View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed May 08, 2024 2:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 ATTENTION REDEYEZ-THE GRAND PIANO 
Group 1 winner

Post ATTENTION REDEYEZ-THE GRAND PIANO
Your horse has been disqualified mate and placed last in this race.To explain why mate. You entered this horse in a 1M 4F maiden. This horse obviously didnt stay the trip and finished 14th of 15. There for the rating you was given was very low which is fine. The horse then dropped 4F to 1M knowing you would have no weight and this in the stewards eyes is running over inadequate trip to get a low rating then run him at better distance so this equals a disqualification. If you would have run in a 1M 2F or 1M 6F race there might of just been a penalty on top but 4F difference is too much.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:23 am
Handicapper

I actually can not believe that you disqualify newbie trainers from races, as if I have entered my horse to fool the weights.

This is my first season and I obviously do not know the race distances and to suggest that I have done anything untoward is ridiculous.

I plain and simple got the initial distance wrong I dont understand what Ive done wrong.
I understand what your saying about the distance but that clearly never entered my mind.

Im so certain this is unfair. On uploading the horse I wrote what I thought iits best distance was, I got this wrong and then I just went ahead and put horses in respective races.

Not buzzing

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:06 pm
Group 1 winner

i agree with redeyez. What should of been done is he should of been contacted and asked why the sudden drop in distance, been made aware of the issue. Waiting until it won then disqualifying it isnt cool.
I have a number of horses who Im dropping in trip or stepping up to bring about improvement. Red thought he had a 1m4f horse and was wrong so he dropped it to a mile. i think the fairest thing to do would have been to put a penalty on the horse for its next run

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:19 pm
Handicapper

Ive apparently entered it into a race to then race it at, As you put it, '' A better distance'' this is my first season

I dont cheat or have any intentions of doing so and Its was a 0-80 handicap which I followed all the rules set.

Didnt realise u were net allowed to choose the distance your horse runs at!!
(as this is all i did!!!)
Didnt realise had to watch your rating to do that!!!

Really lost the will with this

Last edited by Redeyez on Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:20 pm
Group 1 winner

plus its not as if he bet on his horse knowing it was gunna win!

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:22 pm
Group 2 winner

I feel for you mate, looking at it from both sides

You being a newbie weren't sure how your horses would run in the league races at any distance, you entered a 10f horse in a 12f race it has well down the field, dropped it back 4f for its next race and to your surprise it has won.

Stewards, If you had started the horse off at 8f-10f its handicap mark would have been higher and the horse would have been running off a truer handicap mark, if it had won you would have kept the race.

All the best for the rest of the season mate

Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:44 pm
Group 1 winner

horses often win races by being well off in the weights, being ahead of the handicapper etc.

the fact is that as a newbie trainer red had no idea of what his best distance was, he just wanted to have some horses entered in the league. I do think its unfair to punish him with a disqualification as its pretty much put him off the online league. Why cant you of just put him up to a high handicap for his next race?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:02 pm
Handicapper

I guess I started it off in a race that turns out to be too far for it, then obviously I had to reduce the distance, I put it in a handicap(1mile) Partly because it was the only viable race on the weeks card (I entered it last'ish as I considered it one of my worst GGs) and also with the thinking Id get a bettter gauge of how far i should race it,

i.e I entered into what I thought was right for it (1m4), it came absolutely nowhere then I entered it into a race at the other end of the spectrum aiming to get a scope on its true distance.
Did not think it would win at all.. in fact thought it was a no hoper

Disheartened by this as I have only ever played the game with best intentions and I feel ive been hard done by

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:20 pm
Handicapper

Its not as if I put a sneaky super horse in a handicap, Its practically got 3 legs... no I have no win and nothing to look forward to.

In fact im worried because Ive entered my horses into different distances for this week so I hope I dont get any winners!

No warning/fine/penalty weight for the newbies about things they aren't aware of just straight up DQ or TOM change.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:26 pm
Group 1 winner

ive just entered a horse (2m4f) into a 2 mile race as it had a rating of 91 and had no other options where to run it is that wrong??

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:29 pm
Handicapper

If you check other horses you will see the only reason I have been disqualified is because my horse actually won the race..

Would I have been fine to do this if my horse come 2nd, 3rd, etc etc???

I see a horse from my exact maiden that ran behind me race from 1m4 in their maiden to a 7F G1 in their 2nd run, attaining a 98 rating as they go. So I dont understand how u enforce this rule??
What makes my horse different?? The fact I won??

Sorry if I sound bitter but im not quite sure I understand whats expected anymore as I feel like the punishment was very harsh and selective with absolutely zero consideration or warning

Last edited by Redeyez on Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:37 pm
Handicapper

ive just entered a horse (2m4f) into a 2 mile race as it had a rating of 91 and had no other options where to run it is that wrong??

Theres room in my boat when ur DQ'd next week lol

I think thats completely fair mate although i would definitely check first

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:38 pm
Group 1 winner

it wont win as its a stayer needs about 8 miles to show its true potential!!

Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:47 pm
Group 1 winner

Jesus been out come back and seen this reaction. Yes ok understand by the way l didnt disqualify but l do look every week to find horses doing this. All we can go on is that it doesnt really matter which trainer does this newbie or not everyone is judged the same. Just 1 question tho you say your not sure which distance your horse is best but thought you would find this out by trialing?? I can see your side too mate and we not picking on you at all but 4F is a big drop and l think we are watching 9 horses this week to see what happens. We all have a notebook and l have 20 horses in there just waiting to see if they run over inadequate trips. So trust me its not just you pal.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:52 pm
Redeyez, I really feel for you mate having to win a race in the league is not an easy task by any means, but you have to think of poor westy's side too as he has a job to do and that's what he did, it's not right to dump on him for doing his job mate, I sure hope that you win an up and coming race and to tell you the truth if my horse and your horse where locked in a photo finish, I would be barracking for your horse, but rules are rules, and it's sad that it was your horse, anyways good luck for the next race that your horse is in mate.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next