View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Breeding for the league?! 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Breeding for the league?!
Your right about the warning message I checked it myself and there is no message but I am sure there used to be, maybe if you turn the help settings on, that the new games have defaulted to on it maybe there.

Your also right about some direct family breeds not showing the warning it has always been like that, I am not sure about the exact logic I just avoid breeding with the flashing warning.

Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:18 am
Group 1 winner

Being we are asking about odd things, although not breeding related, any idea why this appears ? As you can see its not because the horse as won anything good.

Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:13 am
Group 2 winner

Anadin wrote:
Being we are asking about odd things, although not breeding related, any idea why this appears ? As you can see its not because the horse as won anything good.

It means it is currently the leading horse in a specific category. I can't see enough of the info to figure out which category it is but if you go on the HORSES page there is a button somewhere for the current leading horses. The same as the one that comes up at the end of the season.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:26 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Well before i went on holiday last week i did some breeding for the window and i was totally shocked at what i saw :shock: I've never seen it in any SO games but a 55 cruise stallion was bred to a 50 cruise mare and it breed a 60% baby :shock: I've never seen that before.

Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:10 pm
Group 1 winner

Happens once in a blue moon, but I have occasionally seen that random uplift too, maybe once or twice in say 160 seasons :)

Sun Apr 10, 2022 7:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Happens once in a blue moon, but I have occasionally seen that random uplift too, maybe once or twice in say 160 seasons :)

All very odd :lol:

Done some breeding for this window and putting in a few new ones to see where my horses are for next season.

Canada+ Bobbysoxxer are 2m4 horses , it taken over 40 seasons to breed any long distance horses and these are very average . I dont think i can breed any good long distance horses in my US game.

Indian Spark + Rough Fool are 7 furlong horses who should make decent h'cappers.

Polly Mills + Mystic Flash are 8 furlong runners who also should be decent h'cappers.

Mistle Cat is clearly the best middle distance horse i've bred so far and if( big) good enough will be aimed at the classic.

Daffodil Express a 5 or 6 furlong horse who is slightly better over 5 , should be good enough to run in group sprints.

Mystic Goddess is a 5 furlong horse who is the superstar in my team , outstanding in game and almost as good in my trials. If my team is to win a group race its with her. My favourite horse i've breed in SO7. :D

After running my new trials i learned that i've been running my steinbeck over the wrong trip, i thought he was a 7 or 8 furlong horse but i've learnt that he's a 6 furlong horses . It goes to show the game can make a arse out of u :lol:

Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:39 pm
Group 1 winner

Frequently, my Aussie flat game is such a mess now everything exports at either 5f or 6f even those the game rates at 2m. Makes trialing a pain in the arse as I can never remember what’s what.

Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:41 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Frequently, my Aussie flat game is such a mess now everything exports at either 5f or 6f even those the game rates at 2m. Makes trialing a pain in the arse as I can never remember what’s what.

I just go by the stamina bar and what they do in game, that way i can keep trialing down .

I have yet in over 40 seasons of my game to breed a 1m4 horse :lol:

Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:38 pm
Group 1 winner

As with all these things we all do it slightly differently. I mass trial from two games on the flat simultaneously, so usually around 200+ horses in one big all distance and all ages trial series. Including the ones already in the export bin. I can usually recall a few but being as I don’t pay much attention to the game results I don’t really learn about my horses until I trial them. To have everything from my Aussie game export as a 5 or 6f horse simple means I have to trial them all at every distance which is a right pain in the ass, I use naming conventions to give me a clue.

Why it exports 2m and everything down as 5f or 6f horses remains a mystery to me. The race runners will see this with my flat horses in the league. Won’t see anything from Australia that’s not a 5f or 6f horse in the CK. My more recent US stable does not do this, at least it does not do it yet.

Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:00 pm
Group 2 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Your right about the warning message I checked it myself and there is no message but I am sure there used to be, maybe if you turn the help settings on, that the new games have defaulted to on it maybe there.

Your also right about some direct family breeds not showing the warning it has always been like that, I am not sure about the exact logic I just avoid breeding with the flashing warning.

I only get the warning if it's a stallion and mare who have the same Sire, or same Brood mare. At no other point does the warning come up. They are the only 2 things i try to avoid. With relation to other breeding in actively do it as much as possible to a point. An example is, I have 2 complete monsters of stallions who have bred almost all my very good horses. These 2 stallions aren't related so now, what I'm looking for is to breed horses so I have both these stallions on both sides of the breeding.

An example. I'm sorry, this may be tough to explain without visuals of the breeding, but cant remember how to upload pics. The 2 stallions are Osaka Play and Hefei Delta. First what I do is breed an Osaka Play mare, with Osaka Play again, or another good Osaka Play colt as long as Osaka Play isn't the direct sire (therefore, no warning as not classed as inbreeding). This means the offspring will Have Osaka play on the mares side of the breeding, and also on the Sires side of the breeding. At this point I start to add That horse, with a Hefei Delta horses. And so on, this means when you look into their breeding lines after a while, most will have Osaka Play and Hefei delta in their breeding on about 4 different occasions. I send the mares who are ok in the CK, but have this breeding to stud, they dont need to be spectacular, just get placed a few times. I often find these mares are the key when another big game stallion comes along

I only started doing that recently, but the results seem to suggest it is the way to go. Now I need to wait for my next really good game stallion, they come along about every 20 seasons I think. Once I get that, an it creates another monster stallion for me, I will then go about getting all 3 of those stallions on every side of the breeding

I'm sorry that's a little long winded, it's how I have improved an maintained my lines so far. Those game stallions come along not that often, but once they do, take full advantage, an make sure your breeding mares all have those stallions in their breeding lines multiple times.

