View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 5:21 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Finishing All Newsletters 
Handicapper

I don't even understand how one cheats :?

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:29 pm
Group 3 winner

Mine are running so bad i think someone has hacked my account and swapped mine for theirs! :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:31 pm
Group 1 winner

Sorry to hear that Steve, I hope you reconsider.

(This isn't aimed at anyone in particular by the way)
John made a mistake, yes a bad one, but it isn't the end of the world. I've been filled in on what he did, and it is disappointing, probably unjustifiable but the chap is sorry and has been punished, both in the league itself and by having his character and/or reputation severely damaged. What is this great need for blood that seems to appear every time something remotely controversial involving the league pops up. I don't get it. If the league is supposed to be fun, and people are treating it as such, then this shouldn't be a big deal should it?

I think a few players are missing the point of the league, and are too busy trying to aim for the stars to see that, sadly, the fun has got lost along the way. :(

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:40 pm
Handicapper

Steve I also really hope you reconsider, your very creative newsletters have been a superb addition to the league, I really look forward to them and I’d hate to see them go.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:18 pm
Handicapper

Mine are running so bad i think someone has hacked my account and swapped mine for theirs! :lol: :lol:

I confess it was me, I really needed those, thanks mate :lol:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:22 pm
Group 1 winner

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:25 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

Yes l agree.....Crazyboy OUT!!!!!!!! ALL BETS STAND ON TRAINER CHAMPIONSHIP :lol:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:37 pm
Group 1 winner

i havent had a single win or place to date and i have spend hours doing previews and have recently taken up doing some nhc comms - i did 9 last night which took a fair bit of my time. I know i have to spend a lot of time playing the game to improve my horses and i am going to do so, but at the same time i am dedicating hours to making the league more enjoyable for everyone as well as enjoying my first season as a trainer. so to see a top trainer getting a lot of wins to admit to cheating like this (admitting after being questioned) i feel so disheartened. so i know steve must be too because those newsletters are amazing and must take so much time

steve - you are a really nice guy mate and have exchanged a number of emailes with you. what you do is really appreciated by a lot of people and so there is still a value in doing them. i want to continue doing the commentaries for those people who do deserve them. try and look past this mate

that being said, im sorry scatters, but a ban is the only punishment which is not too severe (if only for one season) but also sends the right message!!

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:46 am
Group 1 winner

exactly, you guys are right!!who cares if your horse comes stone last, at least it ran!!!

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:47 am
Group 1 winner

anybody else who has cheated in anyway should also come clean now or the league is going to lose a lot of honest trainers who love the game and i for one will be gutted if this happens.

what other tricks and cheats are people using or is this the only one!!!!???

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:01 am
Handicapper

A lot of people put a lot/too much of their spare time into playing the game and helping with the enjoyment of it to have it tarnished like this

Not really a fair punishment, scatters is obviously a good trainer so should know better and if this is anything like real racing then he should be banned.

''this was not a cleverly devised plan'' Im quoting from yuku, well I mean the reasoning behind copying is pretty clear! the moment ur renaming a GG constitutes cheating and it looks devised.

Steve mate I know exactly where ur coming from pal but lets work this out

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:04 am
Group 3 winner

i know how steve feels:

i havent had a single win or place to date and i have spend hours doing previews and have recently taken up doing some nhc comms - i did 9 last night which took a fair bit of my time. I know i have to spend a lot of time playing the game to improve my horses and i am going to do so, but at the same time i am dedicating hours to making the league more enjoyable for everyone as well as enjoying my first season as a trainer. so to see a top trainer getting a lot of wins to admit to cheating like this (admitting after being questioned) i feel so disheartened. so i know steve must be too because those newsletters are amazing and must take so much time

steve - you are a really nice guy mate and have exchanged a number of emailes with you. what you do is really appreciated by a lot of people and so there is still a value in doing them. i want to continue doing the commentaries for those people who do deserve them. try and look past this mate

that being said, im sorry scatters, but a ban is the only punishment which is not too severe (if only for one season) but also sends the right message!!

See your just so much more eloquent than I. Your reviews were fantastic, makes no difference you didn`t pick the winners. Can`t wait till tomorrow for the coms.
It`s people like you and Steve who raise the level of this league and make it what it is.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:36 am
Site Admin

It is a shame that someone has cheated. I'm not sure what satisfaction someone would get investing their time in cheating in a league which offers no financial reward and is run for fun by volunteers. Clearly those who put (significant) effort into running the league are going to feel disheartened by all of this.

I am talking to Colm and co about this. It is likely changes can be made to the software to avoid this in the future.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:30 am
Handicapper

the difference is you had the guts to come forward. ..Steve

This is not true....for the record scatters was caught....
Does anybody remember my previous post!
Im sorry scatters but the whole truth is needed so we can move on, i personally will forgive and forget next season and im am asking everyone else too, he made big mistake/cheated but in life we all make them.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:34 am
Group 1 winner

yeah esa ive said on yuku i wanna see scatters back next season, he is obviously a good trainer.

dragontrainer - cheers mate, knowing you enjoy them makes me wana continue on doing them. once i have improved the standard of my horses i will start doing some previews again (in full), i will still try and post a few small ones now and again. I just think comms add more to the realism and enjoyment for everyone so am going to dedicate my time to those.

Im looking forward to hearing from steve, hopefully we have shown him enough support for him to reconsider the decision he made to finish the newsletters. We all know how much effort he puts in to them and I hope he can see the positives to continue in light of the recent events.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:27 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next