View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:05 am

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Breeding for the league?! 
Handicapper

Post Re: Breeding for the league?!
kniesh wrote:
NealMac wrote:
I am happy to report I have made a breakthrough with my breeding for CK online, but not sure how much of one yet.
I found an AI owned stud that produces foals that have great POT, SPD etc., but unfortunately he must have ZERO for Confidence and ZERO for finish, because most of the foals come out that way.
I paired him up with mares that were high or max in those 2 things and probably about 15% of those resulted in a raceable foal. The fist 2 of which just dominated my unraced 2 yo trials, beating the yardstick previous best fairly easily.
1 was a Colt the other a filly. Hopefully I can use those 2 to start a pretty good bloodline.
I am going to try again with the AI stud this season as well, just to make sure. It seems a little of a waste because most of the foals will be trash ( and these mares are capable of putting out good horses with my reliable studs), but I figure it will be worth it if I can kick start my Online breeding program into high gear.

You can check what his confidence is. Click on one of your offspring from him. Click through to see all the stats for yours, i.e cruising burst etc. In the top left of that page, if you now click on the Sires name, it takes you to his page, and shows you all his hidden stats

Oh wow! Another member tried to tell me about that, but I guess I didn't understand and did it wrong, clicking on the sire name from the main summary page (where POT and SPD are displayed) and it didn't work.

Well, yep... the AI stud in questions has 92 POT 85 extra speed and 0 for both finish and confidence. ughhh.

Thank you, and thanks to the member for trying to help me earlier.

Fri Apr 15, 2022 11:14 pm
Group 1 winner

It is common to have to build a line using multiple components. Often the horse that gives you something new is flawed in other ways. You have to fix as you go. My US stable has potential and cruise now sorted finish is still being worked out along with confidence these are easier to fix once you have the main bits.

Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:47 pm
Handicapper

Is the combined schedule still at an advantage compared to the separate flat and jumps schedules in the league? And when starting a new game to you skip to 10 seasons in to see what the good sites are or do yous start from year 1?

Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:53 pm
Group 1 winner

AdamA405 wrote:
Is the combined schedule still at an advantage compared to the separate flat and jumps schedules in the league? And when starting a new game to you skip to 10 seasons in to see what the good sites are or do yous start from year 1?

No all schedules should be equal now. I only skip 5 seasons.

Mon May 02, 2022 10:25 am
Handicapper

Thank you! Another quick question, when breeding there’s a few stallions that are standing in France or USA (I presume so as the flag is next to their name) but no button to breed to them, is that right or is there another button I have to look for to breed to stallions out with the uk?

Mon May 02, 2022 6:30 pm
Group 2 winner

When you go into my breeding there are 2 separate lists for Stallions. There's a UK only one, and one that will include all the foreign horses. Midway up the screen on the right hand side, there's 2 pics of horses. One pic has 3, if you click on that, it lists all foreign horses too and allows you yo click on them to breed with.

Both screens also offer you different stats, the one with foreign horses offers their offspring success, which can be pretty important info when choosing who to use.

Using the foreign horses to breed with between 5 and 30 seasons is vital if you ask me, you very rarely see horses this good for getting lines going again after. They are much more spread out

Mon May 02, 2022 6:54 pm
Handicapper

When I press the one that shows the foreign horses though there’s not a red ‘s’ button next to them so that I can breed with them? It’s only there one the sheet that’s shows the uk horses. I say this because there’s a french stallion with something like 60odd group one winners compared to the top uk one only having 13 :lol: the game is up to date.

Mon May 02, 2022 7:02 pm
Handicapper

kniesh wrote:
When you go into my breeding there are 2 separate lists for Stallions. There's a UK only one, and one that will include all the foreign horses. Midway up the screen on the right hand side, there's 2 pics of horses. One pic has 3, if you click on that, it lists all foreign horses too and allows you yo click on them to breed with.

Both screens also offer you different stats, the one with foreign horses offers their offspring success, which can be pretty important info when choosing who to use.

Using the foreign horses to breed with between 5 and 30 seasons is vital if you ask me, you very rarely see horses this good for getting lines going again after. They are much more spread out

When I go into the pic of the 3 horses it comes up with all the foreign studs to breed to but there is no red ‘s’ that allows me to select them to breed to, or is there another button to select the foreign horses somewhere that I can’t see? :lol:

Wed May 11, 2022 5:36 pm
Group 2 winner

Only thing I can think of there is the screen size. Try it ion full screen mode an see if it's there then? That's a complete guess though an I can't see it working. I just know sometimes if I'm in windowed, certain stuff doesn't show up.

Wed May 11, 2022 6:14 pm
Handicapper

Nah still not showing up, thanks for the suggestion though

Wed May 11, 2022 6:21 pm
Group 1 winner

What happens when you click on the S on the right hand side of the screen.

Or is the S missing

Wed May 11, 2022 6:22 pm
Handicapper

The S is there for the home country stallions (the ones in the single horse pic) but there’s no S next to the foreign stallions in the list that’s under the 3 horse pic

Wed May 11, 2022 6:27 pm
Group 1 winner

Let's just make sure here you're not missing something in translation...

The sire list in this image at the top is what shows when the single horse icon is highlighted. It says "Current International top sires". It has both your home nation sires and international sires.

The second sire list in this image shows when the three horse icon is highlighted. It only has your home nation sires.

The red S in the square box on the right hand side of every sire is what you click. This image is in windowed mode.

Wed May 11, 2022 6:52 pm
Handicapper

Not sure how to show yous my screen like you have Sirius but ‘international sires’ there’s a red ‘s’ allowing me to breed to these stallions. When I click on the ‘current international top sires’ there is no red ‘s’ that lets me breed to them. The column ‘standing at’ does not show the studs that they’re standing at.

Wed May 11, 2022 7:01 pm
Group 2 winner

I think you're on the wrong screen. It is 'My Breeding' not 'Breeding' from the main page. There shouldn't be a 'top sires' bit. That's from the main breeding page. On the main summary home page, it's not the top left breeding. Look under that in the tabs, and go to my breeding which is roughly halfway across the page at the top

Then click on my breeding mares

Wed May 11, 2022 9:31 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next