View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 11:24 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 League On Temporary Hold 
Group 2 winner

Post League On Temporary Hold
Hi Guys and Gals,

I will put the league on temporary hold. As you will have noticed a few display issues with TOM, which are just minor faults, and we can still work around them.

There are a few others things that went a little astray, with NHC handicap ratings, that will need a little bit more time to resolve.

Hopefully, it will be just a short break, but I will announce dates, to resume the league for Week 2 an onwards, once we get the quirks sorted.

Apologies for this. It's something that we never like to do, as I know you're all excited as I am to see your horses running. But, it's for the best that these few loose ends be tied off before going any further.

I won't be opening up the upload window. Horses that are in your stables now and Week 1 results will stand as-is.

In the mean-time, Mark has created a thread to try to get to the bottom of the crashes and weird displays that some of you are having, when viewing league races. Please try his steps. Also, any information that you have with regards to the display you are having, whether it's isolated to one league, or several, please post that info. Also, if you've made any modifications to the game, detail those also. The more info Mark has, the better he might be able to pin-point the causes and come up with a solution.

http://www.startersorders.com/phpBB2/vi ... php?t=3155

Thanks..

Colm

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:45 pm
Group 1 winner

music to my ears colm - i need better gee geez

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:49 pm
Handicapper

I did notice a few horses running 'through' other horses during the replays, it was like so2.

good luck colm.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:23 pm
Handicapper

Pardon my ignorance if i have missed it somewhere but does this mean nominations are on hold to or do we still need to nominate by tommorow night? (sat night)

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:21 pm
Group 2 winner

Noms are on hold too Killa. I will be putting the times back shortly on TOM to reflect this (although, they will be only estimated times).

Keep an eye on the forums, but we'll aim to give everyone a weeks notice, so you'll have time to spot the dates and get noms done.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:25 pm
Handicapper

Is this the reason why all my horses have got a year older after 1 week.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:32 am
Group 2 winner

Is this the reason why all my horses have got a year older after 1 week.

Yep, just display issue.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]