View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Right...please read 
Group 1 winner

Post Right...please read
Current season is over. Crazyboy, congratulations on winning the number of victories. ESA, again congratulations for the most G1 victories.

Special congratulations to the 35 people who recorded more victories than me :lol:

New season will start in two months time. The reason for the delay is twofold:

1) New security measures will be bought in to monitor all league uploads. This will be done centrally. Punishments will be handed out behind closed doors. Players will not be able to report instances of perceived cheating as it will be handled by a secret panel (members will be contacted).

1a) Following on from 1, this will give enough time for people to run through seasons to reupload a new batch of horses.

2) Give everyone time to relax and approach the league in a new way. I will put forward a number of options of how the schedule should be run (1 34/35 week schedule, 2 shorter schedules, get rid of USRA, turn USRA into a career based season etc. etc.) and see what the majority of people want.

As it will be a new season everyone is allowed to play. Any past misdemeanours will be wiped, people make mistakes, it's a competitive environment. One person's bending of the rules is another person's cheating, no longer. The decisions will be handled centrally. If you want to do something you think might be a bit crafty, send me an email, I'll discuss it with the panel and agree/disagree. If you don't, when we find out about it you will be retrospectively punished for the same number of weeks you got away with it, can't say fairer than that right? Allegations of cheating outside of this format, say on the forums, will be punished in much the same way.

Now, I have to speak from the heart, there are elements of the league who get me down. Some of you know me, I never get depressed over real life issues but unbelievably I've had to come online to feel bad about myself. There are some really nasty things that have been done, two faced, spiteful comments, this cannot continue. If we aren't having fun there is absolutely no point in doing this.

The league will continue, if you don't want it to, if you want it to fail out of spite then leave. I don't care. I only hope your real life persona is less bitter.

The current league staff will be disbanded while we discuss what roles will be needed going forward, everyone who helped with last season (there are literally too many to name) thank you for your time and I hope you can continue with us going forward.

I want everyone to enjoy themselves, please reply to this thread to confirm you have read it and say whether you agree or disagree with this direction. Thanks.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:30 am
Handicapper

Sounds good to me Rich, with regards to the Security Measures and continued playing of the game.

Can we continue to export horses to be used next season using the current patch or will we have to wait for Mark to release another patch with said security measures before we export horses for the league?

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:45 am
Group 1 winner

Good point bud, you will need to wait for a new patch, Mark should be able to get this done pretty quickly. As soon as I know, you'll know.

I've created a new email address if anyone wants to get in touch with me privately:

soplpresident@gmail.com

Please address me as Mr President :P

Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:58 am
I am new here so not sure I should say anything but:
I think the new president needs to get a grip - there needs to be a lot more communication. First the league is going to start then it isn't. To be honest I think he has lost a lot of credibility already.
Won't be holding my breath that the league will live up to its billing under his leadership.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:30 am
Group 1 winner

i have literally just uploaded horses for that league who now i am not going to be able to use again??and even if i cud re-export them i cnt because they are in the barn and i dont even have that game anymore. ive literally just started a new game so im not gunna have anywhere near a good enough stable for two months time.

basically i had my stable to be competitive for rest of current season, and had 5 horses to upload week 15. some i had just uploaded who were good animals and would have picked up races for me.

so i had this season covered - and i started a new game to prepare for season 2 . this new plan now completley f***s my chances of being competitive next season!!

rich can i just ask why this season is over, i thought we were close to resumption??

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:46 am
Group 1 winner

i had uploaded 13 nhc horses who only had one race!!!and they were all pretty good as well.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:50 am
Same here I have been playing quite a lot so I could be involved in the league to get some idea of standards for the next season, it seems I have completely wasted my time - thanks Mr President

Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:12 pm
Selling plater

I know how you feel, i had some nice jumpers and i no longer have the game, started new game last week for next season.
Im only a part time player but i have fun, winning is nice but its not the main reason i play the league.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:24 pm
Group 1 winner

You will be able to re-upload horses once the patch has been released so as I understand it you won't have to start a new game and you certainly won't have "wasted your time".

Any horses that you have uploaded that haven't run can be uploaded again at the same age. This is just common sense.

I wanted this season to continue so that people could carry on but too many other people wanted a fresh start and I have come around to thinking that is the best option as well.

I hope you realise that this isn't the ideal option? You think I like having to bring in checks to ensure the integrity of the horses? Assume that everyone might cheat? Spoil it for everyone on behalf of a potential minority? Of course I don't. I understand your frustrations but please can we be mature about it?

Rivers, I am actually particularly hurt by your comments. You are coming across very selfish and not at all understanding of the situation.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:28 pm
And you have come across as if the job is too big for you and you dont understand the role. From what I have read people on here will accept situations as long as they are kept informed, something you have failed to do.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:36 pm
Group 1 winner

ah right, but do i not have to re-export them???if so i cnt do that but i have all the files for them.

rich im not trying to have a go, i understand the decision. basically im just asking for permission to use the horses i uploaded in the last window- i know you say horses without a run but please can u consider also allowing horses that only ran once after week 8 uploads??

Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:39 pm
I also believed we had to re export them after a new patch is this not the case? If so I also cannot do this.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:44 pm
Group 1 winner

Unfortunately the horses you have uploaded in the past won't pass the security checks, it will be horses you have exported after the patch (as yet not released) that will be able to be used. I have no idea how long it will be until this patch is released or the exact details but surely you would be happy to sacrifice a few good horses, which you can breed new and better horses from, to be safe in the knowledge that you are competing fairly?

Rivers, you're contradicting yourself. I keep people informed but then when I change my mind I "lose credibility", I don't keep people informed until we have decided what to do and the "job is too big for me". What is it bud?

Also, you sound very keen to help. Can you give up 2 hours of every weekend to help the league out? Contact me on the above email address. Thanks.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:52 pm
I am not contradicting anything I have said.

Communication is poor fact.
Horses I have exported are useless because I can not re export them after the new patch is released fact
I have wasted my time through your indecision fact
It seems there are already enough people willing to give their time for at least one of the league to continue fact

Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:05 pm
I believe it is your decision to allow what many people call cheats back into the league that has caused the unrest.
As I see it only Luke Wilson is continuing the other two involved have already said quite rightly they would not return this season.

Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 148 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next