View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 3:20 am

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 New President 
Group 1 winner

ive said all along i would like the current league to continue because alot of hard work has been put in to get past half way. If the league was disbanded and work began on the future then i would understand that decision, but i would strongly support the idea of being able to take horses curretnly in a stable to the new season. Especially new uploads who have hardly had a chance to race. Even those uploaded in week 1 deserve a full season of racing - the chances are anyway people will have better horses by then but the option should be made available.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:57 am
Group 1 winner

One other point is that I want the UK season to run from March to November. The US league could run at the same time or during the winter.

If the later was the case then no US races would be included in the schedule as they would already have been run in the winter.

Group 1 winner

Steve, that's fine, I completely agree with you then. (I'll give you a minute to do a double take, and make sure you read that last bit correctly :lol: )
Then if we have someone who wants to put the time into the US side, who has the ideas to make it work, I think it would be a mistake not to use that, let the US league do it's thing, while you do your thing for UK and NH. (For me the UK and US should run concurrently but see what Rich thinks)
I know we partly discussed field sizes before when we were handicapping hand in hand but I would like you to consider the idea, seen as you are looking at a realistic schedule to run along side the real life one, to have max field sizes that are realistic to the tracks as well as the races. It is something I would like implemented into a future version of the game, as 30 runner fields round the likes of kempton or meydan just does not work.

The only real thing the two of you need to get together on, and agree on, is a comprehensive and set list of rules.

Last edited by Dancing Brave on Mon May 24, 2010 10:59 am, edited 2 times in total.

Group 1 winner

would make more sense to run us and uk league alongside each other and the nhc be ran seperate in my opinion.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:58 am
Group 1 winner

Wait for it ..... yes I agree about field sizes and tracks.

That would be implented for sure.

Mon May 24, 2010 10:59 am
Group 1 winner

see db just got in there first, agree completley - run flat leagues alongside each other.

the field size issue just raised there - also agree with db , although the addition of more races per week would go someway to reduce them!! you would have to carefully balance the number of races per week and the stable sizes!

Mon May 24, 2010 11:00 am
Group 1 winner

If I had the choice I would also have the flat leagues running at the same time.

We would need quite a lot of staff though.

A team for the UK and a team for the US.

Last edited by East Pier Whitby on Mon May 24, 2010 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:02 am
Group 1 winner

nhc staff could help with one of the flat.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:04 am
Group 1 winner

yes I agree

Wow, stewardess, is it possible that I am experiencing an early onset version of jet lag?? It can't be.

Then providing Rich is amenable, and Jim is a happy camper, I think you can scrap the vote for presidency idea and crack on to not just save, but take forward the league. Good luck chaps. :wink:

Mon May 24, 2010 11:04 am
Group 1 winner

yeah im inclined to agree, the ideas are good and steve has shown this season that he puts the work in

Mon May 24, 2010 11:06 am
Group 1 winner

Before we get carried away by this we need the agreement of a number of people - namely Rich and absolutely paramount Dave Archibald & Colm who run TOM.

No TOM no league!

Mon May 24, 2010 11:11 am
Group 1 winner

Absolutely, and make sure the majority of players are happy with whatever solo and combined plans you put up.
Anyway, a quick nap beckons, have fun.

Mon May 24, 2010 11:17 am
Group 1 winner

Steve can l ask mate your thoughts on uploads, l have seen rich's but want to see your. The reason l ask is at the moment l think there are to many and would like to see only 1 maybe 2 upload options per season. The reason l say this if everyone knew that the season started in March people could dedicate there time to play till then. A lot of people then do not have time to play will the season is running and IMO that gives a massive advantage to people that have got the time. Not only that as we have seen in the league this year Group 1 are being won by new uploads that have never run before. This not only makes the tipping competition almost impossible, race previews are hard and l just dont think its realistic. As l say 1 or maybe 2 uploads per season would make it a bit fairer as say week 8 you know you have 8 weeks to get some work in rather than 4 at moment, plus l would like some rule that to run in a Group race you at least need 1 run.

Mike

Mon May 24, 2010 11:18 am
Group 1 winner

Mon May 24, 2010 11:21 am
Handicapper

The president has resigned and in these situations the vice president usually steps up to the mark..
Now some of the ideas banded around are good and imo some not so good but it's not for me to judge its the new president and maybe some of the experienced trainers...
And i think the main thing that needs to be sorted is the game needs to be CLEAN...
And don't laugh here but i do personally believe jamie and DB would be the best trainers to vet this as they are the most experienced in this area!
I also believe from now on any trainer who has improved his stable by means that is not in the new rule book should be banned for life...
Otherwise what is the point...
I hope there is universal agreement on this....

Mon May 24, 2010 11:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next