View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:57 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Season 12 Reviews 
Group 1 winner

Post Season 12 Reviews
Paul Rhodes

Flat Team
Tough season for me have gone backwards due to lack of play but delighted with 22 wins
9 of them at Group 1 level and 2 classics and for me that all important English classic victory
thanks to 1000 Guineas Winner Air Defense. My 13th career English Classic Victory.

National Hunt Team
Decent season with 20 victories to my name which is beyond my expectations stable star was
undoubtedly Duke of Finnsbury who won a Grade 2 & 3 in total i won 3 graded races which was
unexpected.

A HUGE Thanks
Huge thanks to Gray who does a Stella job thanks to all the race runners handicappers and the
amazing commentators who do so much to make the league so much fun. I know exactly the
amount of time you all put into this its unbelievable and I greatly appreciate you all. Thanks to
Leon for his continued brilliant work with Tom & with Mark to make the league even better. Thanks
to anyone else who helps in the background.

Landmark
With a bit of luck I will hit my 1000th league winner next term not sure anyone else has got there
yet I'd say Josh Leon & John wont be far off but it will be a landmark to celebrate for me

Congratulations to all of the champions.

See you all next season have a happy and healthy 2022

Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:41 am
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Post Re: Season 12 Reviews
Overall a decent enough first season, with 8 horses in the stables, four 2 year olds and four 3 year olds.
6 individual winners and 9 places collected. Took a while to find our feet, but the last few weeks the stable has been in better form.
6% win ratio and 15% win/place ratio and 242k of prize money
Without doubt the performer of the season being Clasic Strig, winning The Kiss of Stu 2yo Sprint over 6f, also second in the Windsor Castle at Ascot festival & Pin Au Haras at Longchamp cumulating in being very unlucky not to get in the placings in the Colleen Listed stakes
Betseale Clan, Birthday Ripple & Pepporoni Hozay all placing 5th in Group 1's.
Unfortunately we couldn't get any tune out of Cameo Satin, who trialed by far the best horse in the yard at home.

looking forward to next season, with a few promising types coming through.

Thanks to everybody involved in running this, been thoroughly enjoyable!

Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]