View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 ONLINE LEAGUE URGENT NOTICE 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: ONLINE LEAGUE URGENT NOTICE
Im happy not to increase my stable size. If Josh is happy to do the same. Then we can increase for everyone else and that should help with field sizes

Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:13 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
It is hard to convince people with good stables, that thier offcasts are still 20% better than some trainers

Not hard to convince me stu my team this year are by my standards a bunch of cart pulling nags, but once the breeding lines are set up you really cannot fail to churn out good horses and the margins between them become very small if you keep 10+ in each discipline.

Perfectly happy with Leon’s suggestion about the top 4 and no disrespect Martin but your still far enough back for the line to be rightly drawn at 4.

Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:26 pm
Group 1 winner

And perfectly happy for it to be drawn at 2 also.

Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:27 pm
Group 1 winner

Most definitely a quantity over quality issue here!

I for one have new horses to upload, but to find 28 that are "worth" uploading is slim and maybe we should be asking those trainers in the "below" if they can fill their stables to 35, otherwise, as much as a great discussion this is, in 2 weeks time unless everyone can boost their stable, the same problem will still be here.

Still do not understand why the cutting of races is not being considered ??

Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:29 am
Handicapper

I doubt I will increase my stable numbers as hard enough to find races as it is some weeks so happy to be put on the list of top trainers that cant increase the stable size. Either way happy to go with the flow

Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:00 am
Group 3 winner

No problem with me too

Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:17 pm
Handicapper

I have a ways to go until I will increase overall size, or have NH horses.
Working at it though.
Just looing forward to putting some better horses that were tested in CK in the stable.

Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:45 pm
Group 1 winner

I have excluded Josh, Dave, Darren and myself from this.

But going forward some of those low grade hunter chasers need to be changed to low grade hurdle races

Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:57 pm
Group 1 winner

No criticism here but think things like this need to be discussed openly and publicly
complaints about the first league I joined oh about 15 years ago that it was a total clique
the hierarchy were all best mates and made all the decisions in private (100% that suited them)
and were nothing more than a bunch of cheats but thats history.

I know all of the members of the team here are not one bit like that but when you have private chats about
the future of the league and make such huge decisions like that without even asking any other members
of the league its like playing god and can be seen especially by newcomers which are hard enough to attract
let alone keep interested to be a bit of a clique.

You all do an amazing job a thankless task and appreciated you all greatly.

I agree with Stu all this means is the strong get stronger have more options more ammo
and lets face it Leon & Josh worse horses are far superior to most of everyone elses horse.

If this was suggested with the flat I'd say the very same and I'm 2nd in the championship
I remember when I was a leading trainer I'd try and avoid handicaps with group class horses
to give others a chance to win races never sat easy with me just doing everything to plung
winners.

At the end of the day the way the league is going we could end up with 10 trainers in each code
the numbers seem to be dwindling over the past few seasons think a propriety is coming up with
something for rookies maybe a rookies series.

Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:41 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2