View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
 Season 15 Trainers Post Race Discussion and Thoughts 
Group 2 winner

Post Season 15 Trainers Post Race Discussion and Thoughts
Trainers, place your post race thoughts and opinions in this thread either daily or weekly to keep them all together. (I will sticky it so it stays near the top once I have figured out how to do it !)

e-mail: martinleedham@yahoo.co.uk

Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Selling plater

Post Re: Season 15 Trainers Post Race Discussion and Thoughts
My first thoughts are wow my horses are rubbish straight back to reality :lol:

I don't really play the game seriously so was silly to expect my horses to run well week 1. But every one of my runners finishing near last was disappointing :(.

I will still crack on and try win some low level handicaps. still fun to be had!

Paul
:)

Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:08 pm
Group 2 winner

pnf123 wrote:

I don't really play the game seriously so was silly to expect my horses to run well week 1. But every one of my runners finishing near last was disappointing :(.

I will still crack on and try win some low level handicaps. still fun to be had!

Paul

Definitely stick with it. The races this week you would be up against all the best horses in the league. Don't let that get you down, once they get into handicaps, they will at least start giving you a run for your money. Have fun plotting the races for them an plotting a win here an there.

Any advice on improving just ask on here, there'll be plenty willing to help out with advice

Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:04 pm
Selling plater

My first race week in the League was a good start.

Would have only been better with a win, but 7 placings and a few in group races. Need Vinny to let us know which races he isn't entering to give the rest of us a chance haha.

I was correct the middle distances would be my best area. With Dilly Focus, Lavish Flame and Jaws. Surprised by Purple Flame poor performance.

Sabre Five and Swift Focus were disappointing but hopefully it was only 1 run.

Knew my longer horses weren't great and it showed. Hopefully by chance it was they all had an off week but i doubt it.

Surprised my sprinters weren't up for it. Thought Bean and Back Racer were solid but maybe it's solid verse the rest of my donkeys.

Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:06 am
Selling plater

pnf123 wrote:

Paul

Hi Paul,

Just look around the forums, a few good breeding posts. Also there is a post were I just asked questions every time I couldn't work something out. Everyone is very helpful and would rather help everyone go well.

Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:09 am
Group 3 winner

Great to have the league back up and running and enjoyed week 1 with 6 winners

First Battle by First Team in Galway Hurdle, Nice G2 Win hopefully more the same in Morgiana Hurdle, Stablemate First to dance 7th should be better over faster ground
Team Captain another by First Team - in Jenny Pitman Maiden Expected a big run been trialing well, Main Supreme Hope
Last Word - by The Last Word and First In - breed for 2m but seems to be better over 2m4 - Nice win in Hurricane Run Maiden - Hatton Grace early main target now
Movielights - Nice win in Dolores Purcell Novice Hurdle off to Chepstow for Persian War Novices Hurdle next now, my main horse for 2m4/5 Novice hurdle races
Flying Chance - winning Mike Westy Maiden,My Golden Miller Novice Chase hope,off to France next for the 2m5 G1 not sure on the 2m5 but will give it ago
World Stage - by World class -winning Leon Van Rensburg Maiden , Trialing well at 2m5 to 3m ,he will go to france for the 2m5 G1 too next then likely the RSA at Cheltenham

Other horses that ran well at graded level

Lady Bolt 2nd in New York Turf Chase G3
Rule Supreme 2nd in The Lonesome Glory Hurdle G1
World Party 2nd and Music World 3rd ran well in Galway Plate G2

Disappointing horses this week

My Gold Cup horses Mallorca Dream and Pop World i shouldnt of talked them up lol

Thanks Everyone running the league

Well Done everyone with winners and placers

Mon Nov 20, 2023 2:04 pm
Group 1 winner

How many 2nd in a week does it take to piss off a national hunt trainer?………………..6 it takes fecking 6….

Mon Nov 20, 2023 4:31 pm
Group 3 winner

Well happy with how my two horses ran , hopefully get a bit of time to breed some new ones before chrimbo.

Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:52 am
Group 3 winner

I see there's a james Harrison in the league this year , is it the same one from years ago.

Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:12 pm
Group 1 winner

I presume so, especially as the quality of the horses does not look like a rookie.

Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:31 am
Selling plater

Hi Guys,

Its been a while (6 years? :lol: )

The league looks to be in a better place these days with more of a variety of trainers winning and winning distances shorter.

My horses aren't anything special this year. My milers are really good but the rest are crap, a couple of decent NH horses but mostly handicappers.

Good to be back!

Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:44 am
Group 1 winner

Good to see you back.

Josh

Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:25 pm
Selling plater

3 winners for the week. Great result
Starting to work out where my horses are, so can pick races a little better.
Lavish Flame needs to find a race without one of Vinny's horse and maybe not drawn so wide.
Was happy to see Back Racer and Purple Flame gets wins, had some hope of these horses so hopefully can step up the grade.

Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:00 pm
Group 2 winner

Quieter week for me in week 2, with a lot of the main horses unable to race. 21 wins over 2 weeks has me a little shocked. I apologise for Santa Rosa Verity running in the Lincoln, it was one race I hadn't won but come close so wanted to have a go. I've made sure none are entered in the H'caps this week.

So far the big surprise for me is Yonkers Argie. 2 from 2 now, with an 8L victory in a maiden, followed up by a group1 win. This horse was uploaded so last minute that he was my only horse not on my stable tour. He wasn't meant to be uploaded at all after the trials, but I found my stable 1 short, so threw him in.

Big disappointment this season has been my 6f horses so far. Expected big things from Xingren Minstrel after changing all my sprinters running styles, seemingly without altering the quality. They still seem to be coming up just short though unfortunately. If you discount Fujin Cold winning the Dubai 6f Sprint, he will likely struggle on straight tracks

Thanks to everyone for keeping the league moving. All doing a great job

Thu Nov 23, 2023 4:26 pm
Group 3 winner

having a lot more good results in the first 2 weeks then ever before
really happy with flat team and got a winner on the jumps
thanks to all staff those who took part

Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 198 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next