View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 STABLE ONLINE TOUR 2023 
Group 1 winner

Post STABLE ONLINE TOUR 2023
STABLE TOUR

NH - Some new Recruits to look forward to seems though my weak Horse'smight be my 2Mile Chasers some returning horses i am looking forward to.

CHASERS

Tower Amlets - My best Gold Cup Hope and wouldn't mind Good Ground come the Festival Ran second inn the recent Trials at Compeigne can make the odd mistake and is always in the frontline.

Stitchintime - 2M 4F Chaser Placed Second four times in a Eight Race Novice Career 2nd in Grade 2 Novice Chase should be Compitive off 129 rating now a 7YO might make a maiden chase entry in Week1.

Black Bess -2m 4F Novice Chaser Should be Competive has the same ability has Stitchintime.

Bring Me Luck - 3M Chaser Doesn't seem to stay Gold Cup Distance but has showen In trials to hold his form well from 2m6f to 3Miles very hopeful he can pick up some decent grade races.

HURDLERS

Again my 2mile NH horses dont seem to be anything Special.

2M Juv Goodtime Girl - winner at 3yo on the flat started off in 2yo races now at 4yo my best Juvenle in Trials but didn't have to beat much has last seasons Juvenlie was about the same in trials but i like to have a Juvenile in my Team.

2m Hurdler Diamond Geezer Placed 5th in the truimph Hurdle has a Juvenile makes a return has a 7yo after long Absence could do well in decent 2m Handicaps. Baltic Sunrise Returns has a 6yo also maybe well Handicap.

2m 4F North Of Watford looks to have plenty to like about him likes Firm and even Heavy Ground seems in my Trials some horse's that like firm also rans well on Heavy Ground hopeful he can take in Grade races.

In all after missing weeks of Last season Due to Health problems i am hopeful the Stable can get back to having a good Jump Season one horse i think is better than its Current Mark is the Hunter Jardines Lookout and hopefully show me my 2Mile Chasers are better than i Think.

FLAT

My Flat team are mostly Handicappers and it will be the Stayers again that will be my best Horse's with some having a third Season but a couple of Newbies will push the oldies Close.

Top of my List is a horse that will try and win the Prix Du Cadran for the third season in a Row.

Highbury In October 2m 4f - Ran only 4 times last season missing the Ascot Gold cup but returned to winning when winning the Prix Du Cadran for the second time and hopeful of completing a hat-trick of wins in the race might Ean in the Dubai Gold Cup has trialed well from 2m to 2m 4f.

Daernrys Stormborn 2M 2F - Another horse running for the third season in a row won 3 times and collecting the Group 2 Doncaster Cup if first Season only win last seascon was in the Betfred Cesarewitch But has maintain her ability and niw seems to stay further.

Zafonic Belle - Also comes back for the third time last season was a washout with no wins but won 3 times has a 3yo winning the Labrokes Marathon looked better than ever in the Trials and now well handicapped Chester Cup will be the target.

Both Jumping Bean and Hes Finally Gone Boris are sound stayers with Jumping Bean seemingly all showing up over Extreme distance over 2m 4f so the Queen Alexandra is mostly Likely the Target at Ascot.

The Yard has few Moderate horses over other distances but i think they will be mostly Handicappers

Gray

Sun Nov 05, 2023 10:38 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Group 3 winner

Post Re: STABLE ONLINE TOUR 2023
not played in months but a few horses i like
vertigo 1m hoping good things from this great 1m horse
space oddity great in trials fingers crossed now as a 4yo hoping for a good season 1m2
the beast monster no more can be said hopefull hope this one lives up to his name 1m4
non blondes great 2yo tidy 1m2
Catcher Omine going in g1 races 6f
Dereks White Orchid will win a race lol any distance :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Colourbearer Brook 3yo trialed well
1st season ever i did not have a jump stable
not played in ages and only did flat season only but play well over 120 seasons and the breeding bars started to decrease maybe my fault or the game but not going to start a new game no way so heres my hopes
tried flat horses over the jumps and they was terrible
Del

Last edited by delmonty1964 on Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Nov 09, 2023 12:34 am
Selling plater

Not had a runner in the league since seasons 10/11 where i somehow got a g1 over hurdles still watch the video back a few times a year.

As per previous seasons most my horses will likely be low level types my goal would be all of my 8 horses to get a win each.

Sun Quest is probably my best 2yr old hopefully can get a win over 7f/1m
Perfect Echo another 2yr old better over 5-7f same story get a win is the goal.
Equinox i think is a decent 12f-14f 3yr old but i have no idea that's what makes the 1st week exciting.

