View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 12:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Future League Seasons 

Should the conditions of league races be the same as in the real world?
Yes 90%  90%  [ 19 ]
No 10%  10%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 21

Future League Seasons 
Group 1 winner

Trainers placing there horses sensibly would be the biggest help, the other races before the main group 1`s would maybe be enough indication if a horse might have a good chance. Im really not sure im new to this and havent got much league experience but im sure people who know more would be able to think of a way to make it workable. Only if everyone was in agreement i would add, you dont want to lose any trainers thats the most important thing.

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:10 pm
Selling plater

Yes the conditions should be the same as in real life

Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:19 pm
Handicapper

race conditions should be as close as possible to real life,

I think we should keep USRA and add a irish flat/jumps and aussie league with 6 irish flat races 6 jumps and 8 aussie flat races each week but only if we can keep field sizes at a high number

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:05 pm
Group 1 winner

In Australia as I'm sure around the world, there are races in which if you win qualifies you for some G1 races. I would also like it to be as realistic as possible, eg cox plate has only 14 runners, melboure cup has max 24 runners etc. For the golden slipper you need to win prizemoney to get in as well as some races that make you qualify automatically etc etc.

Sounds like a lot of hard work though to get it going but would be nice.

Prehaps a souther hemisphere challenge against the best of the UK, US, Europe horses.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:36 am
Correct me if I'm wrong Scatters, but wasn't it an invitation to the dubai world cup and japan cup for the winner of the melbourne cup? or isn't it so I'm not to sure mate.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:41 am
Handicapper

I'm pretty sure there was no invitation to the Japan Cup for the winner of the Melbourne Cup, same with Dubai. Aren't Dubai invitations usually handed out to horses that are proven group winners who are in form at the time, for example Theseo?

I'm also with Scatter on this one, I think races should be kept as true to life as possible, so only 14 for the Cox Plate, 24 for the Melbourne Cup, top prizemoney for the Slipper and so on. It wouldn't take much to research the entry requirements for these bigger races and I'm sure you could find some volunteers, I'd be willing to see what went into the Aus races.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:07 pm
Group 1 winner

This field restriction would be very hard. With so many players and some races we even have 2 divisions thats 60 horses and you want to reduce to 14. This would be hard to do and keep everyone happy but agree would like 1 horse to be able to run in US and UK

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:32 pm
Handicapper

As a trainer who wouldn't make the cut for most restricted fields I still think it's in the best interests. Not much point having runners finshing 15 lengths behind in a Group race just for the sake of them being there. It also makes it more realistic, especially for something like the Cox Plate as Moonee Valley is a very tight track and you can't fit many more than 14 across at the barrier in real life.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2