If someone can tell me how to do pics I will upload a few . It's so much easier that way than explaining :)

Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:55 pm
Group 2 winner

For context on the 2 stallions I am using there;

Osaka Play - He is currently in his 3rd season in the league, he won multiple group1s as a 2yo, was 2nd in the St James Palace, an placed in 3 other group1s as a 3yo last season, an this season won the group1 at Dubai as a 4yo. That's pretty decent to keep going that long in the league

Hefei Delta - Think he was only placed in a few group1 sprints in the league, but mostly because I'd surpassed him myself with his offspring. Virtually every sprinter I've had in the league, including some decent ones, has come from him at some point.

I went off wrong lots of times, starting new games I didn't need to, an playing games I shouldn't have. Until the week before this season I wasn't actually gonna enter any horses at all, an wait till next season. Leon talked me out of that thankfully, as I've been a lot more successful on the flat than before. And next season I will have a complete stable, not just sprinters an milers hopefully, but all from doing that technique. I have already surpassed my current sprinters who are uploaded, but only had 1 slot to fill, so I have decent hopes for Sendai Flash who got the spot

Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:08 pm
Handicapper

ghostzapper74 wrote:
Githyanki wrote:

I just go by the stamina bar and what they do in game, that way i can keep trialing down .

I have yet in over 40 seasons of my game to breed a 1m4 horse :lol:

I am probably talking on a beginner level to experts, but the fact you cannot see the stamina bar in the CK, and only hae the bogus indicator, makes it very difficult.

Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:50 am
Handicapper

I am happy to report I have made a breakthrough with my breeding for CK online, but not sure how much of one yet.
I found an AI owned stud that produces foals that have great POT, SPD etc., but unfortunately he must have ZERO for Confidence and ZERO for finish, because most of the foals come out that way.
I paired him up with mares that were high or max in those 2 things and probably about 15% of those resulted in a raceable foal. The fist 2 of which just dominated my unraced 2 yo trials, beating the yardstick previous best fairly easily.
1 was a Colt the other a filly. Hopefully I can use those 2 to start a pretty good bloodline.
I am going to try again with the AI stud this season as well, just to make sure. It seems a little of a waste because most of the foals will be trash ( and these mares are capable of putting out good horses with my reliable studs), but I figure it will be worth it if I can kick start my Online breeding program into high gear.

Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:57 am
Handicapper

kniesh wrote:
Githyanki wrote:

I only get the warning if it's a stallion and mare who have the same Sire, or same Brood mare. At no other point does the warning come up. They are the only 2 things i try to avoid. With relation to other breeding in actively do it as much as possible to a point. An example is, I have 2 complete monsters of stallions who have bred almost all my very good horses. These 2 stallions aren't related so now, what I'm looking for is to breed horses so I have both these stallions on both sides of the breeding.

An example. I'm sorry, this may be tough to explain without visuals of the breeding, but cant remember how to upload pics. The 2 stallions are Osaka Play and Hefei Delta. First what I do is breed an Osaka Play mare, with Osaka Play again, or another good Osaka Play colt as long as Osaka Play isn't the direct sire (therefore, no warning as not classed as inbreeding). This means the offspring will Have Osaka play on the mares side of the breeding, and also on the Sires side of the breeding. At this point I start to add That horse, with a Hefei Delta horses. And so on, this means when you look into their breeding lines after a while, most will have Osaka Play and Hefei delta in their breeding on about 4 different occasions. I send the mares who are ok in the CK, but have this breeding to stud, they dont need to be spectacular, just get placed a few times. I often find these mares are the key when another big game stallion comes along

I only started doing that recently, but the results seem to suggest it is the way to go. Now I need to wait for my next really good game stallion, they come along about every 20 seasons I think. Once I get that, an it creates another monster stallion for me, I will then go about getting all 3 of those stallions on every side of the breeding

I'm sorry that's a little long winded, it's how I have improved an maintained my lines so far. Those game stallions come along not that often, but once they do, take full advantage, an make sure your breeding mares all have those stallions in their breeding lines multiple times.

If someone can tell me how to do pics I will upload a few . It's so much easier that way than explaining :)

for pics you need to take screenshots of the horse summary, and then the secondary traits. Paste those into a Paintshop type program and save them. Then upload them to a image service and use the links to attach the photos using the [img]image%20link[/img] tags.

You can probably find better instructions by using a search engine.

Yes, it does not give the inbreeding warning for sire and his filly, so I manually check for that now as well.

Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:04 am
Group 2 winner

NealMac wrote:
I am happy to report I have made a breakthrough with my breeding for CK online, but not sure how much of one yet.
I found an AI owned stud that produces foals that have great POT, SPD etc., but unfortunately he must have ZERO for Confidence and ZERO for finish, because most of the foals come out that way.
I paired him up with mares that were high or max in those 2 things and probably about 15% of those resulted in a raceable foal. The fist 2 of which just dominated my unraced 2 yo trials, beating the yardstick previous best fairly easily.
1 was a Colt the other a filly. Hopefully I can use those 2 to start a pretty good bloodline.
I am going to try again with the AI stud this season as well, just to make sure. It seems a little of a waste because most of the foals will be trash ( and these mares are capable of putting out good horses with my reliable studs), but I figure it will be worth it if I can kick start my Online breeding program into high gear.

You can check what his confidence is. Click on one of your offspring from him. Click through to see all the stats for yours, i.e cruising burst etc. In the top left of that page, if you now click on the Sires name, it takes you to his page, and shows you all his hidden stats

Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:56 am
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next