GL all and thanks to the people keeping it going over the years.

Paul

:)

Thu Nov 09, 2023 2:18 pm
Group 3 winner

pnf123 wrote:
Not had a runner in the league since seasons 10/11 where i somehow got a g1 over hurdles still watch the video back a few times a year.

As per previous seasons most my horses will likely be low level types my goal would be all of my 8 horses to get a win each.

Sun Quest is probably my best 2yr old hopefully can get a win over 7f/1m
Perfect Echo another 2yr old better over 5-7f same story get a win is the goal.
Equinox i think is a decent 12f-14f 3yr old but i have no idea that's what makes the 1st week exciting.

GL all and thanks to the people keeping it going over the years.

Paul

:)

Good Luck Paul
enjoy

Fri Nov 10, 2023 12:57 am
Handicapper

Only found out 4 days ago that the season is starting, so mad rush to get something in just to be a part of it again after a few years off.
Majority of my horses are gamebreds, so if i get 1 win i'll be happy.
Thanks to everyone that contributes to this league happening, pleased to be back.

Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:21 am
Selling plater

I was unsure if adding to this or a separate post. Happy to move Gray if you wish.

First, thanks to everyone for the help and answering all my question. Ended up putting too much time into this.
Remember watching the first League trails and thinking that was ok but maybe wasting time, then week 2 top got a horse in the top 5.

I have no clue how I will go but I'm excited at least for the first few weeks.

My horses come from 2 stables, first my Uk one where I lost interest after losing 3 seasons so started an Aussie one. All 2 year olds are from what is left of my UK save after I deleted half the exports last week. Aussie horse have never compared at 2. Rest are a mix, including my "purple' line which only popped up this week with 2 horses , Purple Hero, and Purple Life, only yesterday.

Horses to watch (maybe) - based on League trails I think 9 and 10 furlongs is where I'm best.

Lavish Flame - Will race mile to 1m4. Is very consistent and likes to lead. Is the sire of Purple Flame

Purple Flame - One set of my trails was winning by 2, but next time that was closer. Went the 4 yr version over 3 yr, but was a tough call. Has just started producing his line this week.

Dilly Focus - One of my first good horses, is great over the odd distance of 9f, but is solid give or take. Sire of Swift Focus

Hurricane Hero - First good horse from Aussie save and is in most lines now. Beat my horses from League trails so interested to watch.

Homeboy Patch - 2m plus, I'm more interested in this one as he is my best over that distance but most have spoken about this being a strength. Wouldn't be surprised if is no good against the League also.

Good luck to everyone and once again thanks for all the help.

Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:55 am
Group 3 winner

Excited by my chasers more this season, I've put a lot of work in with my chasers and also breed a lot with my horse World Class
named after seeing his bars
Won King George, Irish Gold Cup, Lexus Stakes, and 4th in the Gold Cup last season, May run again this season in gold cup may like the trip more at 8yo

Horses from World Class

Mallorca Dream /dam Majorca G1 league winner - I like her a lot she reminds me of world-class she will run from 3m-3m2
Pop World - She Will run from 3m1 to 3m5 best prob over 3m2-3m3

it will be a tough choice to pick 2 for the gold cup this season with these 3 and actually, there is even horse Good Queen that is decent over 3m2 too
Suppose great options to have this season

World Party - Great horse will run in Galway Plate then all 3m Graded races then onto Ryanair Chase
Music World - Galway Plate then will run at 2m5 then onto Ryanair Chase
World Stage -/(Dam Artistic Rose League Ryanair Chase winner) Like World Party will run from 2m5/3m but novice races
Her World - Nice horse will mostly run at 3m novice races maybe 2m5 too

Other chasers I like

Chance to Shine - by Fontmort - my Arkle Hope
Seeking the Stars - 2 G1 last season back for Champion Chase
Game Winner - by Game on - Tingle Creek and Champion Chase hope
Flying Chance - Golden Miller Novice Chase hope

Feel I've improved my hurdlers

2m

First To Dance by First In Champion Bumper Winner -Champion Hurdle Hope
First Battle by First Team for champion hurdle hope and also the option of First Up by first strike on faster ground
Team Captain for Supreme another by First Team and In The Fast lane by moviestar and the last word if faster ground

2m4

Last word breed for 2m by First in and The Last word but trialing well at 2m2/2m4
Rule Supreme from 2m3/2m4 likes all grounds and Beach Breeze my main Mares Hurdle hope
Movielights seems most consistent for 2m5 novice hurdle but Alcudia will run big race on his day

Nothing new that great at the 3m hurdle so Long Beach is back

Good luck Everyone looking forward to another season

Last edited by David1uk on Sun Nov 12, 2023 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Nov 12, 2023 1:50 am
Group 2 winner

