View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:18 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Good Luck 
Group 1 winner

Post Good Luck
Good Luck everyone for the season ahead.

And a special welcome to Matt Cooper99 who I beleive is our only rookie trainer this season, nice to see a new face and with a full team. Just remember league success is hard won, most of us have been doing this for a long time now and your first season is always a baptism of fire as you make the transition from being successful in the game to sucessful in the league, in my first season I did not even come close to a win on the flat and only managed two low grade handicap wins on the NH all season. So do not be disheartened if your early results do not go as expected, the first few weeks can be especially brutal for a new trainer as you face off against the best horses from the best stables before the handicaps come on in force, your basically racing in G1's when entering early season maidens.

Please ask any questions you have on the forums, the players here are a generally very helpful bunch, everything from breeding tips to team composition and how to improve upon what you have. So welcome again, I wish you every success for the season ahead and hope you have a few winners, get the bug and stick with it, the challenge of the league will far outweigh anything you will experience in the solo game.

Josh

Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:23 pm
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Good Luck
Good luck everyone.

Only played 3 seasons since last season so not expecting much

Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:01 pm
Group 1 winner

Best of luck everyone not much improvement from mine since last season

started a new game and new project as felt as I had got as far as I could with my
american game

Best of luck to Matt Cooper99

Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:11 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

pjrhodes1970 wrote:
Best of luck everyone not much improvement from mine since last season

started a new game and new project as felt as I had got as far as I could with my
american game

Best of luck to Matt Cooper99

Shame Dreyden Van Dyck has not returned, very entertaining and impressive dirt horse, with an all or nothing attitude

Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
started a new game and new project as felt as I had got as far as I could with my american game

Think you have to do that when you know you have taken it as far as you can, I recently switched to America from my Aussie game for the same reasons. Pretty sure I am better this season though likely still not with the top flat boys yet, but the pieces are all in place in this game so its just time to polish off the lines, I hope.

Do wish I went to the UK though, think they have a slight advantage in the home tracks over the other regions.

Josh

Sat Nov 05, 2022 9:34 pm
Group 1 winner

Githyanki wrote:
Quote:
started a new game and new project as felt as I had got as far as I could with my american game

Think you have to do that when you know you have taken it as far as you can, I recently switched to America from my Aussie game for the same reasons. Pretty sure I am better this season though likely still not with the top flat boys yet, but the pieces are all in place in this game so its just time to polish off the lines, I hope.

Do wish I went to the UK though, think they have a slight advantage in the home tracks over the other regions.

Josh

My Aussie sprinters have wiped the floor with my American breds and even covering them sprinters
with a good 10f gamebred first batch of milers are up with my american bred milers and won't be long until
they take over

Taken 136 seasons in OZ but starting to shine now I doubt it will be the same at every distance but
a bit of a game changer for me

Oh and not one of the new aussie breds are over 95% potential 3YO's some are high 80s so the potential
bar not hugely important

Mon Nov 07, 2022 11:04 am
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I never cracked 100% in my Aussie game either. Had a few make it as 4yo’s once the update came into play. 136 seasons…. You have been busy :) my US barn is only at 41, heck my NH is only 120.

Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:22 pm
Group 1 winner

I dont know how u lot do it , i tried to start again and after 5 seasons i gave up i just couldn't do it :lol:

After 50 seasons of my main game i spilt it into a 6 furlong to a 1m2 game and a 1m4+ game and whatever i get out of them then so be it. I can still get a bit of improvement out of them and i'll see if it ends up good enough.

Mon Nov 07, 2022 5:37 pm
Selling plater

Cheers all only just registered had tried a few months but didn’t work. Been lurking on the forum for the better part of a year. Have played a few versions of the game over the years. I guessed it might’ve hard to get established in the league looks like I was right.

Sat Nov 12, 2022 10:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]