View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 message for crazyboy or anyone who is good with computers 
Group 1 winner

Post message for crazyboy or anyone who is good with computers
crazy i asked esa for some advice on using mics to do the comms and he put your name forward as a good person to ask.

basically colm gave me the software to do the comms but when i try to configure a mic i have got with it every recording has loads of static and voice is really quiet. basically its the same as when i dont have a mic plugged in so im assuming the computer wont recognise it for some reason. Using the same mic on redeyez computer worked fine with the software so did the comms on there.

any advice from anyone would be great!!

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:02 pm
Handicapper

Not sure I can help you much I'm afraid mate as I've never done commentaries before. I do know though that under XP, and I can't imagine the process is much different for other windows operating systems or can’t be found easily, that on the control panel you have 'Sound and Audio Devices', if you click this and select the volume tab and then the advanced button the 'Play Control' appears. If there isn't a section for the microphone already here then click on the options menu, select properties and then select microphone from the bottom of the list and the microphone section will appear. From here you can fiddle about with it, it does have its own advanced button so that may help too.

If this doesn't work you may have to mess about with the settings of your sound card, the software for this should already be installed but it is specific to each sound card so I wouldn't be able to help much there. If you don't have it installed you will be able to get it from the manufacturers website.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:52 pm
Group 1 winner

I did the commentaries for the UK this week (well 9 of them) using the software Colm provided and had no problems whatsoever.

I'm sure there is a setting when making the record (the initial setup) where you can adjust the master volume setting for the mic.

Might be worth looking into that.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

also when it first starts recording it has like a 2or 3 second 'loading' pause before it actually start???

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:30 pm
Group 1 winner

how do i mess about with the sound card settings guys?

Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:35 pm
Group 1 winner

it just gives me a weird sounding voice.

Well you are from Newcastle. :lol:

In regards to sound card settings, that'd be in the System Tab inside the Control Panel.

I believe you need to go into Device Manager.

Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:32 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

cool, well ill have another mess about but if i cant get it to work im gunna pop into a pc shop or sumthing and get someone to sort it out for me

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]