View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Tips for carrying out trials in CK?????? 
Handicapper

That looks perfect although I'd need to check if the IRE suffix is recognised by TOM.

The point is that if you change the file name in any way, it is important you revert back to the original name when uploading in TOM.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:06 am
Group 1 winner

Sorry dave I completely forgot to mention that.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:14 am
Group 1 winner

Wow it sure takes up some time exporting horses in that way, but since doing it i have a new best horse at 5f 2yo and a 3yo mile. Theyre not destroying my others but are winning consistently.

the thing is scatters (ill try explain this well as i can) - when i export the horses i rename them like u say so i have for example 03 then horse name means race handy, and 04 is even pace. After racing a few times i have worked out that the number 3 and 4 horse is the most consistent so i assume that is my copy of even race handy (1 abd 2 are force pace right??!!). so i have gone into my file and deleted the others, keeping 03horsename. Then when I race again in the trial the horse cannot finish 1st, as if I have left the wrong one and deleted the best version. Is there something i am not doing right?? I think i am having more success tweaking the handicap to identify which horse is which.

anyway mate, hopefully my horses will start getting better now i am using more detailed export and trial programme and thanks for your help!!

Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:55 am
Group 1 winner

The reason I named the horses starting with 02, 03 etc was just my way to simplify things for me. So

01 represents pace maker
02 force the pace
03 race handy
04 even pace
05 slight hold up
06 hold up

So if you now make a copy of each horse you will have two of each ie

X represents the horses name etc.

01XXXXX
01XXXXXCopy
02XXXXX
02XXXXXCopy
03XXXXX
03XXXXXCopy
04XXXXX
04XXXXXCopy
05XXXXX
05XXXXXCopy
06XXXXX
06XXXXXCopy

Ending up with 12 horse.

I now race in the ck which sorts them in order so horse No. 1 & 2 represent Pacemaker and horse No. 3 & 4 represent races handy etc

So in my example if horse No. 11 & 12 continually win ijn the trial I now know that riding instruction "hold up" suits this horse best.

I then discard all the others and keep the file stating with 06XXXX

Hope that made sense.

You need to try at different distances too because sometimes (not all ways) the riding tactic changes and a horse at a longer distance than its optimum might be better suited to an other tactic. The ck should reveal all, you just need to trial and trial.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:36 pm
Group 1 winner

I think i am having more success tweaking the handicap to identify which horse is which.

By all means use what best suits you, and I do hope you have success picking up some decent horses. If you need more help I'll do my best.

Kind Regards

John

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:42 pm
Handicapper

I find also that some horses that are effective over more than one distance prefer different riding tactics on different surfaces over different distances, if that makes any sense!

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:12 pm
Handicapper

Exporting a horse is a snapshot of the horse on that day of it's racing life yeah?

In my game, I export a horse in prime condition (Green Bar Full), with all the correct jockey instructions, just before its about to race. e.g. (Horse A) is exported just before it runs at Newmarket at 2.30. Lets say, for argument sake, the ground is ideal for said horse.

Now if it doesnt win its Race, I tend to delete it from my Exports, because if its not good enough to win in my game on that day, surely its not good enough to win in the CK or league.
If it wins, its kept and then trialed.

Surely this would be a better way to export than to blindly export horses say in August??

Any opinions???

Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:57 am
Group 1 winner

yeah i sometimes export like that though im not sure how big a difference it makes. obviously the most important thing is to make sure the green bar is full which you already know and are doing!

Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3