View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 10:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 New President 
Group 2 winner

I don't mind if you work against me Kenny! LOL.

When we look at the last incident it was 2 groups having a war of words and a lot was said in the heat of the moment, both the groups were made up of some to the best players in the league and now the other 70 or so players need to wait until the mess is sorted out which is not fair. No player or group of players should be bigger than the league, if someone has cheated, bent a rule or misinterpreted a rule it need to be dealt with quickly, I not saying deal with it right away gather all the facts contact the player and sort it out, even if the player is allowed to play while under investigation.

Mon May 24, 2010 12:48 pm
Group 2 winner

I don't mind if you work against me Kenny! LOL.

"If I had Dancing Lessons for all the times that has been brought up I would be a Fred Astaire"

Nobody can predict what is around the corner.

I am passionate and hot headed yes.

You pay your money you take your chance :)

Total agree mate

Mon May 24, 2010 12:48 pm
Selling plater

Steve do you think you will have the time to be president?

Where I'm coming from is your news letter is great and you put a lot of time in to it but due to work and person life it has been delayed some weeks and others have been cancelled, I'm not saying you should give up your work and person life.

Also after the scatter incident you said "All newsletters are being scrapped - what scatters has done might be the tip of the iceburg, but there is far too much going on below the surface for my liking." you where also going to remove all your horses.

It may sound like I'm working against you getting in as president but I want the league to be build on the strong foundations that colm has left behind.

Also if there is a problem during a season the powers that be make a quick and fair decision and everyone has to stand by that decision, this should be done behind closed doors and not posted on the forum as this will only start a war of words and people say things they don't mean in the heat of the moment.

I have to agree with all of this. The guy generating the newsletters should most definitely NOT be the new President. We were told there would be a separate newsletter for each league, each week. After ten weeks, there's been....3 maybe 4 newsletters total. Also, he had the harshest reaction to both the Scatters incident and the recent mess, I believe. "Hotheaded" is not a trait that would be good for this position. I'm guessing he would quit after two weeks, resume duties after two more weeks and then quit again.

Mon May 24, 2010 1:19 pm
Group 1 winner

Don't worry Bronco I don't think you will have to put up with my missed deadlines in the future. LMAO :D

Mon May 24, 2010 1:41 pm
Group 1 winner

I have to agree with all of this. The guy generating the newsletters should most definitely NOT be the new President. We were told there would be a separate newsletter for each league, each week. After ten weeks, there's been....3 maybe 4 newsletters total. Also, he had the harshest reaction to both the Scatters incident and the recent mess, I believe. "Hotheaded" is not a trait that would be good for this position. I'm guessing he would quit after two weeks, resume duties after two more weeks and then quit again.

Spot on Bronco.

Mon May 24, 2010 1:41 pm
Profile WWW
Group 1 winner

I am sure we all agree that Steve may or may not have reacted badly and rashly over the events of the past few days and maybe jumped the gun with his early posts before the league guru's had a chance to discuss with the players concerned.

But, in my opinion, I don't think that criticising Steve for his league paper and its frequency is fair or just, the guy spent many hours I imagine putting this together with not alot of help from league players, yes maybe he was a little ambitious with attempting a weekly edition, but please do not use this as part of a decision making progress re: secretary of a league, he has surely proved his commitment & time to SOPL with his handicapping and his attempt at bringing a good read to the league.

I am happy to continue participation & assistance in the league under whoever's leadership (yes, I wish it was Colm) maybe a head of each part of the league NH,US & UKRA is the way.

Good luck to all candidates.... :D

Mon May 24, 2010 5:00 pm
Group 1 winner

Time spent on the newsletter per week 14 hours.

For five out of nine weeks = 70 Hours.

Time spent doing handicapping for both US and NHC per week four hours

For nine weeks = 36 Hours

Time spent on stewards role = 1 Hour Per Week

For nine weeks = 9 Hours

Time spent Checking Colms input to the fixture list

= 2 Hours

Time spent creating UK fixture list

= 14 Hours

Total time = Well you do the Maths.

Time spent putting together a stable during league season 1 hour per week

So pardon me if the newsletter wasn't always delivered or delivered on time

Thank you to Anadin the only one to realise and publicly state that fact.

Mon May 24, 2010 5:20 pm
Group 3 winner

Bloodyhell.......... thats a lot of work.... :oops: :oops: :oops:
surely actually combining that with been president would be too much work steve???
That is commitment, if steve can committ 100% to deliver his manifesto then maybe i too was a little hasty with my vote...........
for me a toss up between STEVE AND HEMZ!!!