Little tour of mine. My games are all split now from last season mixed game I used. Besides my sprinters, who are still from my very original SO7 game. Almost all my horses are now descendants from Osaka Play at some point, even one sprinter who was somehow bred from my middle distance games. Osaka Play himself was a horse that won group1s at 2, 3, an 4 in the League. Splitting my game so he was in every distance game seemed to do me some good

Sprinters

5f - Seemed to have improved the distance well, time will tell, but a lot of front runners now

Yunfu Hope and Wuchang Surprise - Very little between these 2, Yunfu hope is actually the mother of Wuchang Surprise. Both bred from Beijing Respect on both sides breeding

6f - All changed from hold up horses to front running this season, hoping to have kept the quality too in the breeding, should have as all from the same previous league horses

Xingren Minstral - From my original sprint game. Bred to be more of a 5f horse. Hoping the front running style finally gets my sprinters back to challenging

Xingtai Mayhem - Impeccably bred From my original sprint game. One of the first few good horses I bred to be good with a higher cruise burst. Always struggled to get this into my lines. Big hopes

Fujin Cold - weirdly bred from 2 middle distance horses in a game I don't even trial sprinters. This was just after the start of the last league season, and he still easily gets into my league team. Front running style I'm hoping helps with the league races.

Milers

3yo - Yuma Genes and Yonkers Strikes Not expecting a great deal from these. They have improved, but hopeful more than expecting.

Older -

Colorado Mistral - Bred from Fujin Cold, the sprinter bred from middle distance horses. By far my best 1m horse, but she does like to come with a late rattle, always seems to prove a struggle in the league

Colorado Fudge - Another Bred from Fujin Cold, , with Memphis Potential who was a multi group1 winner in the league last season on its other side. Big improvements on last seasons milers, my 4yo's seem a lot better than my 3yo's. Could be in the mix

Santa Rosa Verity - Bred from Memphis Potential who was a 1m4 horse. Won a trial and looks very good, however, again may struggle on the easier front running tracks

Middle Distance - Much improved in last seasons league after Memphis Potential took my lines to a new level with 100 potential. Osaka Play was the Grand Sire to that, and played a massive part in my league team.

1m2
Oklahoma Chosen - Does really well in big fields on straight tracks. Still good in my trials on the other tracks still does well, but a different story coming from last in the league. Sired by Anaheim Gille who won a couple of group1 last season in the league. Grand Sire is Costa Messa Coming who was my best 1m2 horse in the league

Springfield Clan - A lot of Osaka Play an Memphis Potential in the breeding here. Not the best of my 1m2 horses, but sometimes when transferred to league races they surprise

Sacramento Montceau - Bred from a 2mile horse, but again Grand Sire is Memphis Potential. This is my favourite 1m2 horse, even though he only got in as 3rd best in the league. Has the spectacular in him more than the others, however may end up inconsistent with the hold up tactics at play.

1m4

Lufeng Privacy - Derby Hopeful, closely related to the winner of last seasons winner. Lot of Memphis in this one. Hopeful as not much better than last seasons horses

Palmdale Greed - All similar breeding, she really does finish her races strongly. Hopeful she doesn't get too detached in her races. Could be a big Oaks player though

1m4 Older

Santa Rosa Fruit - My best 1m4 horse in trials by quite a bit. Very hopeful she'll be right up there with the Arc as the main target

Springfield Glorious - Very close to SR Fruit in talent. Just lacked a bit on a few tracks in the trials. Seems slightly better at the speedier tracks, so will have chances in those races more than the Arc etc.

Ypsilanti Malyoon - (Sorry martin) Bred from a lot of group 1 winners in the league, at least 5 different ones. Only 3rd best over 1m4 in my trials, an barely scraped in. However I feel the league may suit it a lot more than the others, an could be a surprise package

Stayers - 2m horses been my best for the last few seasons. On for a hat trick in the Melbourne Cup and this seasons stayers have improved again

Leger Horse - Chicksaw Nova, hopeful in the Leger, flopped completely last season in this, despite ending up being right up there in all the other big races. Hopeful again

2m
Rocky Mount Ocean - Again bred from Osaka Play an Memphis Potential. Big improvement on last seasons 2m horses who seemed pretty good. High hopes again

Gainesville Shopper - Only got in to the league team as she does well at 2, 2m2, an 2m4 in trials. Likely to be tried as a Gold Cup horse, but may end up over 2m-2m2. May regret not just putting a straight up 2m horse in.

