View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:36 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 uploaded horse,s wrong ratings 
Selling plater

Post uploaded horse,s wrong ratings
colm i uploaded my horses with wrong ratings. could you sort it out for me please usra and ukra so sorry 4 this as i know you guys have a lot to do ty

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:33 pm
Selling plater

I have just uploaded a couple of horses via TOM for the first time. I reset them and changed their rating to 51 but notice that their rating now shows "0" Is this correct or have I done something wrong? Any advise would be much appreciated. The last thing I want to do is cause problems or create extra work for you. :oops:

Cheers,

Ste

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:13 pm
Group 1 winner

Horses start without a rating (0) so that they cannot enter handicaps straight off the bat. They need to run in a maiden, listed or Group race in order to be evaluated an assigned an accurate (ish) rating to start from. It's not a massive issue that horses are uploaded with incorrect initial marks because as I say they can't enter handicaps and I have to adjust it anyway when I rate them but it does help if they are, so to be clear for anyone who hasn't uploaded yet, the upload ratings should be -

UK - Rating of 75
US - Rating of 80
NH - Rating of 100

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:27 pm
Selling plater

Just a couple more questions if I may. Why does the SOPL manual tell you to rate your horses "51" yet you have stated this should be "75" ? :?

I have only uploaded two horses to date. Do you suggest I change the rating of my other horses to "75" before uploading to my UK stable?

Thanks in advance,

Ste

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:27 pm
Group 1 winner

Not sure, I'd need to look at the manual, previously the only code that reset the form and provided a standard rating was 951, so it may just be in need of an update now that we have more codes and league handicappers.

Quote:
Do you suggest I change the rating of my other horses to "75" before uploading to my UK stable?

Please do

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:31 pm
Selling plater

Consider it done DB. Thanks for your help.

Ste

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:49 pm
Handicapper

Thanks DB.

Just a couple more questions if I may. Why does the SOPL manual tell you to rate your horses "51" yet you have stated this should be "75" ? :?

I have only uploaded two horses to date. Do you suggest I change the rating of my other horses to "75" before uploading to my UK stable?

Thanks in advance,

Ste

Colm or I will get that fixed, as the vet is prone to say!

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:41 am
Group 2 winner

Just had a look at the manual to correct any typos, but I can't find where you're seeing 51. Can you post a link to the page you're viewing so I can update and avoid this causing further confusion.

Thanks..

Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:59 am
Selling plater

Colm, the 4th bullet point states all new horses should be uploaded with a rating of 51.
Later down the page I can see it gives a rating for UK flat racing as 75 but given my horses are a new to the league I figured they should be set to 51.
Maybe it is just me and how I have read the manual but it just seams a shade contradictory.
No bother though really as all my other horses have now been set to 75 on the advice of Dancing Brave and any future uploads will be as required.

Thanks,

Ste

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]