View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 A Big Thank you 
Group 2 winner

Post A Big Thank you
Hi Guys,

Apologies to all for not typing this sooner, but better late than never.

I get a lot of thanks for the work done on the league, probably because you see me a little more on the forums, but it’s very important that I say a big thank you to all the background staff. Many of them you know already, but some new folks have joined the staff this year, giving up their free time, to produce the league and races that we all enjoy. Also, thank you to Mark for creating the Starters Orders game (best there is available to us horse racing fans by a country mile) and providing us with the software that enables us to take the game into the league.

UKRA
President – Davy
Race Secretary – Jimbo
Commentator – Kevin
Handicapper – Jacob
Schedule Creator - Steve

USRA
President – Tim
Race Secretary – Rich
Commentator – Jeff
Handicapper – Steve
Schedule Creator - Tim

NHC
President – Paul
Vice President – Craig
Race Secretary – Mike
Commentators – Conor & Pete
Handicapper – Conor
Schedule Creator – Craig

Stewards - Padraig, Jay & Mike

TOM – Dave

Bookies – Paul, Mike, George & Derek

Racing Ahead – Steve

SOPL Times – Jay (I know Jay has assembled a team of writers for this site. Sorry guys, I don’t know who you all are, but a big thanks).

If I've made a mistake, or left anyone accidently off the list, apologies for that. Trying to remember the growing list of staff doesn't get any easier :) .

And last, but by no means least, a big thank you to all the trainers who’ve uploaded horses. Whether it’s your first season, or you’ve come back for more punishment :wink:, without you folks entering your horses, and into races, we’d have nobody to run the league for.

The league was given a home on the ORLWorld.com website, as a one stop shop for all horse racing games, and a base to run a league from. The SOPL is now in Season 11, and is the longest running league of all the horse racing games on the ORLWorld.com site.

Thank you to you all for making it a success, and no matter what happens with your horses, enjoy the experience.

Good luck in the coming weeks, and watch the forums for the commencement dates, upload windows, etc.

Cheers..

Colm

Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Handicapper

A big thanks to you also, but yes a big thanks to everyone who helps makes this great game that much better.

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:19 pm
Site Admin

Thanks to all these guys and Colm himself. I know a lot of work is involved.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:48 am
Handicapper

Thanks to Colm and to all the others that make the league possible, an amazing amount time is given up weekly to make it work.

Cheers.

jv

Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:56 am
Selling plater

I know I few of you have been doing this for many years, you know who you are. I'm hesitant to thank Dodgy cos he's a kiwi (reminds me, should go check the cricket score ;))
Na a joke of course mate, all that coding you do, seriously people don't realise how much brain strain is involved. I just got my diploma in website development, and I need a brake....dude...

And all those behind the scenes that never get any credit I salute you.

Previous name: tsouthern

Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:13 pm
Group 3 winner

Yes a Big Thanks to all that help out with the league

Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]