View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:57 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 13 posts ] 
 How do you lodge an appeal? lol 
Handicapper

Post How do you lodge an appeal? lol
Do we at Starters Orders have an appeal commitee?

I watched a race today where a horse called Brunston won a mile race (8f) at Newbury with hayley turner taking the ride.

Its interesting that this horses previous form as brought forward to me by a fellow member was 11f 11f 12f 12f dropped back to 8f today and then wins at a big price (40to1). This is exactly what happened to The Grand Piano

Will Brunston be disqualified or can we at least have an inquiry as to whether mine should have been? lol

Cheers

Red

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:24 pm
Selling plater

I feel for you Redeyez this is why newbies won't join the league, well me anyway. Absolutely pathetic!!!!!

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:22 am
I totally agree with you troy yet I'm not a newbie, and I do feel for red too, I just wish mark comes up with another league to join on this forum as I don't nor do I want to get on with "some" of the people in this league, as they are way over the top.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:56 am
Handicapper

The reasoning on why your horse was dsq is correct...
I used to abuse the handicapping system to my advantage and it was not fair on other trainers...
If we have no stewards i will fiddle my horses and come in rated 60 and clean up....so will other top trainers and you wont win a race...Sorry to be blunt but this is dragging on.....

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:16 am
Group 2 winner

I would be running all my second string horses over the wrong trip and aim them at all the major handicaps and try and clean up as well.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:29 am
Handicapper

Red if you want to lodge an appeal I'd suggest you do it in the Yuku forums where one of the stewards can take a look at it.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:44 am
Selling plater

I totally agree with you troy yet I'm not a newbie, and I do feel for red too, I just wish mark comes up with another league to join on this forum as I don't nor do I want to get on with "some" of the people in this league, as they are way over the top.

No need to feel sorry for redeyez as he was caught fiddling, so the stewards clearly did a good job.

To my knowledge the current league is done by volunteers not Mark. I don't understand what is stopping those unhappy with the league doing one of their own. Actually maybe you could answer that, why don’t you set one up?

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:56 am
Group 1 winner

Yes in this case there is no point making a appeal as decision was made and was final. If in future anyone has any doubts then for sure either post or send a email to relevant people. The league is fair and although l disagree Red was fiddling he is a new player and didnt really understand CK but as has been said already rules are the same for all.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:51 am
Group 1 winner

I watched a race today where a horse called Brunston won a mile race (8f) at Newbury with hayley turner taking the ride.

Its interesting that this horses previous form as brought forward to me by a fellow member was 11f 11f 12f 12f dropped back to 8f today and then wins at a big price (40to1). This is exactly what happened to The Grand Piano

The Grand Piano ran in maiden over 12f getting tailed off and a rating of 60. Then dropped to a mile immediately after where he took advantage of a mark he shouldn't of been on.

Branston won two of those races over the distances listed above and went up 12lbs for it, from his initial mark.

Plus you have to factor in horses in real life racing can be a lot more flexible than in the game and so, can run well at a mile and at 12f also. Yours didn't Red, so big difference.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:34 pm
Group 1 winner

I do feel for you red, but I think even though you weren't trying to fiddle the system or gain an unfair advantage that the rules should be the same for everyone because that's what makes it fair. I would suggest as others have if you wanted to lodge an appeal then do so on the Yuku forum and email those concerned before it is a closed case. I'd say it's too late now, but look on the bright side, the horse won so if it can once then it surely can again. You've proved you can train a horse to win a league race so I'm sure you will again.

Good luck.

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:38 pm
Group 1 winner

Quote:
I feel for you Redeyez this is why newbies won't join the league, well me anyway. Absolutely pathetic!!!!!

JC Night wrote:
Quote:

I am quite willing to drop the role of chief handicapper and let either of you two gentlemen takeover.

What do you say yes or no?

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:02 pm
Group 1 winner

No Steve you do a very very good job mate and it is appreciated by everyone, the 2 quotes above are both from non players anyway. Working along side you mate l think your very fair, think l would have caused up roar with DQ's l would of handed out loads :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:12 pm
Group 3 winner

Think its about time this subject was closed, rules are same for everyone in the league, stewards threw out your horse fair and square!!
I'm a newbie, who is enjoying the league and find everyone helpful and forthcoming with advice.
Look at my stable, my horses are running absolute pants and you wont see me moaning, it will just make it even more satisfying "IF" i manage to get one of mine home in front!!
So i say to every one who helps with the week to week running of the league, MASSIVE THANKS, and try to block out sly digs that get pushed your way from time to time!!

Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:17 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 13 posts ]