View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Observations 
Group 1 winner

Post Re: Observations
I am aware of that stat in the editor, but since there is nothing to tell me what it might be on a horse to horse basis I pay it no mind and instead export based on the line, so when I know when the horse has peaked on what I can see. In practical terms, the game your playing will also play a part but my export times are as follows:

Flat

My U.K. and US games age around the same, it’s all boxed in one year, so exports are always done towards the end of the season after they have had their 5 races. There is no exact date since as a manual trainer I need to make sure they have had enough rest time to restore their condition and then more time to get them fit for export. It’s usually around 2mths rest a month to get fit and at least one or two more months to get my rule of 7 max fitness tick. So normally I need them raced out around June, start to get them fit around September and export from them until the end of the season, normally takes about a month to get them all the way I want them.

NH

I have a few NH lines who peak at 7, but they are still better at 8, and as my U.K. nh games age mid season, I export them all at the start of the 8/9yo season. I also try and ensure they are raced in both ages once they are past 6. Again manual training, it takes about a month to get them fit, so I am exporting from around the end of September early October up until the end of that season. I then start them back in training at the start of December so I can export them again at 9 as soon as possible. It’s line dependent at 9 some drop potential, some don’t but I normally aim to export them on the 1st or the 7th, I don’t do the rule of 7 days at 9 since the deterioration can be rapid at 9 so I want them with as high potential as possible and am less bothered by the 100% fitness. So yes I am trying to get a copy of the 8yo version but in my experience they are always worse if the line starts to fall away at 9. Those that hold potential through 9 and or 10, tend to trade better jumping for a loss of speed even if statistically speaking they are about the same.

Clear as mud? :)

Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:46 pm
Group 2 winner

My flat horses are exported after 4 runs in either late July to mid August. I start running them in mid April with the first runs coming around the Dubai festival giving them about 30 days between each run. They usually get 1 more run after Royal Ascot, then a 25 day break, then export. I have done a lot of exporting 25 days after their Ascot runs, so a little earlier with 1 less run, an it didn't seem to make much difference.

In terms of exporting on an individual horses 'peak month'. I think after a while, whatever month you export early on in your game, will become your stables peak month. Just because the horses peaking in those months ( if it has any effect) will be the ones doing best in your trials, so the ones you use going forward.

Occasionally I will give my 3yo's another run after exporting my 4yo's in the hope they strengthen a bit more later in the year. I don't think this has ever helped me much either, same with 2yo's. All my league horses on the flat currently have been exported as 'export all' on the same date, an I don't think it's made much difference

Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:15 am
Selling plater

Lets all admit the hardest part is naming so many horses.

I've gotten a little lazy but it seems to work well enough for the time save. In my Aussie save I, don't race any in December, make sure all are fit (not injured) and mass export early Jan after the stat upgrade. Maybe I should play around with later in the season but the time saved with the mass export has been amazing.

Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:18 am
Group 1 winner

Australian flat saves are weird as you pass the year point but they don't age until the end of the game season. I used to do mine after the year turn but later than January, game has long since been deleted but there are still horses in my team from that game.

Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:08 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Lets all admit the hardest part is naming so many horses.

Actually the hard part is having multiple games, forgetting you used a name, using it again and then replacing the already exported horse with the same name...........Lost a cracking 1m horse doing that once and there have likely been others.

I use themes for my names, NH all chasers are 'The' something all National types 'National' something, though I am running out of the somethings. Hurdlers tend to be something 'of' something or named for a race so 'World' or 'Champion' or just consistent with the line name from sire or mare. Makes identification at trial easier and I dont waste time trialing a chaser over hurdles (gets more complicated when I breed hybrids).

Flat can be anything from books, movies, expressions, cool single words etc but often I leave myself clues about the horse too for breeding. In my team this year 'Land of the Mad' has Quirks. 'Shes Still Broken' lacks some core elements like consistency, 'Breaks My Heart To See' had everything I wanted apart from the 100% potential indicator. Makes it a little easier..........

Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:27 pm
Selling plater

I use my favorite music bands as a base each year, and name the keepers after songs. Then I know what year I am looking at, when I see the name.

“Jeez, REMs, you guys stink. Except for you, Losing My Religion.”
“Alan Parsons Projects, I give up. I hate you, Eye In The Sky - of course you turn into Seabiscuit when I sell you off.”
“Def Leppards rule! Good luck in the Prix de l’Arc, Rock Of Ages!!” - he finished 10th….
“Duran Durans, unite! Bring it home, Ordinary World!”

No shortage of name possibilities (and really weird cheers) there.

Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:06 pm
Group 1 winner

Whilst waiting to see if anyone will run Day 3 so I can comm :wink: I'm just reading through, Josh what is "7 max fitness tick" you mention above.
Thanx

Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:23 pm
Group 1 winner

Lordedaw wrote:
As there seem to be a lot of knowledgeable eyes on this thread I will throw this question in ...