Mon May 24, 2010 5:58 pm
Selling plater

i am new to the game & league so i couldn't vote on anyone as i don't know any of you people yet but after reading all this and the sopl forums i see a lot of in fighting & back stabbing amongst you all its like two teams are at war with each other for no obvious reason at all, i did register in the league engine so call tom thing but i didn't place any horses in there the last so called upload as i saw fairness played no roll what so ever,
i see your league is based on back stabbing, jealousy & disagreement, it does not have to be that way you all should come together and prove to the new people that will buy the game that you all are leaders and what counts is the game the league at the end nothing more & nothing less so far you people haven't shown me that and i am sure i am not the only one that feels that way either, but hopefully you all can get your act together i don't know but i hope so because i have got to a point in the game that it's getting to boring to continue and outside play is going to be the go otherwise the game in my opinion is going to be shelved for me anyway so i hope you all can stop fighting soon and think of the league rather then thinking of your own selves, i sure hope i didn't offend anyone on here that was not my intention and if i did, i am sorry.

Mon May 24, 2010 6:20 pm
Group 3 winner

I am new to the game & league so i couldn't vote on anyone as i don't know any of you people yet but after reading all this and the sopl forums i see a lot of in fighting & back stabbing amongst you all its like two teams are at war with each other for no obvious reason at all, i did register in the league engine so call tom thing but i didn't place any horses in there the last so called upload as i saw fairness played no roll what so ever,
i see your league is based on back stabbing, jealousy & disagreement, it does not have to be that way you all should come together and prove to the new people that will buy the game that you all are leaders and what counts is the game the league at the end nothing more & nothing less so far you people haven't shown me that and i am sure i am not the only one that feels that way either, but hopefully you all can get your act together i don't know but i hope so because i have got to a point in the game that it's getting to boring to continue and outside play is going to be the go otherwise the game in my opinion is going to be shelved for me anyway so i hope you all can stop fighting soon and think of the league rather then thinking of your own selves, i sure hope i didn't offend anyone on here that was not my intention and if i did, i am sorry.M Laparooze

It must be a sad state of affairs when someone new feels this way and i suppose many others like him are feeling it too...

because if nothing is decided soon to end all this in-fighting i feel the league may go out the window of history..now that really would be a sad day indeed. i'm sure the majority feels like me that the sooner the league gets back the better so plz decide on who is running what asap so we can all go back to playing what most of us love..SOPL

Paul

Mon May 24, 2010 7:00 pm
Group 2 winner

Mon May 24, 2010 7:04 pm
Group 2 winner

Guys - I know that people may be on edge and tempers probably running higher than usual, and it's easy to act upon feelings, but continued pot shots at each other, get us nowhere.

Mon May 24, 2010 7:09 pm
Group 2 winner

steve i know you put a hell of a lot of hours in and i'm sorry if you feel some players are against you, but i think everyone just wants the league to be stable and run smoothly. the news letter has been delayed for very good reasons like marking exam papers etc and your personal and professional should always come first.

comments like "So pardon me if the newsletter wasn't always delivered or delivered on time" won't win you any votes mate everyone including yourself just want what is best for the league

you also stated earlier "If that choice is Richard Coates then I will step down from the roles I currently occupy including Newsletter writer and take part in the league purely as a competitor." if Richard Coates does get the role would you not consider helping him build a strong league.

Steve i would like to point out that i'm not a friend of Richard Coates or any enemy for that matter i know him just as much as i know yourself.

colm is going to be a very hard act to follow and we need the right man in the job if that is you i will be behind you 100% mate

once again i'm sorry if it looks like i am try to put people off you and i hope i have not turned anyone against you

please let me know your feeling on this post mate

Mon May 24, 2010 7:25 pm
Group 1 winner

I have no problem with working with Steve however I feel the structure should be:

SOPL President/VP
|
UK Pres - US Pres - NHC Pres

Because sometimes decisions need to be made and committees, whilst great, turn into quangos and silly point scoring if the objective is lost.

Steve has a lot of good ideas and strives for realism but I am much more pragmatic and see it as a game. We don't have hundreds of trainers like real life, we don't have thousands of horses of varying quality like real life. We have 50 or so trainers with horses very similarly matched.

Personally I really like the UK schedule how it is at the moment and dont feel that it needs a big overhaul. I dont feel changes should be made for the sake of making changes. Handicaps are the challenge and maybe there should be a 3 run limit but this isn't great in the context of the league.

Mon May 24, 2010 7:55 pm
Group 1 winner

i agree with all of that rich. think the leagues just need a few more races, maidens, handicaps etc. the structure thing is spot on in my opinion

Mon May 24, 2010 8:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next