View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:13 pm

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Future League Seasons 

Should the conditions of league races be the same as in the real world?
Yes 90%  90%  [ 19 ]
No 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 21

Future League Seasons 
Group 2 winner

Post Future League Seasons
Should the conditions of league races be the same as in the real world?

2,000 Guineas Stakes is a Group 1 flat horse race in Great Britain which is open to three-year-old thoroughbred colts and fillies Etc

Please comment also

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:53 pm
Group 2 winner

I would like to see this next season as this season has already started.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:55 pm
Group 1 winner

We want the league to be as realistic as possible.

On another note IMO the US league should be dropped and the big races mixed with the UKRA schedule.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:56 pm
Group 1 winner

I would also like to see the US scrapped and big races and hcaps moved as l would like to run my horses both in UK and US but not sure if this would work. Partly due to maybe the field sizes would be reduced with more races each week. I would love to be able to combine tho maybe go for the US triple crown but still have a crack at the UK derby but thats just my thoughts. Not sure what kind of numbers US league is attracting as l cant watch US races :(

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:08 pm
Group 2 winner

I agree Jay I don't have a US stable simply because this stable would be full of my second string horses.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:11 pm
Group 1 winner

USRA doesn't attract. That is why we are allowed a full stable.

Colm is probably getting annoyed with me because I have said the USRA should be scrapped many times. I have nothing against US racing but I think this has been added only because it was added into SO3 and to try and attract US players that used to be a SIM Jim was involved with (Could be wrong but I am sure this is why)

Irish & Austrialian players could then open the debate of why there is no Irish or Australian league. I think one International flat league and one International Jumps league is all we need. This would attract more than the USRA does.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:15 pm
Group 1 winner

I agree Jay I don't have a US stable simply because this stable would be full of my second string horses.

Thats what my US stable is too pal and always will be. It always be full of second rate horses.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:17 pm
Group 1 winner

kenny1972 wrote:

Thats what my US stable is too pal and always will be. It always be full of second rate horses.

Well mine is empty :(

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:21 pm
Group 1 winner

As for the usa joining the ukra would be good but field sizes would be a worry 40 horses a race would be crazy! Field sizes reduced to how they are in the real world, X amount max for the derby etc, fields decided by a member or members of who gets in once all are declared or maybe top rated for the allocated number of slots.
The joining of the two would make a lot more races available for the lesser contests as well with big handicaps and so on, trainers running out of one yard so to speak for all entrys. Sorry getting carried away :oops: .

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:23 pm
Group 1 winner

A yes from me!

As for the usa joining the ukra would be good but field sizes would be a worry 40 horses a race would be crazy! Field sizes reduced to how they are in the real world, X amount max for the derby etc, fields decided maybe by a member or members of who gets in once all are declared or maybe top rated for the allocated number of slots.
The joining of the two would make a lot more races available for the lesser contests as well with big handicaps and so on, trainers running out of one yard so to speak for all entrys. Sorry getting carried away :oops: .

There was some talk about a selection process for the big races but I think that is unfair because horses like different courses. An example was a horse called Dancing Jay trained by Derek Hinton whose form read 000 but then won a group 1 next time out. If the USRA was scrapped the UK or One International League could have more races with 2 race secs running them.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:28 pm
I say if you are to drop the USRA then why not add USRA, IRISH, and Aussie races into the one league UKRA stick to the 30 horses per field and make the league run for 28 to 30 weeks per year, that way everyone is happy.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:35 pm
Group 1 winner

Maybe a rating structure could come into play with big G1 races, this would mean that horses would have to run decent in the first place so no holding good horses back. But this might be too hard really with so many trainers but still would like to see horses eligible for both UK and US races together

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:44 pm
Group 2 winner

Maybe a rating structure could come into play with big G1 races, this would mean that horses would have to run decent in the first place so no holding good horses back. But this might be too hard really with so many trainers but still would like to see horses eligible for both UK and US races together

I won the Irish 1000 last season with a unraced filly, if this was in place I wouldn't have been able to run her in the race :cry:

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:47 pm
An invitation method where group winning horses get a green card to group1 races that could work.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:48 pm
Group 1 winner

mwesty1 wrote:

I won the Irish 1000 last season with a unraced filly, if this was in place I wouldn't have been able to run her in the race :cry:

Yes see this point mate thats why l said it could be hard, maybe keep it asit is but being allowed to run in both leagues.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next