View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 I don't get it?!?! (Results) 
Handicapper

Post I don't get it?!?! (Results)
I knew there was going to be a curve coming in with owners who have been doing this for a long time and are really good at it, but...
So my 2 yo that ran the mile race tonight FR WK1 R38 John Morgan 2YO stakes - Dancing Iris, who was my best hope to be competitive, just got trounced out the back.
The problem? Take the loss rookie!

Well, not so fast: The winning time of the race was 1:39:99, and the last race that she ran (and won) before the export was a 1 mile dirt race (just like this one) and she ran in 1:39:01, nearly a second faster, but now she is so far out the back you have to wait for her to finally finish to move on???? WTF?

What gives?

Wed Mar 02, 2022 10:32 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: I don't get it?!?! (Results)
The times in the game are way faster than the times in the construction kit. Did the horse run the time on the same course? Was it in the construction kit?

Also when did you export your horses? Did you trial them in the ck.

Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:22 am
Handicapper

leonvr wrote:
The times in the game are way faster than the times in the construction kit. Did the horse run the time on the same course? Was it in the construction kit?

I exported the day of a big race from the race screen, right before the race, after setting jockey tactics.

I raced them against my other horses, since I don't have access to you guys horses. I didn't notice anything off about the race times, and this horse in particular easily was superior in the CK races and won all of hers.
As high as her bars are, I cannot imagine what your horses must look like. To beat her like you all did they must be WELL ABOVE the 100 max.
I could understand fractions of a second, but to be so far out the back... smh. :roll:

Thu Mar 03, 2022 12:56 am
Handicapper

leonvr wrote:

Ok, spent my time allotted for SO7 today into grouping all my horses in the CK in to their premium distance.
Going to start doing more extensive testing this weekend, but preliminary testing did indeed confirm times are slower.

I set up a replica of Race 2 | Spring Cup at Lingfield 6f, and the winners time of my horses was 1:24:96, with the horse I had actually running the race finished last. The winning time was still 1.7 seconds off the actual online league race winning time, and would still have me firmly in last place. Even behind the other new guy. Congrats to him! :)
I got quite a lot of work to do just to get competitive.
Not sure if I should scrub this season and try to get ready for next season, since I won't be competitive anyway.

The good news is my breeding is picking up, and I now have 3 studs that can provide quality upgrades to various things, with the aim of getting cruising burst, finishing, up etc.

Anyway, thanks for the help. If you got anything else, now might be a good time. :D

Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:25 am
Group 1 winner

You have to stop thinking the game and the league are the same. In the game the hidden ck stats don’t come into play, whatever these stats are (and yes their very existence at all is completely stupid) they have a negative effect on her in the ck, or everyone else has more positive effects.

I don’t look at race times and to be honest I never have, you have to pay attention to the things that matter or you will be so frustrated after two weeks your quit and miss out of something that is highly competitive and throughly enjoyable. There will be a break through, via a game horse at some point that will change everything.

Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:02 am
Group 3 winner

Neal u also got to remember u speed of u computer and the speed of the races u run, if run races on fast mode then the times will be quicker.

Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:20 am
Group 1 winner

And in my first season after years of domination in my game, I was soundly beaten on the flat not a single win all season and don’t think I ever came close. I did sneak a couple of low grade handicap wins on the NH which as has been said is easier to approach as a rookie.

There is no magic formula we know and you don’t, there is nothing we can do that you cannot replicate. Use this as a learning curve albeit I understand an annoying one about what you can achieve.

Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:04 am
Group 1 winner

Just keep at it. Put your horses into handicaps. They will start to improve then.

I trial every season as its easy to miss good ck horses. I export in July/August after Ascot as tend to get the best results at that time, even for NH. After some time your ck and game form starts to align and then it is much easier to know what is good

In the construction kit, create groups based on distance. And try keep these to manageable level. You can restrict by female, male, 3yo and 4yo up in agroup to create smaller fields. But make sure you don't have too many 3yo female milers for example. Also trial somewhere there is no draw bias as that can really affect your trials. You can see the draw bias in the tracks in the game. In addition pace is a big factor in the league. In lot of races there is none and this can really affect results and horses not suited to slow run races can suffer.

Times can help you improve your game and horses in game. But don't think that because your times are brilliant in game that makes them world beaters. Everyone has great times in game and everyone has group 1 winners. Its about improving those group 1 winners to another level. I have a horse that ran 2:29 for the Epsom Oaks on good ground ( That is lightning quick). But in my trials finished 20 lengths behind my last horse. Needless to say I abandoned that branch of my game

Some shortcuts

You can export all the horses at once. But I'm not sure of the way as don't use it. Im sure someone will post the shortcut though if you want it. I like to export a few of mine with challenge early so export each one individually ( Unfortunately this is time consuming for a stable of some 500 horses)

To add multiple horses to a group in the construction kit. Select horse add it to group. Then hold down control and add all the others you want to the group by clicking on them

Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:30 am
Handicapper

To export all horses at once, select any horse, hold down shift key and click export.
It will take a few seconds depending on how many you are exporting, then it will tell you how many you have exported.

