View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 New President 
Selling plater

thanks jim that would be a great way to go what you said above as we are all adults & we all need to respect one another at all times,
I might be out of line if I suggest anything to do with the league as many of you have been in it for a very long time but as the old saying goes sometimes great things come from the mouths of babes so here I go, what about if you run the league as you would be running a country I mean what if two of the parties in question give themselves a name and form their own party, then they can vote for their own premier and the president would always be jim, another words the last say would have to be his when it comes to big development where the premier at the time if he or she has any new ideas they would have to put it to jim in order to get the all clear for that party to go ahead and make it a policy for the league,
and every two years of the league the members would vote one of these parties into running the league of course the other party that lost the election will have to play a role in keeping the party that is running the league accountable where once a month the two parties can go behind closed doors and hold a sitting like a parliment or a congress situation and jim can be their Mr speaker.
I don't know maybe it's all silly but it might work for the sake of peace and harmony in the long term.

Tue May 25, 2010 7:59 am
Group 1 winner

Thanks for answering my question Rich. I do agree that, although I would love to see interbreeding now, SO5 is a more realistic target for it. Once Mark has had more time to perfect the process and it can be very obvious when a horse is by an outside stallion.

Steve, I assume that I can have a UKRA and NHC stable but can't swap the horses around??

M Laparooze, I do hope that you never feel victimised or are made to feel as though you don't want to post on this forum. If you ever feel like that contact Mark, through the main SO website and he can contact Mwesty or I and we can do something about it. As forum moderators that is the point of us being around. I hope that anyone who feels like this can get in touch with us. I am reluctant to publish me email address.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:28 am
Group 3 winner

The best way forward is trying to get as many people working TOGETHER, working towards the same goals and objectives.
I think that creating 2 seperate "parties" will be a short cut back to square one.
We are all adults and hopefully can all behave in a mature manner, whoever is president will have my full backing, I run my own company and work over 100 hours a week but I am willing to spare a couple of hours a week to help out with the running of the league.

Just remember, it's a game we all love, without the league it's lifespan isn't that long, let's make sure we get the foundations right now, who ever puts their name forward for president speak to colm to find out if all the hard work and stress it creates is something your prepared to take on board, don't just put your name forward because someone you don't see eye to eye with has and would like to get one over on them!!

It shouldn't matter who is given the role of chairman, they should have the 100% backing and cooperation of every league member, if we are quoting famous sayings, "Rome wasn't built in a day", let's take our time, choose the right leader and together with the backing of EVERY trainer(not just the so called"elite") we can build on already excellent work colm has carried out.

We can fight them on the beaches rant over.....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 8:41 am
Selling plater

Fair enough scotty64 you all know best.

Tue May 25, 2010 9:00 am
Group 1 winner

thanks jim that would be a great way to go what you said above as we are all adults & we all need to respect one another at all times,
I might be out of line if I suggest anything to do with the league as many of you have been in it for a very long time but as the old saying goes sometimes great things come from the mouths of babes so here I go, what about if you run the league as you would be running a country I mean what if two of the parties in question give themselves a name and form their own party, then they can vote for their own premier and the president would always be jim, another words the last say would have to be his when it comes to big development where the premier at the time if he or she has any new ideas they would have to put it to jim in order to get the all clear for that party to go ahead and make it a policy for the league,
and every two years of the league the members would vote one of these parties into running the league of course the other party that lost the election will have to play a role in keeping the party that is running the league accountable where once a month the two parties can go behind closed doors and hold a sitting like a parliment or a congress situation and jim can be their Mr speaker.
I don't know maybe it's all silly but it might work for the sake of peace and harmony in the long term.

Hi M Laparooze as a moderator lm sorry you felt like this and l should of noticed and said something, for this l apologize. Just need to confirm some details so could you contact me ASAP please mwesty1980@yahoo.com

Tue May 25, 2010 9:13 am
Group 3 winner

Ok SuperCat will do that thanks.

M Laparooze wrote:
Ok SuperCat will do that thanks.

I was stating my opinions and thoughts, I am a new trainer too, I never mentioned your name In my post so why the sarcastic swipe?? :roll:

A forum is meant to be a place to share ideas and join in debates, just because I don't think your idea is a good idea, does not mean it is not a good idea..... :lol:

your comment of "fair enough scotty64, you all know best" could be taken the wrong way by someone a little more opinionated than myself.

Don't worry mate, I accept your appology graciously!
:lol:

Tue May 25, 2010 9:48 am
Selling plater

No need to be sorry mwesty1 nothing has happened its all good thanks.

Sorry you had read into what I said scotty64 I did mean it the way I wrote it with no sinister intentions.

