View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 9:43 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Tips for carrying out trials in CK?????? 
Handicapper

scatters when you say you export them at the beginning of the season and once again in december and and may etc, how do you compare them with each other as it just overwrites the last export file doesnt it??

also when you retire a horse to stud does its green bar have to be full or does it only matter for exporting them??

last question - im just wondering if people export horses to the jumps league which have never been invovled in a jumps game??its just that my best horse in ck over 3m - 4m is a horse from my flat game.

I'm guessing scatters alters the file name to avoid overwriting. I do this when I'm testing horses with different instructions, such as even pace and ridden handy, in this example I'd just add evp or rh to the end of the file before the .hrs this way both files will be recognised in the CK, of course I'd need to change the handicap on one of them so I know which is which when running.

The position of the green bar when retiring doesn't matter, but it should be at the top when exporting.

I believe Dancing Brave has had success running flat horses over the jumps, I'm thinking of putting some of my flat horses into the jumps due to the success Dancing Brave has had.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:10 am
Group 1 winner

yeah me 2. Im just thinking if we are resetting the ratings when uploading then why would it matter if the horse had been invloved in a jumps game??!

Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:16 am
Group 1 winner

im guessing things will just click eventually and my horses will start getting better. I am exporting my 2yo's in september and 3 yo's in august when the green bars are full and I am breeding fromt he horses that run consistently well in the ck. I am breeding with similar distanced horses and with the same disposition. Are the red stats bars worth looking at during any part of the game?? For example do people breed speed and accel horses with stamina and start horses to try and get a 'complete horse'?

Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:19 am
Group 1 winner

sorry last post i swear lol. what do you mean scatters when you say you always double up on your horses??

Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:37 am
Group 1 winner

The following bars need to be full always when exporting, the far left red bar and the green bar. The red bar in the middle needs to be in the top half but does not need to be full.

This is how I do it. It does not mean that my method is better; it’s just the way I do it. It might be the long way round but I want to know precisely what a horse likes and does not like. Of course I could be wrong in my assessment so please anyone correct.

When exporting riding instructions I always choose “Don’t Trail” & “Challenge Early”, this is so I have a common base against all the horses so that I can always compare them with similar riding instructions when trialling. You can later tweak as you get better horses.

I first export the same horse with riding instructions "Force the Pace" and rename it with 02 at the beginning i.e.

John Scatters_My Brilliant Star_3_AUS.hrs
Becomes
02 John Scatters_My Brilliant Star_3_AUS.hrs

Then I do this for riding instructions for “Race Handy” and rename it with 03 at the beginning i.e.
John Scatters_My Brilliant Star_3_AUS.hrs
Becomes
03 John Scatters_My Brilliant Star_3_AUS.hrs

So know I have two files sitting in my directory

02 John Scatters_My Brilliant Star_3_AUS.hrs &

They are the same horse but with different riding instructions.

Then I copy them once to get the following files:

02 John Scatters_My Brilliant Star_3_AUS.hrs
02 John Scatters_My Brilliant Star_3_AUS - Copy.hrs
03 John Scatters_My Brilliant Star_3_AUS – Copy.hrs

This is how it looks when you are using windows 7.

I now race them in the CK to see which instruction the horse performs better at. Sometimes there is a slight difference and sometimes it is more obvious. I will repeat the race three or four times to see which one performs best and determine the best riding instruction for the horse.
I have them in pairs so as to increasing my chances of the right selection as well as figuring out the consistency of the horse. It’s the same horse but duplicated, so you would think that it would be similar all the time but a lot of the cases you might see one in front 3 or four lengths and sometimes they are close. The fact that there is a difference indicates that the horse is temperamental and performs well and sometimes performs poorly. I’m not talking about 1 to 2 L but 3 or 4L.

Back to the files.

The CK always sorts the files in the directory in alphabetical order, so when you trial… the horse number with 1 & 2 represent the
02 John Scatters_My Brilliant Star_3_AUS.hrs &
02 John Scatters_My Brilliant Star_3_AUS - Copy.hrs files.
And the 3 & 4 numbered horse represents
03 John Scatters_My Brilliant Star_3_AUS.hrs &
03 John Scatters_My Brilliant Star_3_AUS – Copy.hrs files

So if 3 & 4 numbered horse consistently wins you can then determine that the horse performs better with the “Race Handy” instruction.

You would need to also include “Even Pace” represented by putting the 04 in front of the file too but I didn’t include it so as to save time writing.

