View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Warning patch 53 visible sire stats 
Group 3 winner

Post Re: Warning patch 53 visible sire stats
Did someone hack Hemz and advertise a bitcoin thingy?

Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:54 am
Group 1 winner

There are lots of ways to "skin a cat" & play patch 53 and still have the advantage when coming to upload under any other patch, its not rocket science.

It may well be best to leave the access, as John mentions people will already have taken advantage, as well if I was a newbie seeing this, I wouldn't think I would stand a chance after this brief window of opportunity has been given to the established 15-20 trainers, time or not.

I imagine it would level the league considerably, but we weren't to know by opening the bars that this would occur, but I think we have to take it on the chin and accept it to the league, otherwise there will be as mentioned the usual pointed finger to any over successful trainers in the future that were around at this time of using the unfair advantage.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:25 am
Group 1 winner

The key here is exported on 53 not bred on 53. So really everyone has an advantage for maybe a season or two depending on where there stable is at the time. And the advantage is pretty small, you cannot assume there is something in your game now that you need nor that you can actually do anything with it or that it will translate to the ck. All a storm in a teacup for me that will offer very little advantage.

And for the new player honestly it is not skill or magic, the experience you gain is merely learning it is all about two simple things, time to crunch through your breeding and trials and luck to hit upon something that performs in the ck.

I am sure when it comes to it there will be horses removed and a few people going I did not know, but we all know. Having the exception for returning horses should deal with any serious issues and if you were really really unlucky that you just happened to bred a monster in the last two days and export it on 53. Put it in your breeding and move on.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:56 am
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
The key here is exported on 53 not bred on 53. So really everyone has an advantage for maybe a season or two depending on where there stable is at the time. And the advantage is pretty small, you cannot assume there is something in your game now that you need nor that you can actually do anything with it or that it will translate to the ck. All a storm in a teacup for me that will offer very little advantage.

And for the new player honestly it is not skill or magic, the experience you gain is merely learning it is all about two simple things, time to crunch through your breeding and trials and luck to hit upon something that performs in the ck.

I am sure when it comes to it there will be horses removed and a few people going I did not know, but we all know. Having the exception for returning horses should deal with any serious issues and if you were really really unlucky that you just happened to bred a monster in the last two days and export it on 53. Put it in your breeding and move on.

If the league top payers say there's no advantage, then you know there is :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:05 am
Group 1 winner

This advantage should be short lived. And may even be negligible if a sire with wonder stats produces ck duds.

Time to move on. Nothing we can do about what has happenned or been seen. Thanks to John, Mark fixed this bug quickly with a patch. In 3 months time any small advantage obtained will be gone.

Personally I maintain that in SO7 it's not the sires that move you forward but the dams. Every step forward I have made has come from an amazing dam in my barn.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:08 am
Group 1 winner

Any advantage stu will be short lived and equal for all, least within the confines of your particular game. And I am quite open to say I have bred with everything in my stables and looked at the stats. My Aussie flat game in line with expectations harboured nothing of use, two horses with ancillary stats that look interesting. My NH game had 4 horses that look interesting and may offer something but the lines make me think they will be ck duds. My new US stable had a stack of good horses around 18 that maybe offer something I have not done my Irish stable.

Really there is nothing in this that cannot be achieved by multiple breeds to the same horse and a crash and restart anyway.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:32 pm
Group 2 winner

I'd agree here. I usually keep about 20-40 mares all with reasonable CK form, but very good breeding, and all stats above 50. If you send 5 mares to a particular game stallion each season you can pretty much work out their stats anyway, and what they offer. Keeping these mares allows me to keep certain lines going, but also view exactly what game stallions offer too

I didn't even realise that patch 53 was broken until after I'd already gone to 54, can't say I'm all that fussed by it though

Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:56 pm
Group 1 winner

OK, then there is no point in stopping horses exported under 53 is there ? as the advantage is negligible.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:59 pm
Group 2 winner

Yes, SO7 is a long term breeding project, so stopping them now means they wouldn't get enough of an advantage to matter much. If you let it carry on then the advantage becomes greater an greater as you go.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:15 pm
Group 1 winner

kniesh wrote:
Yes, SO7 is a long term breeding project, so stopping them now means they wouldn't get enough of an advantage to matter much. If you let it carry on then the advantage becomes greater an greater as you go.

But this was my point at the beginning, those who choose to use 53 and its advantage and then export under another patch will still occur, the league is far too competitive for this to not be used by some, hence leaving it open so that everyone is on the same field as such, bit like the TTF you can use it or not as in 06.

John pointed out the mud slinging which will occur should there be any dominating trainer next season & we have had plenty bending the rules in the past for an advantage, so highly unlikely it will not be used by some.

Sorry if I seem skeptical.

In the meantime a plug :lol: as this is the most popular post, Don't forget the Cheltenham comp folks -

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=20285

Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:49 pm
Group 1 winner

With where we are now the advantage is capped. Unless someone knows how to move their game between patches, always play on 53 and then change to export, but I don’t know if this is possible. Leaving it open just creates an extended advantage, I agree it could be nullified by leaving it as is but do we really want that?

Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:52 pm
Group 3 winner

Why not have a amnesty for horses bred in 53, so u have until let's say Saturday to had over to Gray the horses u might want to use next season then after that ban all other patch 53 horses. Something for everyone. :D

Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:00 pm
Group 1 winner

OK leave it as is, if none of you can see the possible abuse, then I will say no more & get back to poor commentating.... :wink:

Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:41 pm
Group 1 winner

I hate this bleeping bleeping game :lol:

I had bloody :evil: finished with this game and now im coming back :lol:

Well the horse i fell in love with before breeding to him Hits Only Cash( Oz Superstar sprinter) in my new US/OZ is going to be my superstar stallion ( or Real Life Gallieo), everything is going to be based around him and hopefully try to get some of his sons/daughters to influence the computer breeding . :D I think i can play a normal game without getting into breeding like SO6.

This is the only horse i've seen , well he was the one that found the fault. This is him, im not hiding nothing.

Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:53 pm
Group 3 winner

Anadin wrote:
OK leave it as is, if none of you can see the possible abuse, then I will say no more & get back to poor commentating.... :wink:

Well you tried. Maybe i can make the point more bluntly.

I know how to abuse the patch 53 exploit, i would be lying if i claimed otherwise. I doubt i am the only one that has the ability.
Currently there is no way to detect if i do use the exploit.
I can swear on a pile of saddles that i will not use the exploit.

So is my promise good enough for everyone?
If i am lucky enough to produce some monsters will you not have the slightest suspicion that i used the patch exploit?
If you are lucky enough to produce some monsters will you have the lingering doubt that some trainers might privately suspect you "cheated"?

Of course no one wanted to end up in this situation, but here we are. :(

I have been trying to come up with a possible solution, but i do not know how the game is coded so i dont know if its possible.
My idea is to make the save games backwards incompatible. The ban on patch 53 exported horses would still apply.
For example a saved game from a patch 54 or later will not run in patch 53.
And a saved game from patch 53 or earlier will not run in patch 54 or later.
If this level of version control is possible it should be possible to implement without a negative impact to existing stables.

Any of you that have played other online multiplayer games would know that version control is paramount and without the latest patch the game wont run.

Another solution is to wear this one the chin. :(
Make the game stallion's stats visible.
It will create a level playing field.
I am not advocating this, its just one possible solution.

The League has stated that the patch 53 exploit is banned so i will not use the exploit.
I feel uneasy knowing whats possible and still putting in the effort.

Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:52 am
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next