Tue May 25, 2010 9:54 am
Group 3 winner

Tue May 25, 2010 10:02 am
Group 1 winner

No need to be sorry mwesty1 nothing has happened its all good thanks.

Yes thats ok mate just drop me an email to confirm some details buddy
mwesty1980@yahoo.com

Tue May 25, 2010 11:37 am
Group 1 winner

The reason it can't work is the league CANNOT take another person cheating or improving there gameplay by unfair means...
It's very difficult to police and it only takes one trainer who decides to go private and the league will collapse...I think the risk reward ratio is not too good..
good luck anyway....

Thanks ESAGENT for putting it simply if trainers have the temptation to do underhanded deals league may be left in tatters, lets not have that again! Files must be trainer identifiable and non tamperable , dont get me wrong the idea is great but like i posted there are just to many worrys over the risk.

Tue May 25, 2010 7:21 pm
Group 1 winner

To be honest how is this going to be solved we could be going round in circles for ages, not everbodys going to like what others want (FACT) where to we draw the middle line and say ok this is it?

We need presidents who are interested to put together exactly what they are about and send it to trainers by EMAIL so trainers can make there choice based upon who they think is there best candidate to get what they are looking for.

The option of two presidents was floated about but if the league has US and UK races run by seperate presidents will there be two seperate winners of the breeders cup etc one for the us league and one in the uk league or will presidents be able to put it together so you can do what was done before? Maybe presidents who are candidates should get together and agree on a platform and then see what we think of it?

Two leagues like this could be good with the races you want in them UK having seperate schedule and US its own, Horses not transfering anymore would go along with this as well. All ratings for horses done on there own league to would be a plus wouldnt it.

Tue May 25, 2010 7:54 pm
Group 1 winner

To be honest how is this going to be solved we could be going round in circles for ages, not everbodys going to like what others want (FACT) where to we draw the middle line and say ok this is it?

We need presidents who are interested to put together exactly what they are about and send it to trainers by EMAIL so trainers can make there choice based upon who they think is there best candidate to get what they are looking for.

The option of two presidents was floated about but if the league has US and UK races run by seperate presidents will there be two seperate winners of the breeders cup etc one for the us league and one in the uk league or will presidents be able to put it together so you can do what was done before? Maybe presidents who are candidates should get together and agree on a platform and then see what we think of it?

Two leagues like this could be good with the races you want in them UK having seperate schedule and US its own, Horses not transfering anymore would go along with this as well. All ratings for horses done on there own league to would be a plus wouldnt it.

I believe the decision is being made as we speak mate and lm sure we will know as soon as there decision has been reached for President and then we can move from there.

Tue May 25, 2010 7:59 pm
Group 1 winner

I agree Hackett. Although on the Breeders Cup issue I think there would have to be some cross over there because there are lots of UK horses that travel to America. So there should be one Breeders cup with the best from America and the UK racing for some of the biggest prizes of the year.

I think we need to get into looking for a solution soon and I really like the idea of having separate UK/NHC and US leagues. Steve for President of UK/NHC and Rich for President of US league. Then with an overall invigilator, someone with experience of the job, someone like Colm or Jim Cougar to make decisions if there were to be arguments or indecisions between the two presidents. Therefore we could still have the input of people like Colm but his workload would be hardly anything unless he wanted to do more and he wouldn't technically be in charge of anything unless there was a disagreement.

WE NEED TO GET THIS RESOLVED SOON SO WE CAN START PLANNING FOR A NEW ERA FOR A BRAND NEW LEAGUE.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:00 pm
Group 1 winner

I agree Hackett. Although on the Breeders Cup issue I think there would have to be some cross over there because there are lots of UK horses that travel to America. So there should be one Breeders cup with the best from America and the UK racing for some of the biggest prizes of the year.

WE NEED TO GET THIS RESOLVED SOON SO WE CAN START PLANNING FOR A NEW ERA FOR A BRAND NEW LEAGUE.

Im With you on these statements would like it this way just depends on if while having two presidents for seperate leagues they can agree on the breeders and meydan being inter races.

If not would you be happy with the other?

Having two seperate leagues will make more trainers join both leagues was the other thing i was thinking. I only played UKRA before as it was all you needed to do to enjoy both leagues (the main races anyway) as they were inter races but if it was split completely i would probably upload for USRA as well.

Tue May 25, 2010 8:19 pm
Group 1 winner

hackett wrote:
I believe the decision is being made as we speak mate and lm sure we will know as soon as there decision has been reached for President and then we can move from there.

Really?? Sorry WESTY statement confused me a bit.... (THERE decision has been reached for president) , who is the (THERE) were talking about here mate sorry :?

Tue May 25, 2010 8:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next