View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Group 3 winner

having only found out today the full extent of what has happened in SOPL
i have resigned because this is the tip of a very big iceberg and feel it is not ok for this sort of thing to go on...i only play for the fun of it as anyone can see from viewing any one of my stables..i know there are serious players on here so fair play to them if u put in the work u should reap the rewards..

i have left the running side of the game as my situation has changed somewhat lately and have thought about leaving the volunteer side of the game for a while now and concentrate on having more fun while i still can
as a player only

i have no axes to grind or hatchets to bury just felt the time was too opportune to let pass by...

as for the comment it was time for us to go is a bit below the belt when we have put hundreds of hours into the League for the enjoyment of others and im quite miffed at that comment i have helped the league since season 2 as part of the staff and that comment is uncalled for totally

not only that but i have put umpteen millions back into the game as prizemoney etc last season alone i put 250m as PM and ex gratia gifts ie non repayable loans to league players who needed it

i do hope the League continues as i for one will be lost without it

Paul

Sat May 22, 2010 2:48 am
Group 1 winner

Paul, I can't see the comment your talking about or who made it but more importantly, sorry to hear that and I wish you well in multiple ways.

Sat May 22, 2010 8:49 am
Group 1 winner

I feel quite strongly about this. I have posted my views on the Yuku forum. I won't repeat them but I may be back if I think of more I want to say.

Sat May 22, 2010 9:11 am
Group 1 winner

Just as I owned up to the thread branding the three trainers, I think whoever sent the e-mail about Paul and Colm, should come forward and say why the time was right for them to step down.
I believe they will NOT have the guts to do so.

Sat May 22, 2010 9:26 am
Group 1 winner

Just as I owned up to the thread branding the three trainers, I think whoever sent the e-mail about Paul and Colm, should come forward and say why the time was right for them to step down.
I believe they will NOT have the guts to do so.

Of course they won't.

Anyone who doubts the contribution Colm has made is a moron. As for Paul, with the circumstances he has been dealt with, his grace and leadership of NHC has been nothing short of exemplary.

Sat May 22, 2010 9:35 am
Group 1 winner

Paul, I can't see the comment your talking about

Just checked my emails, now I got ya!!
I could publish three other emails I have managed to get hold of that would expose the backstabbing and secret plots going on and I think it's fair to say one or two names would come as quite a surprise. All very 'Et tu Brute'
but maybe for another day. Good luck if you carry on, good luck if you rebuild, good luck either way, I shall return to my spiritual home of mods and real racing discussion.

Sat May 22, 2010 9:40 am
Group 1 winner

Post them everything needs to be out in the open if the league is to start again with any sort of foundation.

Sat May 22, 2010 9:57 am
Group 1 winner

wow this is all a shame really, i hope the league can continue as i really enjoy playing and trying to improve, but must admit im not too optimistic.

firstly,whoever has said that about Paul and Colm is wrong, and i for one would like to say how much i appreciate all the hard work they put in.

secondly, i have to say i am a newbie trainer who thinks that what has gone on is wrong. anyone can say im jelous if they want to, but that is simply not the case - ask Jay how happy i was with 10th in the irish oaks and 7th in the curragh cup, and how happy i was to win a 3m maiden. I just enjoy taking part.

Thirdly, when i bought this game i was unaware of a league. when i found out i was 20 seasons into a game, but didnt realise (because im new to it) the importance of the ck and getting a good start to breeding. so after 60 seasons and awful league performances, some of the top trainers gave me advice - mostly this was ESAGENT and jasonpaulburke. All the advice they gave me has helped me improve greatly, but at no point did they suggest breeding with their horses or improving my game by any other means than simply giving me advice.
One of the other good trainers, Vinny Gerrard (hope he doesnt mind me mentioning this) messed up his game before the league began and he is used to being near the top of the trainer list. when this happened he took it on the chin and started again, on his own. It is clearly unlucky and a pain the arse when data is lost but it is also clearly unfair to interbreed to accelerate progress. I dont believe what has happened to be as bad as scatters incident and i like of the three trainers after only a brief period of 'knowing' them.

I really hope the league can continue and also welcome back the three trainers in the future, if there is a future and they wish to be a part of it

Sat May 22, 2010 11:12 am
Group 1 winner

Post them everything needs to be out in the open if the league is to start again with any sort of foundation

Can't do that Steve. I've considered the options, read posts on both forums and the fall out would be far to great. I may in time pass them on to the people who were and are still targets so they know the score and they can do with them what they wish but for now, the best thing to do is to keep them away from the public domain.

Sat May 22, 2010 11:57 am
Group 2 winner

You're an extremely confused individual, you believe we exchanged horses with each other to gain an advantage?

2 months down the line since files were swapped, 65+ years of breeding in my game, 3 different fillies attempted to beat Ghanaati and failed.

Your assumptions do not add up.

So why did you exchange horses if it was not to gain an advantage?

Sat May 22, 2010 5:07 pm
Handicapper

LukeWilson wrote:
You're an extremely confused individual, you believe we exchanged horses with each other to gain an advantage?

2 months down the line since files were swapped, 65+ years of breeding in my game, 3 different fillies attempted to beat Ghanaati and failed.

Your assumptions do not add up.

So why did you exchange horses if it was not to gain an advantage?

I worry about how poisoned the views are with the majority of the community when I read a quote like this, have you not been reading anything Kenny?

I gave the horses as a favour to get him up and running again, let me tell you this - my horses are hardly anything special and I've had 5 winners in the league over the course of 2 years so what advantage would Jamie have been getting? can you please tell me.

My 5 winners this year, yes 5 winners hardly a powerhouse;

Lucky The Great (3 wins)- never featured in Esagents outburts.
Montage Marshall (1 win) - never featured in Esagents outburts.
Galaxy Royale (1 win) - never featured in Esagents outburts.

Feared Within and Romanella have come up over 25+ tiimes in the outrage, these horses never won in the league or looked remotely like winning, again tell me where the advantage was for Jamie.

Here's the horses at the heart of all the controversy

Feared Within - 2000
Romanella - 609

League stars? I think not, a fantastic base to build on? hardly.

Thank you.

Sat May 22, 2010 5:38 pm
Group 2 winner

I have been reading the posts mate and this isn't a poisoned view, I just don't understand if the horses in question were nothing special what was the point in using them in this way?

Sat May 22, 2010 6:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2