View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Retirements 
Selling plater

Post Retirements
Are we allowing any during the break? I know you didn’t last season but just wanted to check. Obviously I filled both of my stables as being a newcomer I had no idea which would be any good!

Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:35 pm
Handicapper

Post Re: Retirements
I think we were doing the same this season and not having any retirements, was told otherwise, unless people think we should, maybe have a poll? not really sure if anybody is bothered either way.

Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:16 pm
Group 2 winner

cherzo2015 wrote:
I think we were doing the same this season and not having any retirements, was told otherwise, unless people think we should, maybe have a poll? not really sure if anybody is bothered either way.

I think initially the no retirements was an experiment a couple of seasons ago. The plan being to see how people felt at the end of season. Then last season was a bit under subscribed and we actually got to enter 5 extra NH horses because numbers were low. Then with all the delays at the start of this season and Gray and Leon being ill it got missed.

I am guessing most people thought no retirements otherwise why leave spaces in your stable.

I have no objections to retirements but maybe unfair on those who didnt fill up the slots.

Maybe allow it for trainers with less than a certain number of wins to help keep their interest up and vote on bringing them back for all next season

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Wed Dec 21, 2022 1:54 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Maybe allow it for trainers with less than a certain number of wins to help keep their interest up and vote on bringing them back for all next season

Wholeheartedly agree with this, it certainly should not be for trainers like me to get stronger. How about 5 wins or less and you can have up to five retirements.

In general, going forward, I think rather than a blanket return of them, this would also be more beneficial for the league, I personally would rather run them for a season now, a good horse is more than capable of running 6 bad races before a G1 win in the league so I’d rather let them play out the season.

Josh

Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:40 am
Handicapper

Githyanki wrote:
Quote:

Wholeheartedly agree with this, it certainly should not be for trainers like me to get stronger. How about 5 wins or less and you can have up to five retirements.

I don't know how to implement that, it is either Retirements on or off

Sun Dec 25, 2022 7:56 am
Selling plater

Was there a decision either way?

No worries if it’s a no

Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:26 pm
Handicapper

They are off, too late now anyway and i tried turning them on and didn't work, so just kept with the previous choice

Mon Jan 02, 2023 9:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]