View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:09 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 horses league distance 
Group 1 winner

Post horses league distance
Is it common for all you other trainers to find that in the league your horse seems to prefer a different distance than in the ck?

for example, one of my league horses dubai gold is best at 1m4f on soft in my ck, however over that distance in the league he weakened. Back at 1m2f next time out he stayed on into 7th, therefore suggesting he is 1m3f. Also my former best miler in the ck doesnt stay the 1m in the league races. I dont think im trialling wrong but maybe thinking it is a faster pace in the league??

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:29 am
Group 1 winner

I find it too mate, lm sure it is due to the high pace you get as couple of my 1m4f horses are running better at 1m2f and not stayin 1m4f. My sprinters seem to be took off there feet aswell so will try 6f for them.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:40 am
Group 2 winner

Yeah, the pace is often higher in the league.

If you have a miler who barely gets the mile distance, they may have issues in the league with a very fast pace. They may still get the mile with the right conditions.

Perhaps, place them in a race with very few (if any) known front runners. Maybe a handicap is needed, where the few pounds given might help them get the trip home, etc.

Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]