View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 NH This Season 
Group 1 winner

Post NH This Season
We should maybe now start to discuss what happens when we start getting a load of match races and probably a walk over or two. Fields are already tiny, this will only get worse in the handicaps.

Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:21 am
Group 2 winner

Post Re: NH This Season
Githyanki wrote:
We should maybe now start to discuss what happens when we start getting a load of match races and probably a walk over or two. Fields are already tiny, this will only get worse in the handicaps.

Alex, Gray and myself will be keeping an eye on this over the first few weeks. Hopefully some more horses will be uploaded this week.

For week 1 we had 331 NH horses registered for 39 races (to be honest it isn't much better on the flat with only 395 despite there being more trainers). With handicap marks taken into account it is likely that we will get many undersubscribed races and I can see a mix of large fields and very small fields.

The handicappers job is going to be very difficult. It is going to be vital that we don't get horses rating too high and be ineligible for the lower handicap races. It is also going to be important for the trainers of lower rated horses to enter them realistically although I can understand everyone wants to run in the big races.

There is a possibility that if people enter sensibly and the handicappers don't over rate good horses that the small field may spread the wins out more evenly. It will just be a case of seeing how it gores for first few weeks I think but there will likely have to be some changes.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:44 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Was anything done for 4m chasers or is it the usual a few utterly unsuitable races and the daft handicap restriction that means they cannot run anything shorter? Even got a 140 rating cap on the Velka............

Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:59 pm
Group 1 winner

Like i said to Martin the break between seasons is not helping the League has trainers go off as we know the Forum dies a Death between online League seasons and all we get is Spammers.
This Season should end Feb i think so8 wont be out until at least some time next year A short 4/5 week Break. Then have another SO7 League should Start if that means more returning horses thats ok with me.

Small fields are a pain 3 horse flat race how am i going to handicap that Top Trainer wins it ? Middle Trainer Second Newbie tailed off 3rd You will have to give Handicappers some space foe two or Three weeks before complaints please lmao.

Can some trainers if Possible fill up they Stables this would help even if you think they are donkeys have 30 not 20 would help fill fields otherwise like what was said above we will have Void Races.

Gray

Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:58 am
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Well I'll be having a few hcappers in the window so I'll fill a few up

Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:13 am
Group 1 winner

Less weeks or less races or both.

Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:57 am
Group 2 winner

I deleted all my jumps games in a clear out, as I just couldn't get into it. Think I'll start one now and try an get some h'capers in for the second half of the season

Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:03 am
Group 1 winner

We could increase stable sizes if needed. Let me know and I can do this.

Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:12 pm
Group 2 winner

kniesh wrote:
I deleted all my jumps games in a clear out, as I just couldn't get into it. Think I'll start one now and try an get some h'capers in for the second half of the season

Flat horses can make hurdlers Vinny. i always do well with my 4yo hurdlers and they are always flat horses that have never seen a hurdle in the game. Chasing might be a bit shaky but they can hurdle ok.

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Group 2 winner

Thanks, I'll see if anything can make it from my flat game.

I've just found my old mixed game that I split. This has all my old Jumps horses after the split, ready to go. Sorting that out now, should have some done for the break now hopefully. Helps I need a long break from my flay games now

Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:30 pm
Selling plater

If flat horses can make hurdlers, I'm happy to throw in some random horses if this will help.

Let me know if you want? It would just be the longer distance horses

Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:19 am
Group 1 winner

As a simple rule of thumb, if they look good on paper, but don’t have excessive speed or cruise, have average or better jumping and usually, but not always, poor form on the flat they maybe jumpers. 50%+ enthusiasm is a nice to have also as is a line that holds potential to 6yo (though I have never had one to challenge my 8yo NH game) Trial if you can, 4yo hurdle most likely to yield success.

Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:02 am
Selling plater

No rush to enter any more horses. Don’t want you guys nicking all the 5th places I’m picking up. I’m aiming for 100 combined.

Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:00 pm
Handicapper

Is there another upload window this season, or just this evening and then no more?

Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:32 pm
Group 2 winner

There's another, either before, or after week 7 I think

Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next