View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Finishing All Newsletters 
Group 1 winner

Post Finishing All Newsletters
All newsletters are being scrapped - what scatters has done might be the tip of the iceburg, but there is far too much going on below the surface for my liking.

What should be an enjoyable hobby has been marred by trainers using so many underhand methods to create good horses it defies belief.

Why players can't just play the game and enjoy the league from that is beyond me.

I am taking my horses out of the league. (I only had three anyway) so no great loss.

Out of respect for Colm I will continue to do the handicapping role I put myself forward for.

No doubt people will disagree with my opinion but that's life I suppose.

People really need to look at themselves, it's a game for gods sake.

I enjoyed putting together the UK fixture list with the long overdue handicap system introduced.

I enjoyed doing the newsletters but I really do not see the point anymore.

Steve

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:37 pm
Handicapper

you have just confirmed exactly what i thought in the 1st place and people say they aint over the top and obsessive about this game its become a joke if it was taken for what it is it would be fine but with this news i too will be withdrawing i think its pointless.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:45 pm
Group 1 winner

Hi mate, I can understand where you are coming from with Scatters but he has apologized and will be punished according. Dont feel down hearted tho this league is massive and its a very very small majority maybe 1 or 2 that have done this but l believe they have either left or been banned. The newsletters make a great part of the league and is enjoyed by everybody. The decision is yours tho mate but please dont be put off because of 1 or 2 people :wink:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:46 pm
Group 3 winner

are we missing something, what has scatters done??
things seem to be falling apart at the moment, hope it dont continue, You guys put so much hard work into the league and most of us really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

cheers

scotty

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:53 pm
Group 2 winner

Don't leave the league mate this is only the second person I have every heard of cheating, the first one got caught and the second came clean. please reconsider

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:56 pm
Group 1 winner

http://gallopracerseries.yuku.com/topic/20203?page=1

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:57 pm
Group 2 winner

Hi guys
are we missing something, what has scatters done??
things seem to be falling apart at the moment, hope it dont continue, You guys put so much hard work into the league and most of us really appreciate it!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

cheers

scotty

http://gallopracerseries.yuku.com/topic/20202

Last edited by kenny1972 on Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Group 1 winner

Don't leave the league mate this is only the second person I have every heard of cheating, the first one got caught and the second came clean. please reconsider

I second this be sorry to see you go, Please reconsider

Group 3 winner

Just wish everyone admitted to doing this........that would then mean my nags arent as bad as they seem! :D :D :D

At least the guy came clean, didnt he?? Or did he only come clean because he was challenged about some of his horses and was afraid of been found out???

Just hope this dont ruin the league altogether, things have turned nasty in the last few days, we should all make an effort to be nice to each other, we could start by letting me win the guineas on friday please. :lol: :lol:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:16 pm
Group 1 winner

Don't go, it is I who has done wrong.

Why should you go when you have done nothing wrong?

Don't be upset with anybody except me.

Don't punish yourself with the punishement I deserve.

Kind Regards

John

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:17 pm
Group 1 winner

Believe it or not I don't actually blame you.

Over the years the stakes have been raised in the league through, lets call them 'techniques' which means that to win you have to do the same or create something above what others are doing.

I think you are not the culprit but the victim of an ever increasing obsession to win virtual horse races.

I suspect there are others who are doing what you have done - the difference is you had the guts to come forward.

Regards

Steve

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:28 pm
Group 2 winner

I hope other players are not doing anything similar to gain an advantage as I like most players have work hard at putting my stable together. my best horses have ran well this season and if someone needs to cheat to gain half a length to beat a straight horse that up to them, you know you have won by cheating.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:45 pm
Group 1 winner

this is a time when the league needs to come together rather than fall apart there are enough people who would love nothing more than for it all to fall apart then you get the"i told you so"removing of horses just adds fuel to the fire and i for one a newbie ask you all to reconsider your plans as all youre doing is hurting the league which i know has already been done but we need to salvage rather than dismantle

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:04 pm
Handicapper

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:13 pm
Group 1 winner

I really wish you would reconsider Steve. I have absolutely loved reading your newsletters for the past few weeks and I think I speak for majority of the league players (if not all) that your services to these weekly publications will be a great loss to the league should they cease.

Jamie.

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:24 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next