View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 ATTENTION REDEYEZ-THE GRAND PIANO 
Group 1 winner

Just to let you know pal horse you are on about running in 7f race has already been noted and action has been taken.

http://gallopracerseries.yuku.com/topic/20057?page=1

Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:58 pm
Handicapper

I would have generally been trialling my horses properly in CK if Id have understood how to, I have just bought the game, played a bit, found out about the league and by that time it was 'upload' time already..due to sheer excitement and newbie syndrome I uploaded horses on what I presumed were there best distances

I understand what ur sayyin Mwesty mate but im at an ends as to how the rule is employed.

Do I only have to win to be completely DQ'd and lose all rating from that race or would I have been fine if I came anywhere else??

Theres examples (even in my race!) where horses have been dropped 4F or more in their next races after a maiden and simply because they don't win they're fine, no DQ and go on to get a higher rating etc
Does this mean ur not allowed to drop a distance and win the race but u can drop and not win?
Also do trainers have a set max distance u can drop it e.g 2f max per race?

Why instead of yous guys having a book of 20 horses each u keep an eye on do the trainers of the horses not get told so they can consider withdrawing or re nominating

A heads up would have been nice tho

Cheers for explaining tho

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:08 pm
Handicapper

Hello JC dude hope u is cool, im not intending to get on anyone in specifics case

It heartbreaking seeing your efforts getting wiped/erased, I think potentially more or something better could be done to avoid or regulate these circumstances though.
If im coming off as tho im getting on your back Mwesty im not meaning to, Its only a game in the end.

I literally don't understand this rule works tho (and surely there's discretion to some degree)

peace

Red

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:25 pm
Group 2 winner

I see a horse from my exact maiden that ran behind me race from 1m4 in their maiden to a 7F G1 in their 2nd run, attaining a 98 rating as they go. So I dont understand how u enforce this rule??
What makes my horse different?? The fact I won??

Horse that ran in the G1 would have went off at level weights, so there would have been no advantage for that runner.

I think you have made an honest mistake and not tried to fiddle the handicap.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:26 pm
Handicapper

Redeyez wrote:
I see a horse from my exact maiden that ran behind me race from 1m4 in their maiden to a 7F G1 in their 2nd run, attaining a 98 rating as they go. So I dont understand how u enforce this rule??
What makes my horse different?? The fact I won??

Horse that ran in the G1 would have went off at level weights, so there would have been no advantage for that runner.

I think you have made an honest mistake and not tried to fiddle the handicap.

level weights! Doh... I didnt think about that lol

It was a mistake mate, Im not sure whats goin to happen next week now tho as Ive entered the same horse in a 1m1 handicap, will it be DQ'd again?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:29 pm
Come on red, think about the next race mate, so I can cheer your horse home, don't be sad mate.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:30 pm
Handicapper

Come on red, think about the next race mate, so I can cheer your horse home, don't be sad mate.

haha cheers JC pal, I hope so. If teleportational emails where on the scene Id e mail u a nice cup of tea pal

Peace

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:35 pm
JC Night wrote:

haha cheers JC pal, I hope so. If teleportational emails where on the scene Id e mail u a nice cup of tea pal

Peace

Can I have "Nescafe Coffee" with no milk one sugar, I hate Tea :lol:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Well its hard mate if the horse goes on to win yes it would be DQ and l think if it came placed too. If not it is hit with the rating that he gets when the race has run plus an additional 10lbs. When then run in group races they go off at level weights as kenny said but we still do follow a horse that runs in a group race at odd distance then change trip and go into hcap. But to be fair group horses are usually hit hard anyway even if there last. Yes l genuially think this was a mistake and never said that l thought this was a fiddle. We just have to stick to the rules to everyone to make it fair. Regarding your next race 1M 1F this is a bit touch and go. As you have put 1M 2F as your preferred distance its only 1F off that but would say if you win that you may be hit with a penalty pal. As l say its not just you l think 2 horses was scratched last week but some horses do slip through the net. There is a lot of horses to keep on top of and we cant see them all. If we would of seen your horse last week it would of been scratched. Big Apology and if it makes it any better will donate the winnings you would of had as a free bet next week??? Let me know and l can sort that for you :lol:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:21 pm
Group 1 winner

