View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:55 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 what's needed to be competitive in the league 
Selling plater

Post what's needed to be competitive in the league
Coming from Greyhound manager where we never really had much leagues i was wondering just how good the horse has to be to even compete here. In GM the initial league u could get away with racing game dogs and still be competitive. In the later league you really needed some extremely fast home bred stock who were good producers (not always the fastest were best in the breeding barn)

I am guessing here but I would think you would need fast home bred stock to compete. and if so how long has it taken (seasons) for your good horses to come through? I reckon in greyhound manager it took something like 30-40 seasons before i seen a big drop in times and my stock was consistantly winning all the big races.

Any help here would be appreciated

Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:23 am
Group 1 winner

Hi mate, not really sure bout greyhound manager but l have found blood lines are the key to SO4. With time it usually is a few seasons but l believe with have a player who just won this week in the league after only playin 3 or 4 seasons.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:13 am
Group 2 winner

Hi mate, all my horses in my UKRA stable are home bred as I thought that home breed horses where best, A week before the season started I lost my saved game and had to start again I was gutted, as I was getting 1 or 2 better home breed horses each season, I'm even more gutted now as my stable is doing a lot better than I thought it would. I'm 12 seasons in on my new game and I was finding it hard to get good horses as I was using my league horses as markers, seasons 9 and 10 I bought some 2yo's at the start of season auction and one horse from each of those seasons has run very well in the game and more importantly in the CK in fact both these game horses are out performing league horses in the CK.

I will say home breed horses are best but there are game horses out there that are just as good, just trial everything in the CK.

Hope this helps

Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:24 pm
Group 2 winner

I my previous post I mentioned 2 game breed horses that I purchased at the start of season auction, the one that was purchased at the start of season 9 has won on its first start in the US league, the other has not ran yet.

The colt I'm talking about is Wilming.

A few points to finish with

1. Colts or gelding makes no difference.
2. Game Breed or Home Breed - Wilming has just answered that.
3. 50 60 70 season in to the game - Wilming has just answered that.

http://www.sopl.info/sopl/tom10/view-results.php

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:25 am
Group 2 winner

My season 10 game breed Colt finished 3rd in the Irish 2000 Guineas :D :D :D :D

Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:49 pm
Selling plater

so i'm about a week or so into the game. not played it heaps but often enough. I found a good pair of breeders but this is kinda strange. My home bred horse is now 4. coming close to the end of the season. it has won 7 group 1's and 1 group 2. It won 2 group 1's as a 2 year old and 5 as a 3 year old but seems to have lost a leg as a 4 year old and won no group races this season and getting close to the end of it. It's a mare also so i dont know why it would really have gone off.

I intially thought she was gonna be the superstar to beat all in the league lol now i'm having 2nd thoughts lol

Sat Apr 24, 2010 3:27 am
Group 3 winner

As in real life some horses degrade with age and some improve. Hope you exported her as a 2 and 3yo. You might find she was born in an average season with no real champions, check out the form of the horses she ran against to see how they have fared against older opposition.
Either way it may be worth continuing the blood line especially as it`s a mare with G1 wins.

Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:56 am
Group 1 winner

But again mate this horse could win 10 G1 at 4yo and still be no good in the league, it all depends on CK form mate. Although he might win nothing in game could be great in the league.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:20 am
Selling plater

just been experimenting and racing all my exported horses together. I have a 1400m horse beating my group winning 1200m horses over 1200m.

Kinda weird considering my 1200m horses won plenty group races and in good time.

What would be good though is if i can get some peoples horses to race against in my race builder. as the online league stuff takes a while this will at least let me see where i am at. Is it allowed? can someone send me their exported horses who have done well in the league?

at the moment my horses are really only upto about 2000m. well competitively anyways.

Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:02 am
Group 2 winner

just been experimenting and racing all my exported horses together. I have a 1400m horse beating my group winning 1200m horses over 1200m.

Kinda weird considering my 1200m horses won plenty group races and in good time.

What would be good though is if i can get some peoples horses to race against in my race builder. as the online league stuff takes a while this will at least let me see where i am at. Is it allowed? can someone send me their exported horses who have done well in the league?

at the moment my horses are really only upto about 2000m. well competitively anyways.

You would be better posting on the league forum mate

http://gallopracerseries.yuku.com/directory

Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:29 pm
Group 1 winner

Just as a good pointer, if you down load last weeks league races here -

http://gallopracerseries.yuku.com/topic ... aries.html

You can get an idea what times are needed to have something competitive in the league

e.g - 7f Newbury (Good) 2yo's ran at 1.24.3 colts/filly

- 6f York (soft) 3yo+ ran at 1.10.6

Helps me realise that I dont have anything competitve yet :-)

Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]