2m4
Santa Rosa Monkey - My first real contender for the Gold Cup, always struggled with this distance before, but very hopeful she can at least challenge

Poss superstar - Xingren Minstrel/Rocky Mount Ocean

Poss surprise - Ypsilanti Malyoon

Sorry for the waffle, but as always, I enjoy looking back on these at the end of the season to see how far out I was

Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:26 am
Selling plater

Post Welcome to Crossways Lodge
ImageWELCOME TO CROSSWAYS LODGE

Well, finally...

It's been 17 years since I last took part in SOPL. And I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth back into it.

The yards best results historically came from 2yo, The Minstrel, winner of the Grimcrack Stakes, and then Twenty Ten also won the Welsh Grand National, bringing the trophy home to Wales.

I remember as a teenager at the time being extremely excited watching those two victories. I am hoping now that I am in my 30s that with a little more experience and patience under my belt that I can be even more successful.

I'm under no illusions though that the first season will be a learning curve, so I'm not going to worry too much around this first season back results. It's more a season to build on.

But the important fact is that we are back! And so are the familiar Morgan red & yellow colours that Sam Morshead & Reg Crank wore on Stans Pride in races such as the 1985 Champion Hurdle. The same colours that Steve Drowne, Royston Ffrench, Tom Siddall and Iona Wands wore as Clytha Hill Lad would take 4 wins and a 2nd in 5 races in 1997. The same colours Annijaz would represent under then new apprentice jockey and future World Champion Ryan Moore taking a win at Yarmouth in 2003, and later that year Keith Dalgleish would win on her twice more that same year at Redcar and Doncaster.

Here is my stable summery...

INTRODUCING THE 2YOS...
There are some real shining lights, and many in my view exist in my 2yo crop of horses. Out of all of them I expect Emilio Ross to go the better of the bunch. This one trialled especially well even as a horse expected to travel over 1m, besting all my sprinters over a 5 furlong distance, very interested to see how he runs. He was challenged however by fellow 2yo filly Jacks Sila who has shown great potential in launching a challenge in the trials against his stable companion. Very likely these two will be ran together most races - though Jacks is favoured over 1m 2f.
Another exciting 2yo is filly Fascination Soapbox who has shown a grand level of consistency, finishing in the top 3 consistently over an extremely busy trial period. And same can be said for frequent pace setter Water Garden who like Soapbox, excels over sprint distance despite bred to carry 1m 2f.

INTRODUCING THE 3YOS...
While the 2yos are expecting to take centre stage in our yard. We do have solid representation within our 3yos, with trials displaying impressive performance from filly Furnish Luisa who came out of nowhere. There has also been a strong showing from stable companion Everandmore, the fellow filly who has bested Furnish Luisa on the gallops, could yet bring home something special. One of the largest shocks though from my point of view has to be Sloe Loges, a 3yo filly that has ultimately been my most impressive over shorter distances despite bred to fulfil expectations over 1 mile, there is some serious pace there. But we won't get too excited until we settle into the action.

INTRODUCING THE 4YOS...
Only two horses in our 4yo lineup. Hooplah Norveginne may fair ok over moderate handicaps, though wins might be a little too much to ask. She has been bested on the gallops during trial phase against colt Oldrik Nerja, whom despite both being bred with lineage strong over 1m 1f seems better over a slightly longer distance. Will take a view...

INTRODUCING THE 5YOS...
Some interesting 5yos have lined up for us in the yard. Starting off with the filly Bustamante, a horse that left me with quite a conundrum. I wasn't sure whether to introduce her as a 3yo or 4yo. But she vastly shone every other horse as a 5yo, so it made sense for her to join us at this point. We also have two colts that were bred to race over 1m 1f, named Camara and Seaview Blitz. Unsure how they will all perform competitively, but we will enjoy the show regardless.

So that's a base overview of what we have to offer! Excited to be getting stuck in again.

Lets see if we can make history!

Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:38 am
Group 1 winner

Just finished my breeding for the transfer window and i've got to admit it was fun starting from scratch, it was a fun challenge. :D

Most of them will be just 100-120 rated horses but most of them are front runners so i'll have fun with them. My game has struggled to breed 2m chasers and hurdlers, just not the good horses to breed to. I breed to 4 game stallions to start the game and when they left i breed to their best sons, it was fun doing it that way. Sadly after 20 seasons now the game stallions are not good enough so its down to my stallions to make them better . Hopefully we'll get another season in and I'll have another go and getting better.

These are my best.

Whaat Fettle is my best long distance horse, hopefully he's good enough to run well in the national. And he's a front runner :D

Shatarah should run well in decent h'caps, hopefully good enough to run in the gold cup.

Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:50 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]