Part of the problem was the horse ran in week 1 where almost every maiden had to be split because of field sizes and there were outstanding issues with TOM so a few horses that should have been flagged up slipped under the radar. The distance set for the horse is 10f so as it weakened badly in a 12f race, I would have, looking bad, kept it's rating at 75. Because that wasn't noticed it ran next time off a rating of 60 and had been dropped 4f in trip which was obviously flagged up by the stewards. With this being the first season actual handicap marks are being given, everyone is on the look out to try and prevent horses getting low marks from unsuitable races and your horse met that criteria. I now have to re-access the mark your horse runs off and will take into account this was by error and try to be as fair as possible in this instance but I imagine the DQ will stand. I imagine it would have been disqualified had it finished anywhere within the prize money but no matter where it finished it would be penalised in the weights.

The other horse you are talking about, All The Aces, was a 12f horse hence it's rating of 60 would have stood. The fact it has now been entered in a 6f race followed by a 7f race would only matter if they were handicaps. If it had been noticed in time, the horse would have been removed from the line up anyway. All horses running in Listed or Group company who have failed to do much previously will be very heavily penalised anyway and will be additionally penalised for running off distance meaning next to no races will be available for the horse in the future to prevent trainers entering horses in the top Group races for the sake of it resulting in big field sizes.
Take the Guineas this week for example, pretty much every horse that ran will now no longer be able to qualify for most handicaps and the ones they can qualify for will be extremely tough for them to run in because they will have such a high mark no matter how far they were beaten or how bad they are.
Horses don't have to run every week, particularly if there is no suitable race for them so it is better to look ahead a week or two and find a suitable race than run in an unsuitable one, especially if your horse has a decent handicap mark. It is also to try and make the point that just because you can enter one horse per race doesn't mean you have to.

Regards the distance of a horse, I work on the principal of 1f each side of the preferred distance is fine, 2f one way or the other then depends on the performance the horse puts up and anything outside that becomes in danger of an off distance penalty. This doesn't include 2 mile + horses who can be more flexible.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 4:32 pm
Handicapper

I do understand what your are saying and I know it must be an intense job lol..

Im just so desperado for winners its unreal haha... one day...

Its cool for the free bet Mwesty mate, Im just glad for the help and clarity and I'll keep breeding/exporting and learning

Since the handicaps and this system go off the 'preferred distance' and Im certain that quite a few of my first ever uploads are wrong, Could I trial them a.s.a.p in my CK to actually find their real distances as it was all done in haste??

Cheers

Redeyez :cry:

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Would a trainer note be acceptable underneath the horses name? Ive seen people writing what they expect of there horses, how they think it will do and what future races it may enter. Can a trainer make a note if the horses preference has changed so all can be aware of it including the STEWARDS? May just stop you getting a DQ if you make them aware of it would it not?

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:07 pm
Handicapper

Would a trainer note be acceptable underneath the horses name? Ive seen people writing what they expect of there horses, how they think it will do and what future races it may enter. Can a trainer make a note if the horses preference has changed so all can be aware of it including the STEWARDS? May just stop you getting a DQ if you make them aware of it would it not?

Agreed hackett mate

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:25 pm
Group 1 winner

The best way is to get preffered distance within 2 furlongs really. As l know when l look at races l dont see any comments on my screen its just what there entered in and preferred distance. This is how l spot out differences.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:41 pm
Group 1 winner

The problem isn't so much the fact it says it's a 10f horse and it ran in a mile because the way it ran tells me it probably is a 9f horse, maybe 10f's, it's more the fact that because it ran over 12f and clearly didn't stay but wasn't noticed, it ran in the mile race off 60 when it should have been running off 75 and the 15lb difference would have effected the result. There will be people who try to get low ratings from unsuitable races on purpose as Westy says so we have to have a blanket rule.
I rated the horse 72 after it's win and it will run in the Suffolk off that mark which is 3lb lower than it would have been if it had been picked up and left on 75 so although I would normally whack a 10lb penalty on top, in this instance I won't.
If you want to trial them and find some of the distances are wrong, feel free to post the names and distances on here and I'll get them changed. As I said earlier, a furlong either way is no big deal, some horses are obviously gonna be more flexible than others and if you want to put notes on next to the horse, that is also find and will be considered. We don't want to DQ horses and take away wins, and it isn't something that is done lightly.
I've put a note about the handicapping system on the Week 2 UK Newsletter so people are clear as to what to expect with their entries and ratings from them.

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:47 pm
Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next