Thu Mar 03, 2022 1:40 pm
Handicapper

leonvr wrote:
Just keep at it. Put your horses into handicaps. They will start to improve then.

I trial every season as its easy to miss good ck horses. I export in July/August after Ascot as tend to get the best results at that time, even for NH. After some time your ck and game form starts to align and then it is much easier to know what is good

In the construction kit, create groups based on distance. And try keep these to manageable level. You can restrict by female, male, 3yo and 4yo up in agroup to create smaller fields. But make sure you don't have too many 3yo female milers for example. Also trial somewhere there is no draw bias as that can really affect your trials. You can see the draw bias in the tracks in the game. In addition pace is a big factor in the league. In lot of races there is none and this can really affect results and horses not suited to slow run races can suffer.

Times can help you improve your game and horses in game. But don't think that because your times are brilliant in game that makes them world beaters. Everyone has great times in game and everyone has group 1 winners. Its about improving those group 1 winners to another level. I have a horse that ran 2:29 for the Epsom Oaks on good ground ( That is lightning quick). But in my trials finished 20 lengths behind my last horse. Needless to say I abandoned that branch of my game

Some shortcuts

You can export all the horses at once. But I'm not sure of the way as don't use it. Im sure someone will post the shortcut though if you want it. I like to export a few of mine with challenge early so export each one individually ( Unfortunately this is time consuming for a stable of some 500 horses)

To add multiple horses to a group in the construction kit. Select horse add it to group. Then hold down control and add all the others you want to the group by clicking on them

This is great info. Thank you!

I want to re-do my online stable based on the tests I am running now.
What is best way to do that?
Some of the horses may be the same horse just at a different age, so do I retire or delete the current horses to not run into duplicate problems etc.?
I need to get that info by tomorrow before the window closes.

I will probably stick with exporting them individually, at least for now. but thanks to you and Davy for that info anyway.

Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:42 pm
Group 1 winner

You can only have 1 copy of a horse at a certain age in the ck. If you export again it will get overwritten. If you want to run horses in different groups move them or have say the 3yo in one group and the 4yo in another.

I have groups for the following distances

j6 ( 2yo sprinters) and j8 ( 2yo milers) ( but i dont really concentrate on 2yos)

then the following

5,6,7,8,9,10,12,14,16 and 20f

I have other groups for NH.

There is another window in week 7. You may want to leave some spaces for that window as it gives you some time to improve your stable

Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:12 pm
Handicapper

leonvr wrote:
You can only have 1 copy of a horse at a certain age in the ck. If you export again it will get overwritten. If you want to run horses in different groups move them or have say the 3yo in one group and the 4yo in another.

I have groups for the following distances

j6 ( 2yo sprinters) and j8 ( 2yo milers) ( but i dont really concentrate on 2yos)

then the following

5,6,7,8,9,10,12,14,16 and 20f

I have other groups for NH.

There is another window in week 7. You may want to leave some spaces for that window as it gives you some time to improve your stable

Thanks again! Very good info.

I meant the horses I had already uploaded onto the league server to race. DO I just delete them, retire them etc.?
Say a horse I had on there was 2 yo but I want to run the 4 yo version of it instead, is that going to be a problem?

Thu Mar 03, 2022 7:56 pm
Group 1 winner

No you can't retire horses or delete them. And they have to age naturally. Put your horses all into handicaps. They will run better. The schedule is designed that all trainers normally get wins

Thu Mar 03, 2022 8:08 pm
Handicapper

leonvr wrote:
No you can't retire horses or delete them. And they have to age naturally. Put your horses all into handicaps. They will run better. The schedule is designed that all trainers normally get wins

What do you mean "age naturally".
DO horses age and progress their stats in the online league? I thought those races were just run inside the CK.
SO basically I upload 2 yo's and then let them develop and age inside the online league, instead of uploading them every year at the next age?

I still need to dump most of them because they are trash in the online league. So do I just delete them when the season is done?

Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:25 am
Group 1 winner

NealMac wrote:
leonvr wrote:

What do you mean "age naturally".
DO horses age and progress their stats in the online league? I thought those races were just run inside the CK.
SO basically I upload 2 yo's and then let them develop and age inside the online league, instead of uploading them every year at the next age?

I still need to dump most of them because they are trash in the online league. So do I just delete them when the season is done?

No if you want to bring horses back next season that ran this season you have to export them 1 year older in your game

so if you had a horse run as a 3 year old this season you can bring them back next season as a 4 year old

No no horse stats change in the online league

Tue Mar 22, 2022 6:45 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next