View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:13 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Resetting Uploads 
Group 1 winner

Post Resetting Uploads
100 for the flat and 75 for the NH?

Josh

Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:39 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Resetting Uploads
Opposite way around

75 for flat and 100 for NH

975 resets all flat horses

10 resets al NH horses

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:02 pm
Group 1 winner

Thanks Jim.

Tue Sep 27, 2022 9:29 am
Group 1 winner

Something else i've messed up :lol:

I hate this game sometimes. I've always wondered why i lose my best potential bar horses but i've only just found out why :evil: I didn't know until now is if u go backward u horses lose some of its potential. I hate trailing and so to do a bite less of it is that when i get to a point in my games i will save the games and race the horses i've bred so far like my 1 and 2 year olds and when they get to 3 and 4 save them and trail all the horses . After my trials i'll go back to my saved game where they were 1 and 2 and play the game but only now i noticed that when u do that u horses lose potential and so technically u go backwards . :evil:

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:52 pm
Group 1 winner

I have been doing something like that for ages. What do you mean you lose potential?

The only downside I have discovered in this method is that the breeding distance indicator gets messed up if you retire to stud the horses that have no or limited short distance races it moves to the distance they have raced so everything in my games end up being a 2m on the NH and a 5/6f horse on the flat, but it makes no difference to how they race, trail or breed at their correct distances.

Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:05 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I have been doing something like that for ages. What do you mean you lose potential?

The only downside I have discovered in this method is that the breeding distance indicator gets messed up if you retire to stud the horses that have no or limited short distance races it moves to the distance they have raced so everything in my games end up being a 2m on the NH and a 5/6f horse on the flat, but it makes no difference to how they race, trail or breed at their correct distances.

Well early on in the game i had a 100% horse, the only one i ever had and i wondered why he would never give that out , well i must have done what i normally do and then go back and afterwards he never gave out a 95% plus horse and only this week with covid i found out why. My best possibly flat horse chalk is a 99% potential horse and after i went backwards hes gone down to about 94% horse, i think u lose about 5% potential. When i was deleting my horses after my league trials i was rushing through them like u do :lol: ( i had 1200 horses in there) i deleted a horse that won my trials and i was going to put him in my team but after i when back to the game he was in i saved him to my CK and now because his potential he's gone bloody down he's a 2 or 3L worse of horse and wouldn't win or get anywhere in my trials .

Everyone watch out for it because it certainly happens in my game . :evil: If its not hard enough/takes time to bred better horses u fighting the game as well.

Josh do u have lots of horses in u CK because if u do that can slow the game down and i wonder if that effects the speed when u try to run races for the league.

Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:25 pm
Group 1 winner

I don’t get that and I have been going back for ages and ages. You do of course get potential development from racing so a horse retired directly to stud will never look like the same horse would if it had raced, even when matured, but they breed to what they could become not what they are so it does not matter. I race and breed my stud horses but only so they get group wins and are attractive to game trainers, but also too much unrealised potential is not idea on both sides.

There is also no logic in what you say, since you not going backwards in actual fact or reversing or recreating, your just playing an earlier game version and the code is fixed at the point you left it, so what your saying does not make sense to me? I assume all you do is switch the three export files between the two games when you go back?

I assume you also know in some cases between two iterations of the same game the same horse can develop differently.

As for exports I tend to keep around 300-350 at all times as my trial sheet stock. When batch exporting this can increase to anything from 500-1000 depending on how many I bring through for trial.

Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:47 pm
Group 1 winner

And back up the same three files before trial and your covered for misclicks. I back up my export files after I make any sort of changes.

Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:54 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
I don’t get that and I have been going back for ages and ages. You do of course get potential development from racing so a horse retired directly to stud will never look like the same horse would if it had raced, even when matured, but they breed to what they could become not what they are so it does not matter. I race and breed my stud horses but only so they get group wins and are attractive to game trainers, but also too much unrealised potential is not idea on both sides.

There is also no logic in what you say, since you not going backwards in actual fact or reversing or recreating, your just playing an earlier game version and the code is fixed at the point you left it, so what your saying does not make sense to me? I assume all you do is switch the three export files between the two games when you go back?

I assume you also know in some cases between two iterations of the same game the same horse can develop differently.

As for exports I tend to keep around 300-350 at all times as my trial sheet stock. When batch exporting this can increase to anything from 500-1000 depending on how many I bring through for trial.

Oh so it doesn't happen to u game, i will have to keep a eye out again when i next play the game. Not sure when that wlll be, im coming of covid island :lol:

Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:58 pm
Group 1 winner

It’s really rare for something to get better, as such. I have messed with this a little, makes no difference how often you race them for example. I tend to think every horse has a maximum potential it will reach, some don’t make it no matter what you do, but not giving them enough exposure in their 2 and 3 year old years, particularly, will hinder their development to that maximum. Same likely true for the 5yo spurt the combined game horses get. So if you went back and did not race them as 2yo’s for example then yes expect them to be worse horses when they are three. And you cannot back end it by racing them more when they are older.

As for export differences the degrees of freedom here are wider, when you export can make a big difference and condition, race stamina etc but this is more of a headache for the few manual trainers out there.

Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:30 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]