Hope this helps.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:21 am
Group 1 winner

For example do people breed speed and accel horses with stamina and start horses to try and get a 'complete horse'?

To start off with I choose the best trailer in the ck and try to breed with other decent horses that trial well in the ck with better gate speed etc. But I do this a little later.

One thing I do is look for “force the pace” and “race handy” type horses but I’m not too sticked.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:29 am
Group 1 winner

legendary advice - im gunna put this into practice from now on, will probably see the results with horses inn my final upload or maybe even next season. got exams coming up so wont have that much time to play.

Im hoping there will be a second season of the league on so4!!!

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:20 am
Group 1 winner

I believe Dancing Brave has had success running flat horses over the jumps, I'm thinking of putting some of my flat horses into the jumps due to the success Dancing Brave has had.

Don't go and spoil my party Crazy, I think you should stick to the flat. :lol: :lol:

On a serious note Hurricane, I ended up with a number of 12f horses, and so some decent ones didn't make the cut, it was either a case of deleting them or sending them to the NH for fun. I was already sending Rite Of Passage to the jumps so I trialled a few of the others and sent the ones that jumped the best over with him. They are all horses from flat only games, never jumped an obstacle before, but pleasingly they've all already won a race and I'm hopefully of picking up a few Group 1's with one or two of them so it's definitely a worth while move.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:03 pm
Group 1 winner

do u have an idea of how fast they run hurdles races, say over 2m??

im definitly sending a few, might even send one or two to the usa so because I am an impatient man and cant wait until friday

btw db, arsenal with another last gasp winner!!!!!!!!!although this time i was cheering because i do not want chelsea to win the league. Hopefully the linesman will give liverpool or spurs a couple of offside goals against them and see if ancelotti and joe cole still believe that 'these small mistakes happen' and that 'a goal is only offside when the linesman flags and a penalty is only a penalty if the ref blows his whistle'.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:07 pm
Group 1 winner

I didn't pay attention to times Hurricane to be honest, for 2m say, I would find about 20 horses from the flat that wanted between 2m and 2.4f, run 2m trials at different tracks and note down who ran well and jumped well consistently. I think there is less of a hiding place in the jumps trials than in the flat ones so I don't think times are as much of an issue. You want horses that jump well and you want to find out what they jump better, fences or hurdles, or maybe both.

I've never been all that sure about Nicky, but to be fair to the boy, he is scoring some important goals for us. It keeps us in it but with the players we have left, I don't even see us winning all our remaining games, let alone winning the league now. I think Chelsea have it sewn up, I think Man City will take something off you lot, and I don't see Liverpool or Spurs getting anything off them. It was a shocking decision though, I think most people could see it was offside in real time, and the linesman was looking right at it. Extraordinary!! I did take some slight pleasure about someone other than you lot getting a gift at Old Trafford, it doesn't happen that often.

Not looking forward to Tuesday night I have to say, may have to assume a position behind the sofa.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:28 pm
Handicapper

I've just read everything and it had helped me understand loads( ive got terrible gg'z)

cheers ppl hopefully can get better results

Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:04 am
Group 3 winner

Cheers to all that shared with us newbs, probably
a little too late for this season now, i'd gone through
50 seasons, monsters in the game just didn't know how
to trial them properly.
How many potential league race winners have
slipped through
my stable not noticed in 50 seasons.....
:x :x
never again!! :wink:

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:18 am
Group 1 winner

Look ahead to the NEXT 50 season Scotty. :)

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:57 pm
Profile WWW
Handicapper

Just a little warning .. if you rename the file as many of us do for testing, please ensure that the file name reverts back to the original when uploading to TOM. Otherwise, the file name is not the same as the encoded name within the file meta data and at some stage, the processes within TOM will fall over.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:07 pm
Group 3 winner

Just a little warning .. if you rename the file as many of us do for testing, please ensure that the file name reverts back to the original when uploading to TOM. Otherwise, the file name is not the same as the encoded name within the file meta data and at some stage, the processes within TOM will fall over.

I renamed one of my horses currently running in the US league, only did it because of a bug in game that exported my horses strangely.

When exporting they would be exprted thus:
FiXiT_Abridge Member_3_Click to export all listed horses to the summary (text) file..hrs
So I renamed it:
FiXiT_Abridge Member_3_IRE.hrs

Hope this doesn`t cause a problem of any kind. Did report the bug and not sure if was sorted as there were obviously bigger issues at the time and still are I suppose.

Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next