longer and get some sort of advantage . It could be a total disaster for the league. I've yet to see any good things come from opening the game.

Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:23 pm
Group 3 winner

One good thing is - I found out why my sprinters are performing strangely. Rushing Waters wins me my first sprinting G1 so I check her stats and all my sprinters have non to very little 'Confidence' (up to 10%) and on further inspection the whole stable suffers from the same thing. Got some work to do there or that game is screwed. On the upside my flat game is producing some high Cruising Burst horses such as the joint winner of the Irish Derby so will have to play a few more seasons of that before the next league.

I think the main reason new players don't get involved is they see how many seasons the veteran players have grinded through and it's somewhat daunting. How can a casual player who barely gets through an in-game months play a week beat a player who rushes through a few seasons a week? It seems and looks impossible when reading this forum but it can be done.

Edit: I should mention Rushing Waters comes from a game I have only played 22 seasons and is now breeding (so far unsuccessfully) at 8yo and the Irish Derby joint winner is from a game now 37 seasons in after culling most of the stable after season 1 of the SO7 league.

Last edited by dragontrainer on Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:30 am
Group 1 winner

I voted to keep the bars hidden. Why change a good thing and nobody was complaining really.

This will be my last season and the game for good. Far to many opportunities in the NFT Blockchain gaming space now to actually be able to play to earn and make a passive income.

If any of you are interested check out Chicken Derby which is going Beta live in a few weeks.

I've been entering my horses a week in advance due to a lack of time and just no real interest in the game whatsoever. This is probably why my horses are not showing up in the races.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next