View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 9:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Problems viewing replays? Please read 
Site Admin

Post Problems viewing replays? Please read
A few people seem to be having problems viewing league replays. This involves either replays not playing correctly or possibly the kit crashing. It does not affect everyone. I need to be able to replicate this here but currently have not been able to. I intend to test on a few other machines today. The current suspect is data mods though it may well turn out not to be.

It is possible to run a clean test rather than clean (and lose) your data. So if you have this problem try the steps below and let me know what happens. To be double safe you should ideally backup your data before doing this. Also if you are not sure of any of the steps below then don't attempt this.

1. Backup your save and exports someplace just to be safe.

2. Find the application 'STARTERS ORDERS 4' folder (usually in 'program files\'). Rename it 'STARTERS ORDERS 4 BAK'.

3. Find the data 'STARTERS ORDERS 4' folder (usually in 'program data\'). Rename it 'STARTERS ORDERS 4 BAK'.

4. Reinstall the entire game again and then copy the league replay files into the usual location.

5. Run the game and test the kit.

Note: To revert to your old setup delete the newly created 'STARTERS ORDERS 4' folders in the folders above and then rename both the 'STARTERS ORDERS 4' BAK folders to 'STARTERS ORDERS 4'. No need to reinstall.

Mark.

Last edited by admin_ on Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:51 am
Group 1 winner

If this works Mark then does that mean we have to go through this process when we want to view the replays?

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:53 am
Site Admin

If this fixed everyone's problem then it would tell me that mods are the issue. The next step would be to get a copy of someones modded data files and try to work around it (for the next patch maybe) so that everyone can view the replays no matter what they have done with their data files.

At this point I am only guessing that this is the issue though.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:23 am
Group 1 winner

what kind of mods do you mean Mark. I watched a replay fine (only one 1 race 1 time) yesterday and I have a modified schedule. Thats it however, no pictures or anything else!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:30 am
Site Admin

what kind of mods do you mean Mark

Any data mods apart from schedule.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:19 pm
Selling plater

Last edited by aintreematty on Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Handicapper

Ok, im running the latest patch, the mods i have are edited names, silks, race banners and betting slip.

I watched the NH races and the horses we're running through the fences and passing through each other.

I didn't try the fix banded about on here(setting up a race in the builder watching that then re-running a league replay, but i hear that works).

Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:14 am
Group 1 winner

Im using edited names, silks, schedule, and banners. Pictures also included Horses and Jockeys.

Watching the NH races the horses ran through fences, otherwise ok. UKRA races were fine untill end of race when pressing arrow top right, it exits to desktop closing SO4. Every race watched with exiting at end of race including exit happening sometimes when pressing space on result of 1st 2nd 3rd.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:25 pm
Site Admin

Please try the latest patch (1.0175). I am hoping this problem is now fixed.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:17 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]