When to Export

Again if you look in the legends editor a horse has a peak month or months when it is at top form. Does this have any effect in the CK or RK. If you notice all league races are run in the same date and time, so are horses that peak in that month better.

Also do you export before a big race in hope of a good run and it being in form or a little while after the race when you have seen how it ran ... or does this even matter.

Should flat horses be exported mid season or at the end of the season.

If you export a horse on 31/12 and then again on 1/1 are you in effect getting the same horse twice. Something that may be good for NH horses. If your horse peaks at 8 and you export it on the first day that its 9 are you really getting the 8 year old again or does the game deteriorate it over night.

Be interesting to hear peoples exporting system.

I have experimented a great deal with this but the general rule is when their potential is at the highest. Sometimes this mean exporting horses very early in season February for example ( 7 and 8yos). Sometimes in November ( 3 and 2yos) In general I export July/August but do have some exceptions

Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:00 am
Group 1 winner

Quote:
Whilst waiting to see if anyone will run Day 3 so I can comm :wink: I'm just reading through, Josh what is "7 max fitness tick" you mention above.
Thanx

When manual training there a seven day cycle of fitness. Every 7 days they have a chance, totally random, to hit max condition and fitness, every day 6 they drop. When they are 8yo I keep going round 7 day cycles until I get the perfect version.

Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:10 pm
Handicapper

Finished another season of breeding and exported horses to CK.

Nothing really stands out in the trials apart from a couple of 3yo fillies at 8f.

The main purpose of this post is the performance of Spirit Eagle in this set of trials.

He just won another race in the league today, that's 4 wins from 5 starts. In this set of trials he only placed fifth in 2 out of 5 trial races. It was not new exports that beat him but horses he was beating easily in previous trials.

The inconsistancy of results in the CK is so bloody frustrating.

Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:44 am
Group 1 winner

Jim Murray wrote:

Nothing really stands out in the trials apart from a couple of 3yo fillies at 8f.

The main purpose of this post is the performance of Spirit Eagle in this set of trials.

He just won another race in the league today, that's 4 wins from 5 starts. In this set of trials he only placed fifth in 2 out of 5 trial races. It was not new exports that beat him but horses he was beating easily in previous trials.

Unfortunately changing the make up of your trial group changes results sometimes in a major way. And then there is running wide etc to factor in

Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:16 am
Group 3 winner

leonvr wrote:
Jim Murray wrote:

Unfortunately changing the make up of your trial group changes results sometimes in a major way. And then there is running wide etc to factor in

The one thing I will never understand is how the first trial u run is total garbage. It goes straight in the bin, what coding could actually make the first race totally different to most of the others. Another thing that doesn't make sense is the first colt and filly will always struggle in the trials. I always put in a donkey colt and donkey filly so all the other horses has a fair chance in the races.

Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:38 am
Group 1 winner

ghosty wrote:
leonvr wrote:
Jim Murray wrote:

The one thing I will never understand is how the first trial u run is total garbage. It goes straight in the bin, what coding could actually make the first race totally different to most of the others. Another thing that doesn't make sense is the first colt and filly will always struggle in the trials. I always put in a donkey colt and donkey filly so all the other horses has a fair chance in the races.

Does this occur with the RK ? I will need to take note of the 1st races I run when starting up.

Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:00 pm
Group 3 winner

[/quote]

Does this occur with the RK ? I will need to take note of the 1st races I run when starting up.[/quote]
After the first race crap I'd normally run 5 or 6 races but u know the 5th or the 6th race will also be totally random and only be fit for the bin. Mark has clearly put something in the game to make it random at certain times. The problem is Stu it happens everytime u change races, so if u ran 2 mile races then it would happen in the first then if u change races to a 1m4 race then it would happen again. I think that's why u can real random races in the league, it is what it is. The kit has always been a bit sh×÷. :lol: . That'd why u just shrug u shoulders if u horse totally under performs. When I get home ill see how many times a horse has won the first trail and made the top 6-8 to get through to the next trails.

Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:20 pm
Group 3 winner

Unfortunately changing the make up of your trial group changes results sometimes in a major way. And then there is running wide etc to factor in[/quote]
The one thing I will never understand is how the first trial u run is total garbage. It goes straight in the bin, what coding could actually make the first race totally different to most of the others. Another thing that doesn't make sense is the first colt and filly will always struggle in the trials. I always put in a donkey colt and donkey filly so all the other horses has a fair chance in the races.[/quote]

Does this occur with the RK ? I will need to take note of the 1st races I run when starting up.[/quote]
Stu I'm going to take that back, going through my big trials book it's not the dodge pot race I thought it was. I'm surprised with the results. :shock:

Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next